Resurgence in people wearing GNR T-shirts?

You're not hardcore until you've worn this t-shirt in public:

mCdxJ6rdKcmhbJyrLNz20Zg.jpg

(FYI, I have :) )

I actually really like that shirt, it looks just the right kind of 'fuckin' horrible' to make it wear-worthy.

I use to wear it all the time when I was 13. Everyone thought it was a picture of intestines. My Mom hated it, tried to throw it out several times. Still have it somewhere. Funny thing is it's too big for me even now as I bought the XL version. Back in the day, we all wore oversized concert/band shirts for some reason.

You're not hardcore until you've worn this t-shirt in public:

mCdxJ6rdKcmhbJyrLNz20Zg.jpg

(FYI, I have :) )

I actually really like that shirt, it looks just the right kind of 'fuckin' horrible' to make it wear-worthy.

I use to wear it all the time when I was 13. Everyone thought it was a picture of intestines. My Mom hated it, tried to throw it out several times. Still have it somewhere. Funny thing is it's too big for me even now as I bought the XL version. Back in the day, we all wore oversized concert/band shirts for some reason.

Yeah, same here, fuck knows why :lol: (the oversized thing i mean). GnR T shirts generally look quite shit but there's a few ones i liked, that Spag one i liked, this other one where it's the UYI front cover but like...it's not just the cover stuck on a t shirt it's like...how can i explain this, it's like a white t shirt with a big all encompassing print of both the album covers, looked alright...that and the Lies front cover on a t shirt, the newspaper thing. This Cyril ones pretty good but it was better back in the day. Never thought much of the Whiskey one.

Concerning the bullet logo, if you have seen the Welcome to the Videos or Tokyo dvd's (official releases), the logo gets loaded in the gun during the menu. Kinda puts the debate to rest if you ask me. :)

Oh yeah, so it does! Somebody slap me :lol: (there wasn't an actual debate, i was just being annoying, as is my tendency :D)

Edited by Lennie Godber

Concerning the bullet logo, if you have seen the Welcome to the Videos or Tokyo dvd's (official releases), the logo gets loaded in the gun during the menu. Kinda puts the debate to rest if you ask me. :)

was gonna say this too. Guess there are many who don't know this lol.

There was an evolution to that logo. In the club days it was merely the pistols and roses as designed by Slash himself. It appears on the old flyers and Live Like A Suicide front cover. Then they added the bullet for Appetite. The some genius added the blood splat for Illusion.

Well, Gunsguy, fuck you, I had not noticed that before. It is a bullet after all! I'm just glad I'm not the only one who didn't see it until this thread.

I honestly didn't know/realize it was a bullet in this year. I was like "What the hell?!" :lol:

I had two tour shirts from the last couple years, and an Appetite "cross" shirt I wear to the gym, but I only wear the Appetite shirt. I bought this one recently which is simple, but I love it:

$T2eC16F,!yEE9s5jD(PLBSIgdjf)Bg~~60_57.J

There was an evolution to that logo. In the club days it was merely the pistols and roses as designed by Slash himself. It appears on the old flyers and Live Like A Suicide front cover. Then they added the bullet for Appetite. The some genius added the blood splat for Illusion.

The blood splat is gayer than an army of Julian Clary clones.

I live in NYC, and over the past year, I've seen a huge increase in the number of GNR t shirts. It's always either the AFD cross or the crossed pistols that slash designed.

Rich trendy model girls in Williamsburg, Russian and Polish guys in greenpoint, even urban chicks in Harlem-- I've seen so many GNR shirts. And these are young people, in their late teens to their early 30s.

Have any of you noticed this trend in other cities? I love it.

yeah i saw that too. Here in Colorado i see the AFD logo worn by high school students.

I haven't noticed this... I find GnR to be getting less and less popular as time goes by... mainly because people remember the incidents over the good stuff. People still talk about about dublin 2010, even though he played in 2012 and nothing went wrong. GnR are still one of the most hated bands in the world, right up there with U2. The believe the rise in gnr T-shirts are just for fashion purposes.

I've seen hipsters wearing the classic logo with jean shorts and a key chain in a vintage coffee shop. i was think of going in there and beating his ass and taking the shirt home. but I'm a coward so i just went to carls jr for a milkshake.

• Like 1

I have the Appetite cross (which I am wearing now as it happens) and bullet logo and am equally embarrassed about owning both!! I also have numerous semi-grey, semi-holey, gnr garments, stashed away in semi-retirement. I am particularly fond of the Pretty Tied Up design which is this sort of, lady, with her tits out. I do not wear any of those clothes, outside the house.