Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

Saw the WWE event last night. The cage match was good. I loved the Roman Reigns match. It was very cool but we all knew who would win this one. This event was in Canada and lots of Canadian wrestlers were on.

I get it free with Peacock. Can't wait for Wrestlemania.

19 hours ago, Dean said:

It’s been a while since I’ve been invested in a main event but I’m looking forward to Roman v Sami this evening.

Was a very awesome match. both guys gave 100%. I was actually surprised.

30 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Saw the WWE event last night. The cage match was good. I loved the Roman Reigns match. It was very cool but we all knew who would win this one. This event was in Canada and lots of Canadian wrestlers were on.

I get it free with Peacock. Can't wait for Wrestlemania.

Was a very awesome match. both guys gave 100%. I was actually surprised.

100%, they left it all out there. 

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Thought I'd share this. I've always wanted the yellow Intercontinental belt:

Majestic. I've been so close to pulling the trigger on a Winged Eagle replica for years now but I keep backing out, there is literally nowhere I could put it!

7 hours ago, Dean said:

Majestic. I've been so close to pulling the trigger on a Winged Eagle replica for years now but I keep backing out, there is literally nowhere I could put it!

That is one top of my list for collectibles, the winged eagle belt . I hope Cody brings it back . I doubt it though, the current belt is well recognized in the sports world . 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dean said:

Speak of the devil. I just pulled the trigger on the dual plated Winged Eagle, literally a few moments ago. It was $449 yesterday, today it was on sale for $330 so I had to have it!

• GNFNR 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Speak of the devil. I just pulled the trigger on the dual plated Winged Eagle, literally a few moments ago. It was $449 yesterday, today it was on sale for $330 so I had to have it!

Fucking amazing. It’s the greatest belt they’ve had in my opinion! 

image.jpeg.f0e7b368e11a6e7999a0b56f16e09c1e.jpeg

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

It's a shame that the intercontinental title is so poorly used in recent years (maybe since they bought WCW?). Seems like the US title is more prestigious...

It was being used as a whatever belt . But Gunther has really made it special again !

• Like 1

That Royal Rumble will have done wonders for Gunther.

On 2/23/2023 at 2:24 PM, Stay.Of.Execution said:

I watched Wrestling as a kid, when it was still cool, recently i somehow got into a new WWE hype again (probably thanks to YouTube's algorithm) and started watching old matches on youtube. Undertaker vs HBK in 97 was fucking crazy.

First Hell in a Cell match? That was a great match if its that one your talking about.

On 2/23/2023 at 1:19 PM, Dean said:

Fucking amazing. It’s the greatest belt they’ve had in my opinion! 

image.jpeg.f0e7b368e11a6e7999a0b56f16e09c1e.jpeg

Post pictures or vid when you get it please. I have been on the fence about getting one for years. 

41 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

It just arrived a moment ago. It's amazing

That looks sick as fuck, I want one. How thick are the plates? Cant decide between that and Intercontinental.

18 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

That looks sick as fuck, I want one. How thick are the plates? Cant decide between that and Intercontinental.

The plates on both the IC strap I got last week and this Winged Eagle are about 5mm if I were to guess. Both belts are HEAVY and have a nice curve on the main plate. 

My advice for buying just one is kinda odd. If you'd asked me before I bought that IC strap, I would've said to just get the IC. Now that I've seen the dual plated eagle in person, I would absolutely buy that first if I could only get one. 

• 1 month later...

Looks like the Triple H era is dead. Vince heavily involved with raw and talent super pissed off. Seth rollins got told his segment was being scraped mid commercial break and slammed the mic before they came back to air and he is legit pissed. And brock lesnar apparently wanted to have a tag match with cody rhodes but was told as he was going out that plans changed him giving the middle finger was also unscripted as that was brock also legit pissed with Vince hopefully it's a one time thing otherwise it's the end of good wrestling again 

Edited by kingcanyon

13 hours ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Big mistake not having Cody go over. Hope he isn't seen as being Lex Lugered

14 hours ago, kingcanyon said:

Looks like the Triple H era is dead. Vince heavily involved with raw and talent super pissed off. Seth rollins got told his segment was being scraped mid commercial break and slammed the mic before they came back to air and he is legit pissed. And brock lesnar apparently wanted to have a tag match with cody rhodes but was told as he was going out that plans changed him giving the middle finger was also unscripted as that was brock also legit pissed with Vince hopefully it's a one time thing otherwise it's the end of good wrestling again 

It really sucks, because the whole bloodline/sami/owens/cody thing has been the best thing in WWE for probably at least 10 years. Cody will never be as red hot as he was for Mania and they failed to capitalize on that. First chapter my ass, it was the wrong call. And in general Vince is a ridiculously out of touch jackass and having him back will only make things worse. Genuine bummer. There were tons of ways to go with it too. Roman is looking for a long term break and having the bloodline crumble after mania would've been the perfect way to give him that. They could've gone with Sami challenging, Owens turning on Sami again, Jey Uso challenging, Jimi turning on Jey or the other way around. Lots of great options. The Bork beatdown angle was just terribly stupid. Night 1 was pretty fucking solid for Mania, but night 2 was WWE giving the fans a low blow and ending the night disappointed after finally getting the fans to root for someone again. 

I generally dislike Whatculture's take on things, but this was a fun read: https://whatculture.com/wwe/wwes-complete-backstage-chaos-revealed-wrestlers-34-likely-34-want-out 

Edited by username
  • Like 1