Your concerts in 2015

GivenToFly

Throwdown 2015?!? :awesomeface: They usually announce the dates at the Summer Boston show, so we should have an idea when it will be this weekend :)

Assuming I'm in the Northeast for Christmas and all that, it's quite possible.

The Death Grips show I saw last week was the single most intense show I've ever been to. Sweat absolute buckets and actually had to check out from the front row after about 5 songs because I was actually afraid of being crushed/passing out. Hell of a time though, and hell of a show.

Seriously! The Boston show was nuts. I lasted about the first third of the show in the very front of the crowd and then needed a break before I stayed towards the back of the pit and jumped in when I felt like it. What a show.

I went to the Philly show, and Philly is usually nuts to begin with haha. Well worth the wait to finally see these dudes.

• Like 1

Bought tickets for Slash in Hamilton on September 21st. I also listed my Motley Crüe tickets on StubHub because I've just got way too much else going on around that time with a potential new career starting and the expenses I'll need to cover for AC/DC in Ottawa, so I won't be too pissed if the one show I have to miss is Motley.

The Bosstones show at TT The Bear's last night was fucking amazing - honestly one of the top 5 gigs I've ever seen from anyone. The stage was knee high with no barrier, so the band was literally in the crowd all night. They've got 9 guys in the band and when their original guitarist guested with them that made 10 - they couldn't even move. The setlist wasn't the most exciting but idgaf - still an incredible night!

saw Seether/3 Doors Down and Manson/Pumpkins this past weekend (whoever booked both of these tours needs too be fired…)

Seether/3DD was an absolute shit show. The opening band, Aranda was pretty good. check them out if you like Deftonesish type metal. in between Aranda and Seether, the sky literally turned black. Seether eventually came out and 4 songs in, they pulled the plug, advising everyone to evacuate the venue due to a thunderstorm that was heading our way. Of course everyone was like fuck that, but eventually the un ending thunder and lighting, and the fact that it hadn't started raining yet changed everyones mind. we all hauled ass into one of the nearby parking garages… an hour and a half later, they let us back into the venue as we waited another 30 minutes for Seether to come back on. When they eventually did come back , they only played 2 additional songs… of the 12 song set Seether plays on this tour, they played 6 songs. 3DD was pretty boring in my opinion. they did play there whole set though, even going 30 minutes over the sound ordinance. all in all it ended up being a 5 hour ordeal that really wasn't even worth it. Seether and even Aranda were way heavier then 3DD...

Manson/Pumpkins was a whole different ordeal. Walking in you could tell who was there to see Manson and vice versa. What no one expected was the opening act. Some rapper named Cage? Who ever he is, and whatever genre he is, he's fucking terrible. Coming out, he looked like Manson, which everyone in my vicinity (the cheap seats…) thought he was. The guy played over a backing track and had just one guitar player who clearly looked like he was faking it. He gave off this whole "bad boy i don't give one shit about anything" vibe, even to the point where he was encouraging people to chant "fuck cage"… way to make fans on your first big tour. At one point he told the crowd he was about to play his last song, and everyone started cheering, to which he responded "fuck you motherfuckers". As he walked off stage, everyone booed as he responded with "I'm surprised you fuckers haven't fallen off into the ocean yet" (i live in New Orleans). im sure Manson booked him because he reminds him of his past self, but the whole "fuck you guys for being here and having to sit through me" thing was really stale and over played. and i wouldn't be surprised if one day he gets famous and talks about how everyone hated him on his first tour… anyway

to the dismay (most were hoping he would headline) of many metal heads (about 75 percent of the audience) Manson was next. I have to give it to him, his stage show is amazing and he was spot on all night. Inbetween songs he spoke a lot about the Smells Like Children/Anti-Christ Superstar days when he was almost a permanent resident of the NOLA area, even berating the cops in the front asking them if they were on his side tonight. i assume they said yes, or didn't even acknowledge because manson replied with "of course you are.. every cop in the city can be bought for a price" i think at one point he even dumped a bunch of powder ("cocain") next to them, or maybe even on top of them. it was hard to tell because there are no screens showing the concert on the side of the venue. i think everyone should go see Manson at least once in there lifetime. i brought my girlfriend along with me and she's into indie and EDM and she enjoyed it. He's playing my area again on Halloween night, but I've already got tickets to Voodoo to see Ozzy, Geezer, Slash and Tom Morello.

a big chunk of the crowd left before the pumpkins even came on, but it only took like 20 minutes before they actually did come on. the pumpkins were the pumpkins. slow 90s alternative for an hour and a half. everyone around me was either dead asleep or making out. Corgan went on a rant for awhile. He seemed in a pissed off mood (then again when is he not) saying "i know I'm known for having a bad attitude, and thats a shame…. because i have a FUCKING bad attitude" also telling the crowd to just hold on because the Beatles are coming up next. then rewinded and said that Katy Perry is playing next and that he was sorry he isn't apart of this modern generation. he also said he never imagined the day when he would be the background of some ones selfie picture "like I'm the Effile Tower or some shit". No Encore. No Today. No anything. they played United States and Billy dropped his guitar and walked off. he just seemed super pissed off at the crowd. but once again, Manson was way heavier then the pumpkins…

other then that, i have Mayhem Fest coming up next week and I'm holding off on getting Faith No More tickets. should i go for it? also 311.. I've missed them the past couple times they have come through on 311 day, anyone see them lately? are they worth it?

Edited by KeyserSoze

My year thus far has been stellar. I've at least one show every month:
January - Extreme
February - Garth Brooks (twice)
March - JD McPherson
April - Prince
May - NKotB / Nelly / TLC
June - Alabama Shakes
Third Eye Blind
July - Run DMC / Naughty By Nature

Here's how the rest of my year looks:
Austrailian Floyd - July 29
Brand New - July 30
Foo Fighters / Royal Blood - August 24
Oddball Comedy Festival - August 30
Van Halen / Kenny Wayne Shepherd - September 4
The Lone Bellow - September 5
The Lone Bellow - October 31
November 1
Gonna need a HELL of a show (or two) in December to cap this year off!