April 9 - Asuncion, Paraguay

Powerage5

I'm an Axl fan too, boss. I meant it like I'd say "human beings." I'm part of the group, but when an Axl fan's defense of Axl is the media, that's kinda ironic. See what I'm saying?

I do see what you mean now. I was actually extremely rude in my last post, sorry. The same is valid for Nosaj Thing, I apologize.

I haven't been here long, but from what I gather so far both of you are among the most displeased with Axl's current vocal performances. That's your opinion, and you are ENTITLED to it.

What I mean to say, now in a proper polite way: some of yours post tend to dismiss opinions that consider his vocals "not shit" as mostly delusional and formulated by blind fans in denial trying to cling to something that is no longer there. There are people out there, inside and outside this forum that actually like Axl's current vocals, and they do not necessarily have double standards, or are delusional etc.

When I mentioned the media, I was merely exemplifying that there are people who enjoy this. I'm a journalist BTW, so I'm a member of the media. There isn't a single post made by me about the media persecuting Axl in this forum, so, when replying to me, the point about the irony or the double standards was unnecessary. That is all.

I hear ya. Sort of. :lol:

I mean, I get that there are some people out there who like the clean voice. I don't think it's nearly as many people as you think, and I think they're crazy (hyperbole) - but I get that they're out there, and I have no problem with them except I have no idea what they are hearing. But these reviews we talk about and people going to shows who supposedly like the voice? If you've been to one of these shows you know that you can't hear Axl's voice that well most of the time, so if you're inclined to like it and you enjoy the atmosphere and the music in general and you aren't a hardcore, listening closely for what he's hitting and what he's not, then you're not going to pick up on how he truly sounds and you'll say favorable things about the show. Plus, I think the media has decided to treat Axl like an old rocker peddling nostalgia, and they review him based on that standard. I think most would be pretty sober about how he sounds if they could actually hear him.

So, yeah, when I make snide remarks, they're aimed at the disingenuous fucktards who blow smoke up Axl's ass in the hopes of I have no idea what. They know who they are. :lol: And it's mostly in good fun anyway.

• Like 1

I actually found a video that includes rasp! Enjoy :)

I can't help but get bummed when I hear this video, the performance of this tune with Duff in 2010 was light years ahead of this!

First of all: the recording quality is good, i actually hear almost every insturment properly plus clearly hear Axl

The song starts off a little bit Mickey but all in all it's a decent performance (nowhere near as the 2010 but i don't think Axl pulls that deep rasp off again in his lifetime)

I wonder if Duff notices/wonders what happened between 2010 and 2014?

They met between 2010 and 2014.

Yeah but I mean general decline, from the classic show in London 2010, to so-so performances in Seattle and Vancouver 2011, to Axl being even weaker vocally in 2014. The biggest drop-off is between 2010 and 2011, though, 2011 to 2014 isn't so drastic.

I wonder if Duff notices/wonders what happened between 2010 and 2014?

They met between 2010 and 2014.

Yeah but I mean general decline, from the classic show in London 2010, to so-so performances in Seattle and Vancouver 2011, to Axl being even weaker vocally in 2014. The biggest drop-off is between 2010 and 2011, though, 2011 to 2014 isn't so drastic.

I actually really liked a lot of 2011-2012 and think some of NuGNR's best shows are from that era but I agree. 2010- 2011 was a huge change. RIP RASP

For those of you who are claiming that Axl is sounding wonderful these days I challenge you to take this test.... Listen to some of these same live performances in front of whoever you think might be somewhat familiar with GN'R from the past and see the looks on their faces after you tell them it's Axl Rose. Some of you are just trying to hard to hang on.

It's sort of like when you think you've got your house all neat, clean, & looking good but the minute an outsider comes in you realize just how bad it still is. Same concept.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'm still keeping up with it cause I just can't stop no matter how hard I've tried. Axl is intriguing to me and I'm like a Meth junkie when it comes to this circus, but his singing sucks monkey balls.

• Like 2

For those of you who are claiming that Axl is sounding wonderful these days I challenge you to take this test.... Listen to some of these same live performances in front of whoever you think might be somewhat familiar with GN'R from the past and see the looks on their faces after you tell them it's Axl Rose. Some of you are just trying to hard to hang on.

It's sort of like when you think you've got your house all neat, clean, & looking good but the minute an outsider comes in you realize just how bad it still is. Same concept.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'm still keeping up with it cause I just can't stop no matter how hard I've tried. Axl is intriguing to me and I'm like a Meth junkie when it comes to this circus, but his singing sucks monkey balls.

I actually tried this with a couple friends. A few of them only knowing WTTJ were baffled at how different his voice was.

One of my friends was intrigued enough to start looking up videos to see exactly when the voice change happened. It didn't take long for him to find the Axl Rose Disasters...

I actually found a video that includes rasp! Enjoy :)

See, it's not quite 2010 but I could definitely live with that. I'm not embarrassed by it, Sweet Child sounds pretty solid as well actually... It's when things get to Bridge School level that it gets worrying!

Impressive vocals from Axl!