Your concerts in 2015

GivenToFly

Turns out I'll be going to see Prince on Thursday.

Fuck.

Yes.

Oh wow, 41 songs!

How was it, Russ? How did the show get announced and tickets, etc?

It was announced on Saturday 04/04 and the tickets went on sale at noon on Monday 04/06. I already planned to be downtown for Opening Day so I wasn't planning on being able to get tickets in the first place. My wife said she'd try the Ticketmaster app just for the hell of it at noon and sure as shit, she got a pair for great tickets. We were first row in the balcony, so we saved $100 per ticket, but got a better view than if we were on the floor!

It was paperless in order to fuck the scalpers, which I'm totally down with. The whole entry system went down a few minutes after they started letting people in so we were in line for about 30 minutes longer because of that, but I didn't care. We made friends with people in line and talked Prince while we waited.

Once we got inside, the band (3RDEYEGIRL) came out to say that Prince was aware of the delay and he'd be backing the whole night up about 45 minutes so everyone could get in and get settled, which I thought was cool. The opener (Judith Hill) was ok, but nothing I'd pay to see on her own. Then Prince came out and absolutely destroyed the place for right around 3 hours. This was my 4th time seeing him and it was definitely the best.

• Like 1

Fuck.

Yes.

Oh wow, 41 songs!

It was announced on Saturday 04/04 and the tickets went on sale at noon on Monday 04/06. I already planned to be downtown for Opening Day so I wasn't planning on being able to get tickets in the first place. My wife said she'd try the Ticketmaster app just for the hell of it at noon and sure as shit, she got a pair for great tickets. We were first row in the balcony, so we saved $100 per ticket, but got a better view than if we were on the floor!

It was paperless in order to fuck the scalpers, which I'm totally down with. The whole entry system went down a few minutes after they started letting people in so we were in line for about 30 minutes longer because of that, but I didn't care. We made friends with people in line and talked Prince while we waited.

Once we got inside, the band (3RDEYEGIRL) came out to say that Prince was aware of the delay and he'd be backing the whole night up about 45 minutes so everyone could get in and get settled, which I thought was cool. The opener (Judith Hill) was ok, but nothing I'd pay to see on her own. Then Prince came out and absolutely destroyed the place for right around 3 hours. This was my 4th time seeing him and it was definitely the best.

Awesome! I heard on 101.1 that tickets were $600 a pop. Is that true?

And did you get Stones tickets?

I saw Black Star Riders, Europe and The Amorettes last month which was cool.

I'll be seeing Foo Fighters next month for the first time.

I'll be seeing Uncle Acid & The Deadbeats again in November and Black Star Riders again in December with Def Leppard and Whitesnake.

I think I'm happiest when at a gig.

Fuck.

Yes.

Oh wow, 41 songs!

Lol! Not even close. Tickets were $97-$250

I didn't get Stones tickets, but I'm thinking about it.

Fuck.

Yes.

Oh wow, 41 songs!

You should go. I'm sure they'll do some more $29 drops, and it would be worth it to hang out with me and Zoso :awesomeface:

Fuck.

Yes.

Oh wow, 41 songs!

You should go. I'm sure they'll do some more $29 drops, and it would be worth it to hang out with me and Zoso :awesomeface:

Even if I don't get tickets, I'll still come down to hang with you guys at some point. You guys are doing AC/DC in Detroit as well, right?

Fuck.

Yes.

Oh wow, 41 songs!

Even if I don't get tickets, I'll still come down to hang with you guys at some point. You guys are doing AC/DC in Detroit as well, right?

Yup! Don't have a ticket, yet, but I'll definitely do it.

Idk if I'll be able to hang out for the Stones since I'm going with my dad and he can be a bit of an introvert. I'll be able to meet up at the venue, though! As of now, I can hang out for AC/DC though

admat.jpg

Dude, that'll be an awesome show. I'm not the biggest Green Day fan but they put on a GREAT show. That venue is awesome, too. Its tiny! I've seen Duff and Joe Satriani there

Edited by ZoSoRose

Ticketmaster/U2 just did a ticket drop for the 2nd night in Vancouver. They released about 100 seats that were previously going for upwards of $1000 or more on resale sites like StubHub. I just scored tickets for face value. So pumped up because they are basically the exact seats I've been looking to get. So now my spring looks like this:

U2 - Vancouver, May 14th (opening night of the tour)

U2 - Vancouver, May 15th

U2 - Montreal, June 12th

U2 - Montreal, June 13th

Said fuck it and bought tickets to see Rush at the end of May.

Might spend the day with my mom and see Jimmy Buffet or The Who at Jazzfest the weekend with her.

Catching Slayer this weekend and Slipknot/Hatebreed next week.

Judas Priest just announced a show this summer about an hour away from me. I've never seen them before, but Tickets are nearly $85 and I'll probably spend another $20 in gas to get there. Anyone think it's worth it?

Jack White is doing an impromptu acoustic tour where tickets are only $3, so I've been trying to keep my eyes peeled if he announces a show near me.

Won't happen - the states he's never played (like ever, not just the Lazaretto tour) apparently were Alaska, Idaho, Wyoming, and both North and South Dakota. I thought we'd get a New England date or two but not in the cards.

If you ever have the chance to see Circa Survive...fucking go. Tonight was one of the most passionate, energetic shows I've ever seen, and the crowd really feels like one huge family. I'm not sure Slash is going to hold up very well to that on Tuesday, haha.

If you ever have the chance to see Circa Survive...fucking go. Tonight was one of the most passionate, energetic shows I've ever seen, and the crowd really feels like one huge family. I'm not sure Slash is going to hold up very well to that on Tuesday, haha.

I saw them at Uproar a few years ago and they didn't do anything for me. Glad you enjoyed, though!

I saw them at Uproar a few years ago and they didn't do anything for me. Glad you enjoyed, though!

Yeah, a few years back their singer was in the middle of dealing with a really bad heroin addiction, but he's clean now and he was on fire last night.

So far I only have tickets for:

06/05/15 - Rob Zombie

06/06/15 - Rob Zombie

07/06/15 - Imagine Dragons

08/04/15 - Culture Club

08/26/15 - AC/DC

A ton of other shows I want to go to, though.

Adding 06/20/15 - The Rolling Stones to my list :)

05/15/15 - Faith No More

05/10/15 - Prince ^_^