Your concerts in 2015

GivenToFly

Robert Plant tonight!

I wanted to see him :/

Hope he does more dates next year.

I always recommend him, he's the best!

The well is officially dry and I'm broke, so I'm most likely skipping Slash and Marty Friedman. It sucks, but I've seen so many great shows this year so I'm not upset!

Bought a wiiicked last minute ticket to Music Midtown here in ATL. My main draw was Alice In Chains tonight and they kicked ass. Great to see them again after 5 years. Watched about an hour of Elton John from the back and that was a lot of fun. Drake was terrible.

edit: more on Alice now that I'm in a better state of mind - 1. Highlights were We Die Young, No Excuses, and Angry Chair for me. 2. If you're up front at an Alice In Chains show and get mad at people jumping around, take a long, hard look at yourself, and then fuck you. 3. The sound wasn't great but it wasn't bad enough to be an actual issue, so there's really no point in me typing that out I guess

Edited by Mansin Humanity

• 2 weeks later...

My most recent gigs were Calvin Harris, Tame Impala and The View.

Calvin Harris was at a park in Glasgow and it was fucking unreal. I do like a bit of dance music like, and it was one of the best crowds, possibly the best crowd ive ever been in. Everybody's jumping from start to finish, front to back, the tunes are ace, the fireworks, smoke n confetti n that, just made it all good.

Tame Impala were amazing. That was at the Barrowlands in Glasgow, I was standing at the front right, like 2 rows back, perfect view, good crowd, loved it. Kevin Parker said we were the best crowd all tour, n normally im skeptical when bands say that but he genuinly looked surprised n was like "wow!, i feel like im giving you... Life or something".

The View played a small gig at The Lemon Tree in Aberdeen. I was pretty underwhelmed. The crowd was mental, but im not actually much of a fan, n i knew barely any songs, so struggled to get into it.

No more gigs booked :(

So during the summer I've seen Slash (Gröna Lund, Stockholm, Sweden 05/31), Alice Cooper (Gröna Lund, Stockholm, Sweden 07/03) and Europe (Gröna Lund, Stockholm, Sweden 09/25)

It was the first time I ever saw Slash for real and the show was great even though the setlist was short and very standard!

Alice was great too, he can still sing and the band where really tight! They played an epic rocker version of He's Back (The Man Behind The Mask) which ruled :headbang:

Europe where epic! WHAT A FUCKING LIVE BAND! Well there stage presence may not be the best but gosh they play the shit out of both old and new songs! Joey Tempest sings even better now then during there haydays!

Tricot's show on Monday was fucking amazing. The venue is the smallest place I've ever seen a show in, tiny enough that I was literally leaning on the stage at times. The band themselves were totally on point too...tons of energy, technical ability, and even crowd surfing, you could tell they were just having a great time of it. Really hope it doesn't take them another three years to come to America again!

Well. Just got done with one of the best runs of shows I've ever had. Over the past two weeks or so (less than that actually), I've seen:

Battles - Seeing these guys live brings a whole new appreciation to their music and how they construct it. If you're at all a fan, definitely go see them. If you're not a fan, check them out. Some of the most interesting uses of repetition, looping pedals, and electronics in a rock group that you'll hear. Highlights were Atlas and The Yabba.

Blitzen Trapper - Fun show, more of a "hey let's all just drink some beer and listen to some good music" vibe than Battles the night before. Gotta pick up their new record and probably should've done it that night, but oh well. Highlights were Black River Killer and Heart Attack.

The White Buffalo - First time seeing him with a full band which made his usual great show even better. If you've never heard of him, take the tv show Sons of Anarchy and make it into music. Good shit. Also need to pick up his new album. Highlights were The Bar and The Beer, Wish It Was True, and How The West Was Won.

Kendrick Lamar - Wow. This was probably the best show I've seen all year. He played all but one song from To Pimp A Butterfly and had a full band with him that really brought the songs to life. Incredibly high energy the whole way through and the encore of Alright was one of the best closing songs I've ever seen. Highlights were Wesley's Theory, m.A.A.d. City, Hood Politics, and Alright.

Y'all are missing out not living in ATL.

I saw Manson earlier this year which is the only one that I've been to in 2015.

His vocals were shoddy but I couldn't tell because the band including his smoking hot guitar player sounded awesome.

My kids saw Manson in the Dallas Freaker's Ball on Friday night.

They said he was awesome and he also performed the song he wrote for the tv show Salem. My daughter recorded it and he sounded awesome. I love that title track and I'm sorry I missed him perform it live. He brought out the stilts again for Sweet Dreams.