What Does Axl Do Every Day?

If I knew Vancouver 02 would've went down the way it did I'd have gotten a passport, bought plane tix, and paid for front row seats. Sometimes the most rock n roll thing is no rock n roll. I thought it was a great way for Axl to kick off his comeback tour.

You realize nobody even got into the bulding right? It wasn't rock n' roll at all. It was a fucking asshole having no respect for fans who paid hundreds upwards of a thousand dollars when all was said and done to see him perform and the jackass didn't even have the courtesy to be in the country where the show was to take place. Rock n Roll my ass. Rock N Roll would've been getting there on time and kicking everyone's ass with a mind blowing performance. That's rock n roll. Not pussy no showing. I was at the front of the line, literally the first person in line when the security guy came out and announced the show was cancelled. That's a massive fucking letdown. You think it's cool but you'r just some dude on the internet saying shit because you think it sounds cool. It wasn't even remotely cool.

If I knew Vancouver 02 would've went down the way it did I'd have gotten a passport, bought plane tix, and paid for front row seats. Sometimes the most rock n roll thing is no rock n roll. I thought it was a great way for Axl to kick off his comeback tour.

How are you supposed to enjoy this disaster? Usually most people's response would be to get the hell out of dodge.

That's exactly what it was. We stood back and watched as douchebags started trashing the outside of the building. from the time the show was cancelled to the time the police had dogs chase the crowd through the parking lot it was about 20 minutes. That was it. Oh wow we watched some idiots break stuff and then left. It was fuckking dumb. To go all that way for that? Yeah there was nothing cool about it at all.

Hey I said its appealing to me and it is. You want a safe, timely, efficient show, blah, blah, blah. That ain't a rock n roll mindset in my eyes. Not in the least. Certainly there are no shortage of bands that will give you that if that's what you want...and from some bands that is what I want but that isn't now nor was it ever what I wanted from GNR I want. As the late great David Briggs once said "rock n roll ain't safe. It's elemental. People get old, get married, have kids, house, and they wanna play it safe. You can't have it both ways. Either you're a rock n roller or you're not."

If a singer not showing up to a concert is cool why don't you drive to your nearest arena tonight. You can hang around for 5 hours setting fire to your cash and then Axl won't arrive at midnight and you can jump in your car and drive home. It will be a thrilling night of rock n roll if that's your cup of tea.

• Like 1

9:30 am - wakes up

9:45 am - makes breakfast (rattlesnake sausage and eggs)

10:00 am - watches CNN keep updated on the world

10:20 am - thinks about tweeting a news story with a sly joke

10:22 am - decides against tweeting

10:30 am - peruses the internet for cat memes

10:50 am - sends Bubbles a cat meme. Texts back and forth for a while.

11:30 am - orders a new fedora and custom leather.

12:00 pm - thinks about working out for a while. Cracks open a Stella instead.

12:30 pm - calls up Caram and tells him to tweak a level on Soul Monster and to send it to him when hes done.

12:45 pm - goes out to his zoo and tends to his animals for a while.

1:30 pm - decides he wants to go see an afternoon movie.

4:00 pm - sends DJ 5 hilarious joke texts. DJ tells him how funny he is and tells him he cant wait to start recording the 12 songs he sent to him. Axl doesnt respond.

5:00 pm - goes to get dinner with Beta somewhere where he wont be seen or bothered.

7:00 pm - heads home to watch some episodes of his new favorite show and have a few beers.

1:00 am - thinks fuck, didnt mean to watch that many episodes. Wanted to get more work on the album done. He then thinks well theres always tomorrow...

I think he open his eyes at 1:00 am... and then starts his day

Edited by RnT
  • Like 1

I often wonder what he is doing? We hear very little so we crave to hear just that bit more about him. Maybe it is obsessive but when you like someone so much what's the harm in knowing what they are doing? I want to know what time he goes to bed what he eats what's he wearing..haha. Yes I am a bit obsessed that's the effect axl has on most of us I'm sure.

I feel the same way sometimes. Mostly I just think about what he thinks about and how his mind works.

My biggest question regarding Axl is this:

How can a person who loves music as much as he does be sitting on so much of it (suppsedly) with no interest in releasing it? So while I don't really care what he does everyday, I do wonder how he could go about life without giving a shit about releasing music.

• Like 2

Axl seems like a tortured artist. And the business side has been a nightmare for him he said in chats.

I guess there were 30 songs now there are about 16? These are songs which he wants to put out.

I guess the right record comes into play not just any old thing. Axls songs seem personal so maybe you can't churn that stuff out. Would Axl think a song about animal rights would work as GNR? Maybe he'll be inspired by The Jinx.

"I go to movies, go out with friends, go to car shows. I have a zoo. My animals (wolves, parrots, dogs, cats) are my buddies. They need lots of love and attention."

"I just didn't go places where media was. I wasn't interested at the time. If the place to go was some restaurant in Hollywood, I went to the Valley. "

"Lyrics on Chinese took a long time".

His "work" these days probably involves things like managing investments in art and real estate.

Dealing with his entourage and their issues

Assorted business and legal issues that might need his attention, both relating to the above and GNR

GNR stuff. Off tour GNR is probably bottom of his list of priorities. This includes contact with band members and you know, writing music. On tour his schedule is probably reversed.

You can punctuate all of the above with epic tantrums and bullshit from everyone involved.

It's a fucking circus basically with Axl in the middle.

Jesus I'm new on here and I've been told off already quite a lot maybe this site isn't for me. I didn't think there was anything wrong with me liking him.. Of course I don't know him as a person, only what everyone else sees and knows.. I've adored him since I was little everything about him most importantly his obvious talents..yet I'm made to look a prick because I'm interested in him what he does etc.. Nothing wrong with that really is there? Does it really effect you how much I like axl rose? Sorry I just don't think it's fair i'm being moaned at.

I must be extremely unhealthy then? Yep thanks for that.. I thought this site was for fans anyway? You must be a joy to be around

You don't have to address me as Jesus, Apollo will work.

I'm not a "joy" to be around because I asked you a couple simple questions? Fly off the handle much? You seem pretty sensitive on the subject. Where did anybody call you a prick?

YOU used the word "obsessed" three times about how you feel about Axl. You say you've adored him since you were a little kid. I was just curious why?

Axl's been my favorite singer for almost 30 years. We are all here because we are great fans of Axl the musician. I'm just curious whyou claim to be obsessed with him and why you adore him so much?

Edited by Apollo

I just can't stop thinking about what he's doing now. I just made an expresso thinking wonder if Axl drinks expressos. Coke zero or Dr Pepper? Answer the question!

Big bag, Zig Zag.

Edited by Rovim

I'm sure that Axl's had plenty of his fair share of women over the years but I've never heard anything about him being a sex crazed sex junkie from anyone so I don't believe it's true at all...

Except his deliberately having it said about him in Coma during that :facepalm: part with all the girls talking.