The Hangover/I'm an Alcoholic Thread

AxlisOld

Wine is my thing at the moment. I bought a crate of 20 Carling for £12 at Asda last weekend and as I sat drinking them little cans of piss that I've been drinking since I was 15 I thought there must be more to life than this. So yeah I'm on red this weekend Ogio from tesco. Although popping out later. Does anyone know what the wine is like in Spoons?

Edited by spunko12345

Wine is my thing at the moment. I bought a crate of 20 Carling for £12 at Asda last weekend and as I sat drinking them little cans of piss that I've been drinking since I was 15 I thought there must be more to life than this. So yeah I'm on red this weekend Ogio from tesco. Although popping out later. Does anyone know what the wine is like in Spoons?

They do echo falls I thing.

Bollocks man, its got a nice bite to it, budweisers like drinking beer mixed with water.

Fuck man, I've had water that was better beer than Budweiser.

How or why the fuck it's so popular I'll never know.

Agreed.

I wonder the same about Heineken though. It's not terrible or anything, but it's definitely not in my top 3 of common Dutch beers. I'd rank Hertog Jan, Grolsch, Brand and Amstel higher. And that's just top of my head. And that's without even considering beers from other countries or craft beer.

I think because it's just water and easy to drunk. Light. You can drink a lot of it without feeling bloated and fall asleep.

Speckled hen is nice for one but if you drink 10 you'll feel so rough.

Bud is just alcoholic water for downing as fast as possible.

I think because it's just water and easy to drunk. Light. You can drink a lot of it without feeling bloated and fall asleep.

Speckled hen is nice for one but if you drink 10 you'll feel so rough.

Bud is just alcoholic water for downing as fast as possible.

How does the fact that it tastes weak make it so you don't feel bloated? And also, it just ain't normal, alcohol should have that kick, that bitter taste on first chug so you can feel it wash over you, Budweiser is so unsatisfying, i wanna scream when it's the only thing i can find in pint cans at the local Tesco Express, really do hate the stuff. If you don't like the taste of alcohol then just don't fuckin' drink it, don't bring out fuckin' waterhol though.

Bollocks man, its got a nice bite to it, budweisers like drinking beer mixed with water.

Fuck man, I've had water that was better beer than Budweiser.

How or why the fuck it's so popular I'll never know.

Agreed.

I wonder the same about Heineken though. It's not terrible or anything, but it's definitely not in my top 3 of common Dutch beers. I'd rank Hertog Jan, Grolsch, Brand and Amstel higher. And that's just top of my head. And that's without even considering beers from other countries or craft beer.

Yeah, I'll take Grolsh over Heineken any day. My beers/ales of choice are Newcastle Brown, Stella, Grolsh, Carlsbergs alright I suppose. There's a Polish one called Okchim thats alright too. Budweisers just fuckin' shite though. You'd think it wouldn't be, Americans tend to be purists in the sense that their standard stuff is usually quite strong, like an American steak is a PROPER steak, an American measure in spirits is a proper measure (although admiitedly some of this is 'led to believe' stuff, i don't actually know by personal experience) American fags are proper fags i.e. strong, like Marlboro Reds...but then you have Budweiser.

Light beer as a concept should be banned.

Edited by Len B'stard

I just prefer it to be refereshing buzz. With not much body to the beer to digest. Maybe it's more about drinking at home.

If I go to a real pub then yes a few heavy beers or a beer garden get some litres of german beer. But for being slumped in the condo I need something light a refreshing. It's flat screen tv not medival england.

Stella does something to me. I found myself unable to walk on the stuff once. The upper part of my body was sober; the bottom half, drunk. It was the strangest experience I've ever had. I was reading an article about it, and a respectable pub put it on the tap and they had all these violent episodes as a consequence.