Your concerts in 2015

GivenToFly

June 10th - Rush (First Niagara Center - Buffalo)

July 6th - U2 (Air Canada Centre - Toronto)

July 8th - Foo Fighters (Molson Amphitheatre - Toronto)

August 22nd - Motley Crüe/Alice Cooper (Air Canada Center - Toronto)

September 3rd - AC/DC (TD Place Stadium - Ottawa)

October 19th - The Who (Air Canada Centre - Toronto)

Very happy to officially slot the AC/DC show in there.

5/8 - Rush (Tulsa)

5/15-5/17 - Rock On The Range (Columbus)

6/10 - Rush (Buffalo)

6/17 - Rush (Toronto)

6/21 - Rush (Montreal)

6/25 - Rush (Philadelphia)

6/29 - Rush (New York)

8/22 - AC/DC (Foxborough)

8/31 - AC/DC (Montreal)

9/8 - AC/DC (Detroit)

Now I just need to know my Maiden dates and my summer is pretty much done.

• 2 weeks later...

Soundwave Festival in Sydney was fantastic. I saw-

Steel Panther- fun show, I would see them again no problems.

Incubus-(a lot heavier than I was expecting) and was a pretty good show but I'm not familiar with most of their stuff.

Soundgarden- Great set and still on top of their game.

Faith No More- Pretty good, but Mike Patton seemed bored/ pissed off/ tired or something. Sat down alot, and just looked cranky. (Never seen them live before, so maybe this is normal.)

All Time Low- Never heard of these guys before, and they got washed out after 3 or so songs. Rain fucked their equipment so they couldn't continue, but the singer cane out and did a couple of songs scapegoats apologized to the fans. What I heard was was good and I'll be checking out their stuff.

Papa Roach- These guys were awesome. Not heard a lot of their music, but the show was off the chain and I enjoyed every minute of it. Real crowd pleasures. Would go see them again in a heartbeat.

Marylin Manson- if I wasn't already at the barrier waiting for Slash to come on, I probably would have gone seen someone else. Cutting himself with bottles, going offstage after almost every song. Just plain sucked.

Slash- Awesome. From start to finish.

Slipknot- Great show. Amazing watching all the stuff happening on stage. Not a bug fan, but still enjoyed it. Only saw half the show because I went to check out...

Smashing Pumpkins- I wish I had've stayed at Slipknot. Look, to be fair, they were ok, but they were just lacking any intensity after the last show I'd seen. Going through the motions.

It was the last night for these guys after a big tour, so some put in in more than others, but it was a great weekend and can't wait for next year.

I'm torn.

Right now I have tickets for AC/DC, which makes me very happy.

However, they've also announced:

- Flogging Molly (small club show, 300 people @ 35 euro's)

- Mumford And Sons (large outdoor show, 50.000 people @ 55 euro's)

I'm strongly considering them both, but money is tight. Not sure what to do yet.

I'm torn.

I'm strongly considering them both, but money is tight. Not sure what to do yet.

I'm still holding off on Flogging Molly. They have a few UK dates at this time but they're in a bit random places. Maybe they'll add more dates and one of them will be more convenient.

Although I'm tempted to get a ticket for Amsterdam. I've always wanted to see the city and/or the country and I could make a trip out of it.

I'm torn.

I'm still holding off on Flogging Molly. They have a few UK dates at this time but they're in a bit random places. Maybe they'll add more dates and one of them will be more convenient.

Although I'm tempted to get a ticket for Amsterdam. I've always wanted to see the city and/or the country and I could make a trip out of it.

Well, if it helps, this is the venue they're playing in Amsterdam:

Melkweg-Amsterdam-JK-c-03-560x420.jpg

I've seen them there before. Great stuff!

My kids are seeing the Slipknot/Lamb of God/Bullet for my valentine show in September.

I like Slipknot and Bullet, but it'll be outdoors in September in Dallas. I've seen too many shows at this venue in the summer months and it's horrible. Last one I saw was Motley Crue and I swear is must have sweat half my body water weight just standing there. My hair was stuck to my head and my clothes were soaked with water. It was nuts.

Luckily, the Whitesnake show in indoors. Have to have high a/c in the summer months in Dallas.

I'm sure I'll do the Detroit AC/DC show

Anyone going want to get a beer or something?

Bring beer to the GA queue - I'll be there like 6 hours before doors.

I won't be at the show, but I live about 20 mins from Ford Field. I'd be happy to run some beers over to you guys at some point.

