The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

Missed the first five rounds, but wasn't impressed with what I saw. Felt more like a sparring match. Mayweather may have outboxed Manny, but neither really came close to hurting the other guy. Not a bad pay day for two guys who took very little chances in the ring.

• Like 1

Why was he holding back so much? There were moments when Manny could have exploited openings. He opened up Mayweather - it was not totally one sided - but then just held back and went back into his stance. I saw this about five times.

Even Alvarez said he his attempt wasn't a draw, you saw sour grapes from manny saying 'he ran' duh it's Mayweather, the guy you and Roach have been studying for 5 years. If there was a different gameplan who knows, I just did not see him give Mayweather more than one approach and that's his big chance in the dust no matter what he was capable of, just like Alvarez who I think will turn out to be a phenomenal win for Floyd too.

I think this might have been the death knell of boxing haha. Five years of over hyped nonsense followed by absolute drivel. They both knew they had the money in the bank so why risk a broken nose? Throw on that the dreary under card and you have five years of your life you will never get back.

• Like 2

I think this might have been the death knell of boxing haha. Five years of over hyped nonsense followed by absolute drivel. They both knew they had the money in the bank so why risk a broken nose? Throw on that the dreary under card and you have five years of your life you will never get back.

Thing about Mayweather is he'll defend but he doesnt press because hes just happy winning by points, in the trenches is just pointless risk for him, id rate him more if he coupled his movement with something more than potshotting and put people away, like the way Ali used to visibly step up a gear as rounds went on.

I think it was masterful boxing, werent expecting no brawl anyway.

Had it 118-110 Mayweather. Don't understand why Pacquiao wasn't more aggressive. Can't let Mayweather control the pace. He's just too smart and good defensively. So much for Roach's said plan of 100 punches early.

Like Jones said, I'd like to see Thurman next. Can't outbox Mayweather, so don't think Khan could do it. Pacquiao looked to hurt Mayweather once, like Maidana did, so think power from someone like Thurman is the only chance (albeit, a small chance) to beat Mayweather at this stage.

Also, surprised that Mayweather still plans to stop at 49-0. Would think 50-0 would be too tempting, but he sounds set on 49.

Thing about Mayweather is he'll defend but he doesnt press because hes just happy winning by points, in the trenches is just pointless risk for him, id rate him more if he coupled his movement with something more than potshotting and put people away, like the way Ali used to visibly step up a gear as rounds went on.

Yes but the onus is on Pacman. Why the lazy work rate?

Cuz he couldnt Ronnie, look at reach differential, what was he gonna do, leap in and get stretched out? The best thing Manny could've done is backed off backed off backed off...then surged forward with flurries, keep switching it up...but Manny aint cut like that.

Yes but the onus is on Pacman. Why the lazy work rate?

Because he simply had no way in, he kept feinting, moving side to side, trying to find a target but mayweather had his lead leg stretched out, drawing a line between him and Pac and the rest was reach and reflexes. What was i telling you in PM though, this werent a suprise to no one in boxing, that is was a controlled boring fight by floyd.

Quite frankly Floyd being a cunt is blinding people to some of the qualities of the fight, he was turning Pacman masterfully, pirouhetting off the ropes and popping him real sharp.

Edited by Len B'stard