The Hangover/I'm an Alcoholic Thread

AxlisOld

I drank a shitload today. Had my grandfather's funeral this morning, then back to my uncle's house for the reception. Lots of boozing there, then took a few hours off to sober up/work out. Then I went out drinking with my cousins for our birthdays, as we all have our birthdays three days in a row this weekend.

I've had enough beer to last me a while :mellow:

What's a shitload?

Somewhere in the ballpark 10 beers across the day.

Bottles or what?

Some bottles, some pints. One was a 22 oz.

Still for someone who weighs 130 lbs, that is a lot of fucking beer.

10?!? Across a whole day? You bloody child :lol:

I like to think that a good professional qualification and the associated salary does the job. :lol:

Salary for what? Work? You cannot be working if you spend your entire year seeing Maiden, AC/DC or Guns N' Roses in three different continents, thirty-forty different gigs per year, while taking in Machu Picchu and the Himalayas!!

Well if you were referring specifically to PA5 why didn't you say so?

I'm generalising for humourous affect of course.

I drank a shitload today. Had my grandfather's funeral this morning, then back to my uncle's house for the reception. Lots of boozing there, then took a few hours off to sober up/work out. Then I went out drinking with my cousins for our birthdays, as we all have our birthdays three days in a row this weekend.

What's a shitload?

Bottles or what?

What is your choice of beer?

Len is the only one who sticks to good olde England - even Snakepit has racked up airmiles. I feel I am on a forum of global jet setters at times, the type of people who think nothing of spending a month in three separate continents: ''I'm going to Vegas in June, then travelling to see Maiden in Japan, before traveling to Europe''. I just wonder how people do this, seeing as it is not just a question of money but time and commitments. I could not theoretically do this much travelling even if I had a bank balance the size of Bill Gates.

I've neve gone a bundle on all that outward bound bollocks for a number of reasons. Firstly, being a second generation immigrant when i was a kid holidays were never really a thing, like going on holiday once a year, people from poor backgrounds like my folks didnt go on holidays so theres no standard there for it, whereas yous guys i suppose went places with your parents etc every year, i just stayed home and watched the telly :lol:

Secondly, i just wouldnt know what to do, what, go drink in a German pub, pull a tart with a foreign accent? Wouldnt mind i suppose but do i have to go half way around the world for that?

And all this bollocks about 'it expands your horizons!', my fuckin arse, all these fuckin builders from Romford or Colchester going to Malaga or Thailand or whatever, yeah right, half these cunts have never read a book in their fuckin lives really give a monkeys for expanding their horizons?

Plus like, these romantic notions of 'ooh India, the mystical east!' And like 'the quaint locals, isnt their culture fascinating?' Sorry but it fuckin aint to me, they just look like a bunch of fuckin' turbanators in their habitat, i couldnt give a monkeys :lol: And uh, all those quaint locals, yknow what they think when they see you? They think 'how can i rob this white cunt' thats what they're thinking, how can i seperate this bloke from his money!

If i had some sort of purpose or whatever i wouldnt mind, like i was there for a reason, but just going on holiday for two weeks just to sit in some foreign punk and spunk my money away and come home back to the freezing cold skint, fuck that.

Theres places in England i aint been for crying out loud.

Edited by Len B'stard

Len is the only one who sticks to good olde England - even Snakepit has racked up airmiles. I feel I am on a forum of global jet setters at times, the type of people who think nothing of spending a month in three separate continents: ''I'm going to Vegas in June, then travelling to see Maiden in Japan, before traveling to Europe''. I just wonder how people do this, seeing as it is not just a question of money but time and commitments. I could not theoretically do this much travelling even if I had a bank balance the size of Bill Gates.

I've neve gone a bundle on all that outward bound bollocks for a number of reasons. Firstly, being a second generation immigrant when i was a kid holidays were never really a thing, like going on holiday once a year, people from poor backgrounds like my folks didnt go on holidays so theres no standard there for it, whereas yous guys i suppose went places with your parents etc every year, i just stayed home and watched the telly :lol:

Secondly, i just wouldnt know what to do, what, go drink in a German pub, pull a tart with a foreign accent? Wouldnt mind i suppose but do i have to go half way around the world for that?

