Your concerts in 2015

GivenToFly

I've been having hearing problems so I'm a bit scared to go to concerts. And I've already got tickets for The Who on 23 March and The Answer on 26 March. I'm not sure if I should go though, I could get some serious damage...

Do you wear earplugs to shows already? If you don't, invest in a decent pair, your hearing will thank you and the shows will sound better on top of it.

This. They even have ones specifically designed for concerts so that it doesn't sound muffled.

I might give those a try.

I'm going to see Extreme this Saturday then Garth Brooks twice in February. Other than that, the only other show I have tickets for so far is Foo Fighters in August.

I'd like to see The Lone Bellow, GN'R, fun., Mayer Hawthorne and many others if they come near me throughout the year.

I'm going to see Extreme this Saturday then Garth Brooks twice in February. Other than that, the only other show I have tickets for so far is Foo Fighters in August.

I'd like to see The Lone Bellow, GN'R, fun., Mayer Hawthorne and many others if they come near me throughout the year.

I hope Mayer tours this year. He's been doing too much shit with his side projects lately.

I've been having hearing problems so I'm a bit scared to go to concerts. And I've already got tickets for The Who on 23 March and The Answer on 26 March. I'm not sure if I should go though, I could get some serious damage...

Do you wear earplugs to shows already? If you don't, invest in a decent pair, your hearing will thank you and the shows will sound better on top of it.

This. They even have ones specifically designed for concerts so that it doesn't sound muffled.

I might give those a try.

It's definitely worth it. I learned the hard way after standing next to an amp all night and not being able to hear right out of that ear for days, your hearing is precious.

I saw Queen + Adam Lambert last night. Holy shit what a show! I went in not knowing what to expect, but they really knocked it out of the park. Completely over the top in a good way. Adam does a great job making it feel like Queen without just copying Freddie. Really great stuff!

I saw Queen + Adam Lambert last night. Holy shit what a show! I went in not knowing what to expect, but they really knocked it out of the park. Completely over the top in a good way. Adam does a great job making it feel like Queen without just copying Freddie. Really great stuff!

I liked the London show I went to but was a bit sad they didn't play The Show Must Go On because Lambert blew me away when he sang that at the EMAs back in 2011. What was Brian May's "local song" for you guys?

Updated:

June 10th - Rush (First Niagara Center - Buffalo)

July 6th - U2 (Air Canada Centre - Toronto)

July 8th - Foo Fighters (Molson Amphitheatre - Toronto)

August 22nd - Motley Crüe/Alice Cooper (Air Canada Center - Toronto)

October 19th - The Who (Air Canada Centre - Toronto)

I liked the London show I went to but was a bit sad they didn't play The Show Must Go On because Lambert blew me away when he sang that at the EMAs back in 2011. What was Brian May's "local song" for you guys?

Wow, they didn't do The Show Must Go On in London? Did they drop it for the European leg or something? It was played every night in North America...

But yeah - they really do put on a phenomenal show, I hope they do another tour sometime.

Wow, they didn't do The Show Must Go On in London? Did they drop it for the European leg or something? It was played every night in North America...

But yeah - they really do put on a phenomenal show, I hope they do another tour sometime.

My guess is they thought they'd done one downbeat song too many? Did they do Who Wants to Live Forever in NA?

My guess is they thought they'd done one downbeat song too many? Did they do Who Wants to Live Forever in NA?

They sure did. Weird!

They sure did. Weird!

Was discussing thsi with Powerage on FB, had a look at setlist.fm and it seems Save Me has replaced The Show Must Go On, can't say I'm happy with that choice :/ Still, show was worth seeing, though surprisingly expensive: £80 for standing tickets vs £60 for Maiden and GNR at the same venue (NIN was £45). They managed to sell out both nights regardless. They're also doing a 3rd show at Wembley Arena in a week or two, dunno if that's sold out or not.

They sure did. Weird!

Was discussing thsi with Powerage on FB, had a look at setlist.fm and it seems Save Me has replaced The Show Must Go On, can't say I'm happy with that choice :/ Still, show was worth seeing, though surprisingly expensive: £80 for standing tickets vs £60 for Maiden and GNR at the same venue (NIN was £45). They managed to sell out both nights regardless. They're also doing a 3rd show at Wembley Arena in a week or two, dunno if that's sold out or not.

£80 isn't that bad - most of the US shows were around $200 for floor seats (No GA at the US gigs).

Also, totally could've done without Who Wants To Live Forever.

They sure did. Weird!

£80 isn't that bad - most of the US shows were around $200 for floor seats (No GA at the US gigs).

Also, totally could've done without Who Wants To Live Forever.

Our setlist was:

One Vision
Another One Bites the Dust
Fat Bottomed Girls
In the Lap of the Gods... Revisited
Seven Seas of Rhye
Killer Queen
I Want to Break Free
Somebody to Love
Love of My Life (Brian)
'39 (Brian)
A Kind of Magic (Roger)
Bass Solo
Drum Battle
Under Pressure (Adam & Roger)
Save Me
Who Wants to Live Forever
Last Horizon
Guitar Solo
Tie Your Mother Down
I Want It All
Radio Ga Ga
Crazy Little Thing Called Love
Bohemian Rhapsody
Encore:
We Will Rock You
We Are the Champions
God Save the Queen
And the tickets (floor) were 75 euro's.
Some pics I took:
10914780_784971018236686_615933845476745
1559317_784971044903350_6824908552900257
10636513_784971051570016_134585511602856
10922586_784971031570018_706202591022215
10960060_784971021570019_793186966860296
10865885_784971024903352_689029831807272
1402961_784971094903345_3752533424561562
10959498_784971114903343_702066780329398
10608466_784971161570005_172445362185643
  • Like 2

Should I go see New Kids On The Block, TLC and Nelly?

I'm going to the Detroit show. I want to see T/C and Nelly but I'm going to bounce after that. There was a Groupon and a friend wanted to go, so I figured why not.

On another note, I've been wanting to see Olivia Jean really bad. She's coming back to Detroit in March, but she's opening for an artist that I can't stand. If tickets are cheap enough I'll probably just go see her and leave.