Chinese Democracy (only intro)

Madagascar (only first seconds)

Sweet child (just a little)

Estranged

Shackler's Revenge

Number of the beast cover

So Fine

Oh god, I'm a little worried for Number of the Beast

i think thats a good thing, might be bumble's solo spot today and with Duff playing Steve Harris's parts it can be pretty cool

True, but I'm thinking of how well Axl will pull it off

I guess the pessimist in me is just expecting it to go wrong? I guess I'm in for a surprise then

They won't play a Maiden cover. Period. Axl's said numerous times that he only likes Paul Di'Anno era Maiden.

Plus a Maiden cover wouldn't make any fucking sense.

but bumble is a maiden fan and in his solo moment he could choose to cover the number of the beast maybe as he has done that for a small part before in the past during jams or something, i dont expect axl to sing it but Bumble

OK. Say Duff was able to use the GNR name, and went to South America with nobody from the old era but Dizzy Reed, how would that do?

Oh come on man :lol: You and I both know this is not a fair comparison. Whether it be Axl or any other frontman, the frontman will garnish more attention anywhere. It's the fact that a key original member is reuniting with Axl and his original band for numerous shows. This is the closest to a reunion we've ever gotten. True fans WANT this, including those in the crowd, thus Duff making a HUGE difference to the way the crowd reacts.

We'll wait and see how everyone feels after these Duff shows are complete. I'm sure the majority will lean toward the Duff shows being the best, and not the ones with Axl without him ;)

So, by your own admission, Axl is the biggest draw? How is that compatible with the idea that Duff is the exclusively exciting thing about this gig? For the ticket payers.

If Duff is a "key original member", who isn't? Of the 5 original members, I would have thought that Duff is much less key than Axl, Slash and Izzy. :shrugs:

Why should a "true fan" want a reunion? This is all irrelevant to the point at hand; which is that the current GNR will be supported in South American regardless of old members.

Didn't, I think it was Amir, say that he met some argies who were snapping up tickets solely because of Duff? That is all the evidence you need.

How many of those Argies make up the entire show demographic?

Edited by NGOG

NGOG you are over-reacting here :) nobody is saying crowds would be more happy to see Duff than Axl. Relax! what we are saying is, lots of people will be very exited to see Duff up there... end of! the crowd would go mental one way or the other this is just icing on the cake... now let's stop arguing about it before Axl eats said cake :D

the crowd would go mental one way or the other this is just icing on the cake... now let's stop arguing about it before Axl eats said cake :D

That's all I've said from the start!

I'm stoked for Duff.

What's the argument here? People will be excited to see Duff tonight even if they haven't cared a jot about him in the last fifteen years. People always react to something that's a bit different especially if it marks their show out as different from other shows.

Dude relax, wtf.

I did not question attendance at the shows. YOU...dude...commented on Axl bringing his A-game because people will be fired up because DUFF IS THERE.

I just wondered aloud...if...that place fucking erupts because Duff is there, as an original member, will Axl fully be stoked over that eruption seeing as he KNOWS deep inside that a reunion is what most everyone on the entire planet who ever liked this band honestly, truly wants.

But thanks for calling me ignorant for commenting on a point that YOU raised about reaction to Duff being there.

I'm fully relaxed, Zint. Do I give the impression that I'm smashing my keyboard with fury? :lol:

My point is that a South American stadium will erupt whether or not Duff is present. I did not say that Duff will make a huge difference in terms of the crowd being excited, I just said that he may have a a positive effect on Axl's performance. :shrugs:

Oh, and then you went way out in to left field and started throwing insults about ignorance, over an area of the gig that I didn't even comment on but you inferred that I did, attendance. You just seem in the mood to argue for the sake of arguing but I'll tell you this, Duff isn't there with Loaded, or Dizzy and whatever scenario you throw out there...he's there with Axl, the guy he stood beside and lit the rock world on fire with. Regardless of whatever scenarios you want to throw out there, I can assure you that around the world fans of GnR are sitting in front of computer screens observing the scenario around this gig about to happen and thinking "god, if only".

And if you think people who are lucky enough to be at that gig tonight will not be thinking the same thing, then I must lob the ignorance ball back in to your court.

If this was the original line up playing tonight NGOG, I assure you that if there was a bigger venue in town, they would have filled it, and probably several nights in a row if they wanted to.

And Axl knows it, so...I was just wondering what he would be thinking about when he sees the crowd tonight feeding off that energy that the presence of original member "Duff' brings...so spin it anyway you want, but I'm just going back to being a little bit excited to see Duff playing a full GnR show, and feeling a little bittersweet sad that it isn't an original line up gig, all because 20 years ago Axl wanted to go industrial or whatever the fuck it was.

• Like 4

Dude relax, wtf.

I did not question attendance at the shows. YOU...dude...commented on Axl bringing his A-game because people will be fired up because DUFF IS THERE.

I just wondered aloud...if...that place fucking erupts because Duff is there, as an original member, will Axl fully be stoked over that eruption seeing as he KNOWS deep inside that a reunion is what most everyone on the entire planet who ever liked this band honestly, truly wants.

But thanks for calling me ignorant for commenting on a point that YOU raised about reaction to Duff being there.

I'm fully relaxed, Zint. Do I give the impression that I'm smashing my keyboard with fury? :lol:

My point is that a South American stadium will erupt whether or not Duff is present. I did not say that Duff will make a huge difference in terms of the crowd being excited, I just said that he may have a a positive effect on Axl's performance. :shrugs:

Oh, and then you went way out in to left field and started throwing insults about ignorance, over an area of the gig that I didn't even comment on but you inferred that I did, attendance. You just seem in the mood to argue for the sake of arguing but I'll tell you this, Duff isn't there with Loaded, or Dizzy and whatever scenario you throw out there...he's there with Axl, the guy he stood beside and lit the rock world on fire with. Regardless of whatever scenarios you want to throw out there, I can assure you that around the world fans of GnR are sitting in front of computer screens observing the scenario around this gig about to happen and thinking "god, if only".

And if you think people who are lucky enough to be at that gig tonight will not be thinking the same thing, then I must lob the ignorance ball back in to your court.

If this was the original line up playing tonight NGOG, I assure you that if there was a bigger venue in town, they would have filled it, and probably several nights in a row if they wanted to.

And Axl knows it, so...I was just wondering what he would be thinking about when he sees the crowd tonight feeding off that energy that the presence of original member "Duff' brings...so spin it anyway you want, but I'm just going back to being a little bit excited to see Duff playing a full GnR show, and feeling a little bittersweet sad that it isn't an original line up gig, all because 20 years ago Axl wanted to go industrial or whatever the fuck it was.

Awesome!

There's no reason to utterly overhaul the setlist (I'd like some different Illusion tracks and more CD or new songs of course) because Duff's back, Axl might as well have a reunion if he's gonna change everything because the original bassist is back for a few shows. It'd be like a harsh tease to the fans who wonder why he's stuck in the same routine but still persists with different members.