May 28, Las Vegas, NV - No Trickery!

He lost quite a bit of weight, is sounding more and more like he should, gave a solid interview, is relying less and less on the hat.

Still, some people have nothing better than to bitch about him being "bloated" and having a double chin. FFS.

• Like 1

He lost quite a bit of weight, is sounding more and more like he should, gave a solid interview, is relying less and less on the hat.

Still, some people have nothing better than to bitch about him being "bloated" and having a double chin. FFS.

He seems to be in a good mood too!

He seems to be in a good mood too!

I find this running joke as funny as you, but come on, I'm being serious here :D I know you belong in the less easily excitable group of posters around here, but you gotta admit the improvement is notable.

He is also joking a lot on stage.

I guess Axl finds DJ's guitar playing hilarious!

At 4:16 he laughs at DJ then at 4:23 he says "daymnnn" haha idk I found it funny. Must have been a good joke between Axl and Tommy.

This video seals it for me. The whole band is literally taking the piss. They all know (except maybe DJ) that this solo is unbelievably shit, ans somehow find it hilarious. That's the only reason they allow it to played.

I actually do not think the solo itself is the problem: it's the damn tone. If anything, it is one of the few unique moments for DJ. If handled by a guitarist who knew their guitarist and gear (like Richard, Slash, or Robin) it would actually sound very good. It's just that damn tone. I know DJ has mentioned he's changed his rig to make it as simple as possible, but the first time I hear that "Patience" solo (back in South America) I literally thought for a second that it was Chris Pittman messing around on a synthesizer.

I actually do not think the solo itself is the problem: it's the damn tone. If anything, it is one of the few unique moments for DJ. If handled by a guitarist who knew their guitarist and gear (like Richard, Slash, or Robin) it would actually sound very good. It's just that damn tone. I know DJ has mentioned he's changed his rig to make it as simple as possible, but the first time I hear that "Patience" solo (back in South America) I literally thought for a second that it was Chris Pittman messing around on a synthesizer.

Perhaps like this?

Not in Ashba's wildest dreams.

• Like 2

Perhaps like this?

Not in Ashba's wildest dreams.

That one is better than the on DJ Ashba plays.