• Like 2

I have two shows confirmed so far:

Mastodon/Clutch - May 21st - London

Rush - June 14th - Detroit

Also thinking about these:

Shania Twain - June 19th (or 20th) - London

Soundgarden - July 11th - Kitchener

Scorpions/Queensrÿche - September 25th - Windsor

I also wanted to figure something out for AC/DC but I don't know if that's going to happen.

got amazing Whitesnake tickets for June 22. No pit for this show so I got section 102 row P. these are great seats.

Last time I sat here was for Judas Priest and whitesnake was supposed to open for them, but David messed up his voice. This time they are headling.

This is one band from the 80's I've always wanted to see. This is going to be an awesome show.

Damn....

07-06 Paul McCartney @ Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam

04-07 Mumford And Sons @ Goffertpark, Nijmegen

28-07 Flogging Molly @ Melkweg, Amsterdam

24-09 Crosby Stills & Nash @ Concertgebouw, Amsterdam

??-?? Davied Gilmour @ ???

Haven't bought tickets for any of these yet. But I need to make some big choices here... :(

just got tickets for Slayer in a club that literally can hold 500 people.. might have just written a death wish

anyway, this weekend I'm catching Journey and the Steve Miller Band.

anyone seen Journey recently? last time i saw them was in 09 (i think) when they played with Night Ranger

ANYBODYS HERE GOING TO DOWNLOAD FESTIVAL? I AM GOING THATS ABOUT IT REALLY THAT AND WHENEVER THE DARKNESS ANOUNCE THERE NEW TOUR

OH AND MAYBE GET A TOWERS OF LONDON GIG IF IM LUCKY

I'm thinking about getting a day ticket for the Sunday for Slash and KISS. Depends if I can get there and back from London easily enough or if Slash and KISS announce London dates closer to the date.

• Like 1

just got tickets for Slayer in a club that literally can hold 500 people.. might have just written a death wish

anyway, this weekend I'm catching Journey and the Steve Miller Band.

anyone seen Journey recently? last time i saw them was in 09 (i think) when they played with Night Ranger

I saw Journey over the Summer. They were pretty good. Make sure you catch Tower Of Power - they're one of my favorite bands and they're the other opener.

• Like 1

Went to Hardcore Superstar at The Whisky A Go-Go. One of the best live shows I've seen.

I don't care what anybody says, IMO they are currently the best hard rock band out there right now. And their lead singer sounds amazing live.

If you are a fan of old GnR, van halen, ac/dc and Aerosmith you should check out their catalog. Every album sounds different from the prior one , it's pretty amazing if you are a fan. They've have punk inspired songs, metal influenced, and now mainly go the hard rock route. And their singer has that raspy rock sound that we all love.

My second favorite band after GnR.

Saw Ryan Adams in Hammersmith last week, phenomenal show although there were the token obligatory douchebags in the audience! Saw him last September in Shepherd's Bush and he and his new band were much tighter this time around. If anyone's into him I recommend checking him out if he's coming anywhere near you.

Caved and got a ticket this morning for Paul McCartney at The O2 in May. Tickets were crazily expensive and could only afford one of the £65 ones (more like £80 after fees!). Way up at the top at the back of The O2 but I saw NIN from there in 2009 and it was still one of the best shows I've seen so pretty pumped about it in spite of being way back. There were some £50 ones but they were gone when I checked the site, but if the £65 ones were right at the back god knows where the £50 ones were! Huge, huge Beatles fan and want to see Macca at least once. The setlists look phenomenal for his current tour - filled with Beatles and Wings hits.

Interestingly, I'm a crazily big Floyd fan but in spite of the prices being pretty much the same as McCartney's didn't opt for Gilmour tickets instead. I think the fact that that for £70 you got restricted view or standing (don't get why anybody would pay that to stand way up top!) put me off. Plus, I'm not a big fan of Gilmour's solo stuff and would only be interested in the Floyd stuff so didn't think it would be worth it. If I had more money at the moment I would have gone for a decent seat though as I'm sure it would be a phenomenal show. I've seen Waters four times now (once was with Nick Mason), so I feel like I've got my Floyd fix.

Edited by BassistSeb

just got home from Journey, and Powerage you were right…. that dude from Tower Of Power can sing his ass off!

Steve Miller and his band were amazing as always. for being 71, that man can still shred! could barely hear his other guitarist though…

sound problems plauged Journey off and on…. during there first song "be good to yourself" i think Arnel had a hard time hearing himself and was kind of slurring his words.. after a few back-to-back songs, he came out with a wired (instead of wireless) mic...

Speaking of Arnel, i didn't know that dude is 47?! Back when he was all the rage in late 2008/early 2009 people were talking about him like he was 19.. (i don't really follow Journey that closely, so thats the impression i got when people said "young")

That dude can really sing his ass off, and i recommend that even a casual Journey fan go out and see this incarnation of the band if you haven't bought into it or haven't seen it yet!