May 28, Las Vegas, NV - No Trickery!

I actually do not think the solo itself is the problem: it's the damn tone. If anything, it is one of the few unique moments for DJ. If handled by a guitarist who knew their guitarist and gear (like Richard, Slash, or Robin) it would actually sound very good. It's just that damn tone. I know DJ has mentioned he's changed his rig to make it as simple as possible, but the first time I hear that "Patience" solo (back in South America) I literally thought for a second that it was Chris Pittman messing around on a synthesizer.

Perhaps like this?

Not in Ashba's wildest dreams.

That one is better than the on DJ Ashba plays.

Slash's guitar has a softer tone to it than DJ's, seems to have more of a tune to it. I just realised there are drums played on stage but not on the record, in the film clip they made Steven didn't play drums & nobody was really talking to him. He wasn't very popular by then according to his book.

Great performances! The rasp is slowly getting stronger.

Both of those sound worlds better than any recent recordings we have heard.

IMO both these clips could easily pass as '10 performances on a not so great night…

Axl is getting finally getting on the right track, or is he…?

Edited by trqster

Great performances! The rasp is slowly getting stronger.

Both of those sound worlds better than any recent recordings we have heard.

What the F**k is that dumbass saying behind the camera "Thomas Fucking Meadow!!!!" and is the other one "Slash you are heir to me" whatever that means... such a dumbass, Imagine standing beside that guy for the full show :P

Edited by Tom2112

I don't think he'll ever get near the 06/10 consistency and sheer ballsy rasp and power aka Axl Rose at his best but he still is capable of the 2012 form which is great, it's that he is only repeating the same tour that was already done to perfection and is going backwards despite claiming new material is somewhat done and definitely planned.

Really, REALLY good.
Come on Axl! Amazing...
If we got consistency, it'd be amazing news. I think this was the big thing here. Now we need bumble not to leave and new music, issues we knew way before, but the biggest "emergency" was Axl voice.

Just watched a couple of videos and Axl is sounding better. Not something impressive yet but getting better.

That's the biggest Nosaj Thing compliment I've read on my tenure in this forum :D

Except when I navigated 2010 threads, but that doesn't count.

• Like 3

Yep, he's sounding better in some songs. No need for good mood or bloated jokes. Seems to be a good enough performance for Axl's standards. Happy for those that still enjoy live shows :)

Legitimately somewhat encouraging/positive post from maynard. What is this sorcery?
  • Like 2

If good things happen, I have no reason not to be positive about it. Say what you want but at least I'm in good mood and crack jokes all the time.

Couldn't resist, sorry.

I'll be going on the user pics section to find out how bloated you are.

Is DJ just doing his own thing or is he really messing up the songs?

I know Axl has said the band does their own thing and he doesn't tell them anything, but if DJ was messing up Axl's songs don't you think he would tell him?

I don't think Axl would allow a GNR show to be ruined by any of the members.

Maybe since Axl is taking a long time off, he will go through those other songs he's written or recorded and maybe be able to put together something for a new album release?

then again, Axl might just to to Bali and just relax for the rest of the year.