Resurgence in people wearing GNR T-shirts?

I live in NYC, and over the past year, I've seen a huge increase in the number of GNR t shirts. It's always either the AFD cross or the crossed pistols that slash designed.

Rich trendy model girls in Williamsburg, Russian and Polish guys in greenpoint, even urban chicks in Harlem-- I've seen so many GNR shirts. And these are young people, in their late teens to their early 30s.

Have any of you noticed this trend in other cities? I love it.

I always see GNR shirts everywhere here. I think most people wear them because they look cool, and not because they like the band, but you never know. :)

True.

The other day I saw a cute girl wearing the AFD cross t-shirt. Approached her and said "that's a cool t-shirt of my favorite band, what's your favorite song?". She was silent for a second and said "Sweet Child O' Mine...?" and I was like "Jesus Christ, man", nodded and left. :lol:

Off-topic: That's a cool signature, man!

• Like 2

I've noticed this the last couple of years. I think quite a number of high street shops have aquired the licence and run with it as part of an 80s throwback type thing. I've seen a few kids t shirts too, I guess the AFD cross is an iconic image in its own right.

It's band t-shirts in general. GNR seems to be one of the more popular ones along with The Ramones, Rolling Stones, Clash, etc. I live close to Portobello Road in London, loads of shops flogging them to tourists and hipsters.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/celebrity/99-per-cent-of-ramones-t-shirt-owners-not-upset-2014071488556

• Like 1

I wear Air Jordan T shirts and i never played basketball in my life :shrugs:

So you're stuck in the early 90s? :lol:

Yes I'm rather afraid I am, i just sit in my room with a yoyo and mullet with a fuckin' shell-suit on, wondering why no one uses the phrase 'pump it up' anymore except in bath-houses :lol:

• Like 2

Well they do give out T shirts to starving Africans, so you were bound to get one eventually. Glad to hear your still sporting yours proudly. :P

I can just see me, swollen belly, big alien looking head with a Jordan T shirt down to my knees givin' it 'Be Like Mike!' :lol:

• Like 2

Well they do give out T shirts to starving Africans, so you were bound to get one eventually. Glad to hear your still sporting yours proudly. :P

I can just see me, swollen belly, big alien looking head with a Jordan T shirt down to my knees givin' it 'Be Like Mike!' :lol:

LMFAO!!! Thats all I can say to that post man.

What bullet logo? :confused:

i0YSDAy.jpg

Y'know what, I'm about to make myself look like the fuckin' thickest cunt ever fuckin' born here but what the hell, i never noticed until this moment that that had anything to do with a bullet :lol: And i been listen to GnR since 1992. Actually, i still can't fathom how thats a bullet, what like the head of a bullet or the back of the bullet? :lol: I thought it was like a crest type thing :lol:

• Like 4

What bullet logo? :confused:

i0YSDAy.jpg

Y'know what, I'm about to make myself look like the fuckin' thickest cunt ever fuckin' born here but what the hell, i never noticed until this moment that that had anything to do with a bullet :lol: And i been listen to GnR since 1992. Actually, i still can't fathom how thats a bullet, what like the head of a bullet or the back of the bullet? :lol: I thought it was like a crest type thing :lol:

ahahaha alot of people I have heard didn't thin kit was either, yet it is so clear once you tell them!

yZJVNmL.jpg