And all this bollocks about 'it expands your horizons!', my fuckin arse, all these fuckin builders from Romford or Colchester going to Malaga or Thailand or whatever, yeah right, half these cunts have never read a book in their fuckin lives really give a monkeys for expanding their horizons?

Plus like, these romantic notions of 'ooh India, the mystical east!' And like 'the quaint locals, isnt their culture fascinating?' Sorry but it fuckin aint to me, they just look like a bunch of fuckin' turbanators in their habitat, i couldnt give a monkeys :lol: And uh, all those quaint locals, yknow what they think when they see you? They think 'how can i rob this white cunt' thats what they're thinking, how can i seperate this bloke from his money!

If i had some sort of purpose or whatever i wouldnt mind, like i was there for a reason, but just going on holiday for two weeks just to sit in some foreign punk and spunk my money away and come home back to the freezing cold skint, fuck that.

I agree with a lot of what you say, however, being a history nerd, I tend to like visiting historic places with lots of ancient and medieval architecture and museums. Be it medieval castle and cathedral towns like York, or places like Rome where there is history on every corner, I love these places with a passion. Whenever I go to a new city, even if it is a shitty modern British city, I immediately head to the museums. I love military museums best, but also the traditional museums which tend to be divided between ancient history and natural history. Even the worst sort of British city tends to have at least one great museum - something we Brits do well.

But yes, the slobbing around on a beach holiday is not my cup of tea, although it is quite fun when you have a real boozy holiday when you are in your late teens or early twenties. I went to Barcelona with the intention of seeing all of this stuff - the Picasso museum, La Sagrada Familia, etc - and all I did was slob around on Barcelona's beach, which was artificially created for the Olympics incidentally, and drank beer. It was fun but I probably would not do that now.

Like i say i wouldnt mind if i had some purpose there but whats the point in going abroad when you're on the watch your pennies end of the social spectrum?

Says the cunt whose old man just bought a fuckin' DB9? :lol:

Yes having procured the 65,000 for it out of my piggy bank, theres a reason i drive that fuckin' Astra yknow :lol: It sure to fuck aint a fashion statement! :lol:

What's a shitload?

Bottles or what?

What is your choice of beer?

Style, or brewery? Style-wise, I like most everything except IPAs. Hard to beat a good Scotch Ale in my book though, nothing like a sweet beer on the darker end of the spectrum :)

As for brewery, Yuengling is my favorite. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty craft beers I enjoy more, but I grew up drinking Yuengling since I went to school in Pennsylvania, so it holds a special place in my liver.

I have always manintained that the best Caipirinha to be had in Europe is to be found at Joe's Pub at Potzdamerplatz in Berlin. Through today's random stroll of that city I never chanced upon Joe's Pub and was thus not able to verify the tenacity of that claim. I did however, after having downed some free wine in the "lounge" connected to my floor at the hotel where I am staying, happen to have a couple Caipirinhas at the hotel bar (because there is only so much beer and wine, no matter how free, you can have before you want some stronger stuff), and I have to say that it was equally good as my memories of the drinks I had at Joe's som 13 years ago. What's it about Germans and Brazilian drinks?

11 minutes ago, maynard said:

In my opinion, the caipiroska (with vodka instead of cachaça) is the best version of the caipirinha.

I soooo much wanted to agree with you, also because after all you are from one of those countries, but, alas, I have to say that yet again we disagree. It has to be cachaca.

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I soooo much wanted to agree with you, also because after all you are from one of those countries, but, alas, I have to say that yet again we disagree. It has to be cachaca.

Not a popular opinion down here either :lol:

But... vodka > rum > cachaça for me.

1 minute ago, maynard said:

Not a popular opinion down here either :lol:

But... vodka > rum > cachaça for me.

They should export you to Russia.

No, I like the caipirinha BECAUSE of the taste of the spirit. Replacing the cachaca with vodka makes it taste less like...caipirinha. To me.

Anyway, only good that we have all this variations to choose from. I hope I once get to drink caipirinha from a bar in Brazil, to compare with the ones from Germany.

• Like 1