When did the 2010 rasp start to disappear?

That Hamilton show may be the best NewGuns show ever. TEN Chinese songs played and Axl had built his voice almost to the incredible heights of the later European shows. It's just such a fucking shame that the one recording of it is such poor quality.

It's interesting that, even when he was singing so powerfully, he still struggled massively with that mid-range on the Twat verses and Scraped chorus. It's kinda weird because those parts are so weak and he wobbled all over the place but then screams the absolute fuck out of the high parts. Just listen to him go for it on Twat, it's fucking insane what he does.

It's also interesting that after such a long set with brutal songs like Shacklers, Twat and Scraped that by the time he got to Madagascar and TIL in the encore his voice was getting really tired but he still gives 100%. It makes TIL sound especially poignant because you can hear the sheer effort it's taking to hit the high notes near the end and then on the last lines his voice cracks and he sounds so sad and vulnerable.

Fucking incredible show. I very much doubt we'll hear Axl perform a show like that again. Fuck knows how he's gonna even attempt to pull The General off live.

January 24th, 2010 - Hamilton, ON @ Copps Coliseum Setlist: Chinese Democracy, Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Sorry, Better, Richard Fortus Guitar Solo (James Bond Theme), Live And Let Die, If The World, Shackler's Revenge, Dizzy Reed Piano Solo/Street Of Dreams, There Was A Time, Rocket Queen, You Could Be Mine, Dj Ashba Guitar Solo (The Ballad of Death)/Sweet Child O' Mine, Jam (Another Brick In The Wall: Part 2)/Axl Piano Solo (Gran Torino/Goodbye Yellow Brick Road/Someone Saved My Life Tonight)/November Rain, Bumblefoot Guitar Solo (Pink Panther), Scraped, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Nightrain

Encore: Madagascar, This I Love, Paradise City

That Hamilton show may be the best NewGuns show ever. TEN Chinese songs played and Axl had built his voice almost to the incredible heights of the later European shows. It's just such a fucking shame that the one recording of it is such poor quality.

It's interesting that, even when he was singing so powerfully, he still struggled massively with that mid-range on the Twat verses and Scraped chorus. It's kinda weird because those parts are so weak and he wobbled all over the place but then screams the absolute fuck out of the high parts. Just listen to him go for it on Twat, it's fucking insane what he does.

It's also interesting that after such a long set with brutal songs like Shacklers, Twat and Scraped that by the time he got to Madagascar and TIL in the encore his voice was getting really tired but he still gives 100%. It makes TIL sound especially poignant because you can hear the sheer effort it's taking to hit the high notes near the end and then on the last lines his voice cracks and he sounds so sad and vulnerable.

Fucking incredible show. I very much doubt we'll hear Axl perform a show like that again. Fuck knows how he's gonna even attempt to pull The General off live.

January 24th, 2010 - Hamilton, ON @ Copps Coliseum Setlist: Chinese Democracy, Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Sorry, Better, Richard Fortus Guitar Solo (James Bond Theme), Live And Let Die, If The World, Shackler's Revenge, Dizzy Reed Piano Solo/Street Of Dreams, There Was A Time, Rocket Queen, You Could Be Mine, Dj Ashba Guitar Solo (The Ballad of Death)/Sweet Child O' Mine, Jam (Another Brick In The Wall: Part 2)/Axl Piano Solo (Gran Torino/Goodbye Yellow Brick Road/Someone Saved My Life Tonight)/November Rain, Bumblefoot Guitar Solo (Pink Panther), Scraped, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Nightrain

Encore: Madagascar, This I Love, Paradise City

Man, the whole Canada tour was amazing. They played 9 CD songs when I saw them, and I really agree about TIL, it was the last song before Nightrain in Calgary.

Credit where its due. Bumblefoot managed to play Buckethead's TWAT solo exactly how it was meant to be played. It sounds just like a carbon copy of the studio version.

Don't worry, the Twat solo is in safe hands with DJ :headbang:

I saw Riad in Detroit back in 02. I think the only ones I haven't heard live are ITW & Prostitute. I could be wrong, but I think I've heard all the rest live.

I don't think it's an accident that Rhiad was never played after 2002, even at Tokyo or the Canada shows, because he'd need to be in full-n clean/falsetto mode to pull it off. It's all super-high notes and he couldn't touch it with screeching rasp. I mean, he struggled with it a bit in 2002. But I don't think it's any great loss: would much rather hear more Twats and Prostitutes.

Credit where its due. Bumblefoot managed to play Buckethead's TWAT solo exactly how it was meant to be played. It sounds just like a carbon copy of the studio version.

Don't worry, the Twat solo is in safe hands with DJ

Dj does the first part of the solo anyway, what's your point

Nosaj knows what I mean.

Nosaj knows what I mean.

No disrespect taken for that btw , to pull off the solo that bumble pulls off will take finck back in guns, see if dj can pull it off, or call robin

Nosaj knows what I mean.

No disrespect taken for that btw , to pull off the solo that bumble pulls off will take finck back in guns, see if dj can pull it off, or call robin

You think Robin could pull off Bucket's solo on TWAT? :blink:

Nosaj knows what I mean.

I can't think of anyone else that'd join guns who could pull it off

Nosaj knows what I mean.

I can't think of anyone else that'd join guns who could pull it off

How about Bucket himself (?)

Axl was still great in 2010. To me, it was better even compared to 2006, though his Rock Am Ring Nightrain and WTTJ performances are definite highlights.

And I don't think he ever lost the rasp. It's a main element of his classic sound, but it seems he can't just rasp the shit out of a performance if he's not in shape. The grit was there in the Prostitute screams in 2014.

Edited by Rovim

Axl was still great in 2010. To me, it was better even compared to 2006, though his Rock Am Ring Nightrain and WTTJ performance are definite highlights.

And I don't think he ever lost the rasp. It's a main element of his classic sound, but it seems he can't just rasp the shit out of a performance if he's not in shape. The grit was there in the Prostitute screams in 2014.

Towards the end of the 2014 Vegas shows, Axl picked up his game , sounded miles better , and pulled great tracks on to the setlist

Axl was still great in 2010. To me, it was better even compared to 2006, though his Rock Am Ring Nightrain and WTTJ performance are definite highlights.

I thought i was the only one who prefers 2010 voice to 2006's. As you said, leaving aside those highlights.

I thought i was the only one who prefers 2010 voice to 2006's. As you said, leaving aside those highlights.

There are some who prefer the mix of clean and rasp he had in 2006-07 compared to the 100% full on rasp of 2010. But having listened to all the boots he was way more powerful, had more control and was far more consistent in 2010. Put it this way: he needed to stand still at Donnington and Dublin to sounds as good as he did running around in 2010.

• Like 2

Axl was still great in 2010. To me, it was better even compared to 2006, though his Rock Am Ring Nightrain and WTTJ performances are definite highlights.

The Question was when did he start to lose the rasp he had in 2006 (The term rasp is fucking stupid by the way but whatever..) and I believe it started going by the end of that tour. I didn't say he lost it, I said it started to go then.

Edited by T-Minus