The Hangover/I'm an Alcoholic Thread

AxlisOld

Congrats....I'm at a little over 8 months. I feel healthier whenever I quit drinking but goddamn.....I'm bored.

The boredom is a factor I know its only just over a week but I feel I have no social life now as every social vent I have evolves around alcohol I have yet to be paid since so haven't experience the financial beneficiary yet . Did you replace the booze with anything ? I noticed i'm eating a lot more

Yeah....I definitely eat more. It sucks. I also find myself jerking off more just cause I'm bored and have free time.

I went about two weeks without a drop just recently. I usually turn teetotal for periods of sometimes up to a month. I am quite good at jacking it in really however, I cannot say I ever enjoy these dry up periods as, in the words of Frank, ''I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day''. I do however drink a lot of tea, get a lot more reading in, and feel healthier. There are pros and cons to both lifestyles I suppose.

I think the thing should be to moderate your intake: only have one bottle of whisky without reaching for a second.

I went about two weeks without a drop just recently. I usually turn teetotal for periods of sometimes up to a month. I am quite good at jacking it in really however, I cannot say I ever enjoy these dry up periods as, in the words of Frank, ''I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day''. I do however drink a lot of tea, get a lot more reading in, and feel healthier. There are pros and cons to both lifestyles I suppose.

I think the thing should be to moderate your intake: only have one bottle of whisky without reaching for a second.

That weren't Frank it was Dino ;)

That weren't Frank it was Dino ;)

It is usually attributed to Frank.

On new years I blacked out and when I woke up at 1pm there was all these bags of McDonalds food I bought at 3am and this opened bottle of champagne on the table I failed to drink.

Cold Double cheese burgers and warm champagne breakfast to kick off 2016.

I think I'm quitting until April. Stop drinking and eating a diet of carbs and sugar. See how long that lasts!

• Like 1

On new years I blacked out and when I woke up at 1pm there was all these bags of McDonalds food I bought at 3am and this opened bottle of champagne on the table I failed to drink.

Cold Double cheese burgers and warm champagne breakfast to kick off 2016.

I think I'm quitting until April. Stop drinking and eating a diet of carbs and sugar. See how long that lasts!

I loved Mcdonalds in HK all day susage and egg mcmuffins I basically lived on them
Nothing else is actually edible. In my mind it's cheaper than in the UK too. i'm always hunting for Singapore style noodles in hk cafes but live out of Circle K and 7-11. Everything's packed so just live on the street.

I think I drank all the moisture out of my skin with 8 cans of Budweiser and about 10 bottles of Hooch and a Snowball...

It was fun, but.. Now I'm sober feeling a little mummified, and... Honestly, those 2/3 days of alcopops and then beers... I'm also craving bio yogurt and since picking up pot at midnight, (I've been smoking marijuana throughout) have actively thought that all this alcohol, is good, but only in moderation.

So until I feel to, I don't really feel like drinking, even if that sweet sweet bottle of unopened Hooch is in the fridge and it's 9am... But even though the tongue wants, the stomach doesn't lie and it's saying "I'm siding with the brain on this one, don't do it!" "P/s, give me some spinach."

I don't really drink, and I've found remembering the liver, digestion system, blood, new cells and old dead cells to name just a few things help me not drink alcohol and instead, exercise and eat right.

Edited by Snake-Pit

Honestly, all these lads in their mid 20s going on about their liver, do me a fuckin' favour, eat drink and be merry thats my feeling, fuck all this fuckin' health bollocks, bit of a drink never hurt anyone, as long as you're not a cunt about it 6 to 8 pints of lager a day never hurt no one, just eat with it and get a bit of exercise it'll be no bother. Obviously have a day of here and there but generally speaking you can keep that up for the rest of your life.

Edited by Len B'stard

Your liver can recover too. I had some damage or scarring I found out about after throwing up after taking some anti malaria pills. But if you rest the liver for 6 months you're good to go again. JR recently died after his liver failed? Who gave shots to JR? Everybody!

Your liver can recover too. I had some damage or scarring I found out about after throwing up after taking some anti malaria pills. But if you rest the liver for 6 months you're good to go again. JR recently died after his liver failed? Who gave shots to JR? Everybody!

Larry Hagman? He was a big mate of Keith Moons y'know.

Started my festive drinking on Christmas Day... (So from Boxing Day I had 'because that's when the majority of this post is se't) - (I remember white russians and screw drivers from Christmas Day, Courvoisier & Boost too but, as I said, that's just when I decided to start drinking again)... I bought like 3 Hooches that week between Christmas and New Year's Eve, then on New Year's Eve I bought a bottle of Hooch, finished the last of my Courvoisier XO from my canteen mixed with Boost Energy (eco Red Bull, with it's caffeine).. And drank my bottle of Hooch. Then I bought 2 bottles of Hooch, my family dropped 4 cans of Budweiser unexpectedly, my lesbian sister came over, long time no see, she came offering Fireball, which I was ready for but ended up sticking to Budweiser's, I drank 2 Budweiser's, (that's one of the last things I now remember) - That was Saturday night... She went, I drank that 1 bottle of Hooch, I had another Budweiser, I had a mini bottle of Snowball, then from then to now I finished up the Hooch and the Budweiser, then I bought 3 more Hooches, and lo and behold, 4 more Budweiser's got dropped off... - I got drunk... I drank 4 Budweisers and 2 Hooches and sort of passed out and almost burnt the house down lol because got smashed and peckish (passed out with the oven on, still no burnt food or me), woke up at midnight, picked up and had thoughts about getting myself a Nurishment (protein shake) and that all this booze booze booze is good, in moderation (but then decided to not get one because I was planning on eating and have kept my stomach lined with chicken mostly and potato anyway) - I haven't touched a drop of alcohol since yesterday evening.

I now remember............................

An 8th of weed a day. At least (I say 8th, but it's just a name for £20 worth of Amni or Haze @ 1.2 - 1.4).

But then I remember, around New Years (IT'S ALL COMING BACK TO ME NOW :D) - I had a blunt because I ran out of tobacco AND it was New Years...

Edited by Snake-Pit