The Hangover/I'm an Alcoholic Thread

AxlisOld

Had 6 asahi draft beers last night. I was queuing for Water world ride and this fight broke out. This guy with hot girlfriend pushed ahead and when this family complained this guy flew across and punched this dad guy then they wrestled and when it was over the punch guy said "fuck your mother". Just to stay classy.

Buckfast!

and 7 pills then have a panic attack flying back to John Lennon airport. That's how i roll.
  • Like 1

Haha i remember doin Buckie in test tubes! Then flying about country roads, wrecked, on my pals moped. He almost got wiped out by a lorry as he flew across the main road, big buildings either side so you cant see whats comin, didnt even slow down, flat out (like 30 haha), n you just seen him glow bright white as the lights of the lorry were right on him. Hes proper mental. After that we went to his local n theyre throwing pints over eachother!

Good times on Buckie.

• Like 1

my lost luggaged turned up. Seems like some random in nanjing has same blue samsonite bag is me. What they didnt know is my bag was full of asahi super dry. Kind of a weird way to get 24 cans delivered but its now time to drink cans in the flat.

my mate did that every week. Every time wed get lashed he'd lose it. I'd go awol but by time I got back he'd smash up the kitchen. He got better in that he moved on to just knocking the bins over. Not sure why he did that. Never thought to ask it was just a routine.

• Like 1

I love October. Or, as it should be called, Bocktober. The month that many Dutch, German and Belgian breweries release their annual autumn Bock beer. I love this stuff!

So far I've had:

- Brand Dubbelbock

- Broeder Jacob Gijle Bock

- Rockin' Ludina Shut The Bock Up

- Texel's Bock

- Oersoep Bock

- La Trappe Bock

- Weihenstephaner Bock

- Leute Bock

- Oedipus Bock

- Andechser Doppelbock

- Grolsch Bock

- Grolsch Gerijpte Bock

- Hertog Jan Bock

- Amstel Bock

- Heineken Tarwebock

- Bavaria Bock

- Bax Oma's Pruim

- La Chouffe Bock

- Maallust Veldloper

And that's all in the past 10 days.

Bocktober > Christmas

Edited by username

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back from a weekend in Antwerp with my old mates from football. We've all been friends for about 20 years now, pretty much grew up together. Great having the whole gang there!

We visited the Duvel-Moortgat brewery, who make Duvel, Maredsous and Vedett. They also own other breweries like Achouffe (La Chouffe), De Koninck and Liefmans. We visited the De Koninck brewery as well.

Basically this was a weekend of collectively trying SO many amazing Belgian beers and being collectively hungover. We had just about everything the breweries had to offer and then had more in small bars. Had a great time!

Tired now though.

At the most I may take a paracet. I am masochistic that way. Haven't got anyone here, though.

To make matters worse, my first meeting at 8 didn't happen when the other party failed to turn up. Apparently, they are stuck at the airport in Frankfurt, unable to fly in due to the ongoing flight chaos in Europe. So I could have slept for at least 30 minutes longer today or spent another 30 minutes sitting in my underwear in my hotel with my head in my hands.

Back when I was younger and used to drink more, I tended to drink to excess and wake up early in the morning with that restless feeling in my body that was foreboding of a severe hangover to come. I couldn't sleep more and as I lay in bed twisting and turning, the nausea would start to build. What I found was the ONLY fix for this, was to put on shoes and clothes and go out walking. That was the only think I knew of that could stop the nausea from become overwhelming. Just walk and walk and walk. Usually I would have to walk for at least 3 hours before the nausea would subside and disappear. If I failed to get out early enough, or just stayed in, I would start a pure-marathon that would typically last for 5-8 hours, puking every 15 minutes. It was absolutely horrid. So I spent many a Saturday and Sunday early mornings either walking all over town or clutching the sheets with a bucket next to me.

It doesn't happen that often anymore. It's been a few years now since the last time. I still get hungover, though, but a much more mild variety that is usually fixed by a paracet, more sleep, or just waiting it out. I am already feeling better today. It helps to have a lot to focus on mentally. Take my mind off my body. Mind over matter.