What are you eating?

inthisriver

Im gonna do that today, pop down the chippie, grab myself a Pukka and a couple of servings of mushy peas, what is there to dislike about a pie and peas? :lol:

What the fuck? texture is taste. A chef said that on tv the other day. Don't you care that something that tastes good is swimming in something else that has no real connection to it? the peas and the meat pie should be separate. Not in the same bowl. That's gross. Just look at it. It's disgusting.

Edited by Rovim

Made Mary Berry's Chicken and Leek pie. It's cooking now. I have never been so annoyed at a recipe before. I hate it when one follows a recipe to the letter, for it to turn out completely shite, while the celebrity who wrote the recipe continues their TV career like nothing's happened, and I'm stuck here with £10 worth of ingredients simmering away.

It will probably taste ok, but it looks crap. My main beef is with the puff pastry, which required 100% more water than it actually needed, and turned the rest of the cooking experience into a tragedy of Shakesperian proportions.

Did you know - and this is the most Australian thing I know - Australians eat something called a pie floater, consisting of a meat pie submerged in a load of watery peas. It looks as repellent as it sounds,

Pie_floater_in_Adelaide_SA.jpg

As evidenced by the file name, it's only eaten by South Australians. I've never encountered one of those anywhere else.

Did you know - and this is the most Australian thing I know - Australians eat something called a pie floater, consisting of a meat pie submerged in a load of watery peas. It looks as repellent as it sounds,

Pie_floater_in_Adelaide_SA.jpg

As evidenced by the file name, it's only eaten by South Australians. I've never encountered one of those anywhere else.

Look at you becoming precious about which wing of penal colony you're incarcerated in :lol: Less pubes in the pudding in D wing!

Edited by Len B'stard