So what happened to these songs????

What happened to all these songs?

Did they end up on Chinese Democracy? Or for CDII? Just dropped, or sitting in Axl's vault waiting for.......what?

THANK YOU to GnrRevolution for all these quotes.

"Duff and I wrote ten songs in the space of week. We even recorded them as demos." Izzy

"It's amazing stuff" - Slash, saying the band has been trading tapes amongst themselves.

"I feel that some of the recordings we did in that limited amount of time had some of the best playing that Slash had done at least since the illusions." Axl

"With Guns, there is no problem with material. The problem has always been getting us in the same room. So now that we're in there, its rockin" - Duff

"The songs are really good, and I have a good vibe about it." Slash

"The material is really strong, this record is going to rock." Duff/Slash saying the band has worked on 16 songs.

"Even if we don't sell any copies of the next album, I will be very proud of what we did. But I don't worry about it, I know that what we are doing right now is great. We working on rock songs that last only four minutes. We already did 7 songs and will write seven others. It will be a single album with 10 or 12 songs."

"We have song titles, but no album title" - Duff

"The stuff I've heard is much more concise than November Rain. Very intense." Moby

"We've got tapes of what Axl considers great songs, which from my point of view is just me playing the guitar." - Slash

"When I left town, Axl and Matt and Duff and I had worked on new material." Slash

"We did do some like off-the-wall kind of writing and recording." Slash

"The first batch of material I heard definitely had an industrial thing about them" - Slash

What happened to all these songs?

Did they end up on Chinese Democracy? Or for CDII? Just dropped, or sitting in Axl's vault waiting for.......what?

THANK YOU to GnrRevolution for all these quotes.

"Duff and I wrote ten songs in the space of week. We even recorded them as demos." Izzy

"It's amazing stuff" - Slash, saying the band has been trading tapes amongst themselves.

"I feel that some of the recordings we did in that limited amount of time had some of the best playing that Slash had done at least since the illusions." Axl

"With Guns, there is no problem with material. The problem has always been getting us in the same room. So now that we're in there, its rockin" - Duff

"The songs are really good, and I have a good vibe about it." Slash

"The material is really strong, this record is going to rock." Duff/Slash saying the band has worked on 16 songs.

"Even if we don't sell any copies of the next album, I will be very proud of what we did. But I don't worry about it, I know that what we are doing right now is great. We working on rock songs that last only four minutes. We already did 7 songs and will write seven others. It will be a single album with 10 or 12 songs."

"We have song titles, but no album title" - Duff

"The stuff I've heard is much more concise than November Rain. Very intense." Moby

"We've got tapes of what Axl considers great songs, which from my point of view is just me playing the guitar." - Slash

"When I left town, Axl and Matt and Duff and I had worked on new material." Slash

"We did do some like off-the-wall kind of writing and recording." Slash

"The first batch of material I heard definitely had an industrial thing about them" - Slash

In a vault or trashed if anything. It's the old band so you'll never hear them

I see it as mostly just a bunch of Slash instrumentals, nothing really fleshed out.

Well Duff and Izzy wrote 10 songs together, Axl jammed with Slash, Matt and Duff.....so a lot of it wasn't just pure Slash stuff

Axl and the whole Shadow line up '94-'96. Paul Huge, Dizzy, Krys Baratto(bass) and Sid Riggs (drums) recording Axl's contribution to the '96 album. Very interesting.

Keep in mind, Sid and I were recording on demos. Paul was involved... We were all a part of putting tracks down on the demos. So, it was never a "version" of the band. It was fun though... Across the mixer were such people as Slash, Zakk, Matt, Duff, Dizzy, and a host of others. (Krys Baratto, Sp1at, 04/15/05)

When the Sex Pistols were rehearsing for their 1996 reunion tour [set to begin on 06/21/96 in Finland], Pistols mainman John Lydon claimed to have heard 'some folky nonsense' emanating from the next room, only to discover it was actually Axl and co hard at work. (Kerrang, 08/21/99)
We have been doing mostly Axl's material. (Slash chat, 10/16/96)
Plus the Shaq freestyle with Dizzy, Paul and Sid.
I think most of the stuff by old gnr have been rejected by Axl and some of the seeds have been worked (Down by the ocean, Slash's riff...).
Edited by Silent Jay

Duff featured on 117 degrees, Ride on, River in the late 90s early 2001. So that could soak up some of those Izzy/Duff songs.

The industrial stuff could have been Axl/Tobias stuff like IRS, Twat. Axls riff on TWAT could construed as industrial.

Plus Fall to Pieces Axl heard the idea of it. So there was obviously more of this. Maybe it was used for VR.

Edited by wasted

I would be very surprised if Axl didn't have every one of the tapes to this day, most likely they've been digitised. As Richard said some of the new songs stemmed from Slash Riffs.

In a dream scenario, Guns reunite and finish off the album that got canned when everybody quit. I'd love to hear Axl singing a 4 minute rock song, that has a great riff and memorable solo. CD is one of my favourite albums but it was really weak when it went for straight forward hard rock. Not going to happen of course, and i'm sure a lot of that material did end up on Snakepit / VR albums... but one can dream :)

I truly doubt any of it survived.

I never believed there were any real "songs" anyway....just fragments of ideas.

Slash said many a time that the work was uninspired and haphazard because the working conditions were so tense.

Then again, if we're to believe Axl Rose, Fall to Pieces was originally conceived during this period. It was a little too convenient that he refused to elaborate further, though. "We're getting ahead of ourselves." "All this information will come to light later."

When, Axl?

Slither, Fall to Pieces, and Dirty little thing are probably three of them.

Dirty Little thing is not one of them. It was plagiarized from another band called Dirty Deeds.

According Axl Fall to Pieces was one of them and Slashs' first solo album was supposed

to be the next GN'R album but it was rejected by Axl, from what I understand.

Slither, Fall to Pieces, and Dirty little thing are probably three of them.

Dirty Little thing is not one of them. It was plagiarized from another band called Dirty Deeds.

According Axl Fall to Pieces was one of them and Slashs' first solo album was supposed

to be the next GN'R album but it was rejected by Axl, from what I understand.

I've heard that yes

Filed away in the vault alongside Tobias. I remember a story about Buckethead - this is after he had left the band - being pissed at Axl for not being able to use his (unreleased) gnr ideas on his solo projects because Axl had to all intent and purposes, legally 'grabbed' them. It is not unreasonable to believe this happened with the old band members. We know Axl grabbed an Izzy song, Down by the Ocean. Fall to Pieces is one that seems to have gotten by though.

Filed away in the vault alongside Tobias. I remember a story about Buckethead - this is after he had left the band - being pissed at Axl for not being able to use his (unreleased) gnr ideas on his solo projects because Axl had to all intent and purposes, legally 'grabbed' them. It is not unreasonable to believe this happened with the old band members. We know Axl grabbed an Izzy song, Down by the Ocean. Fall to Pieces is one that seems to have gotten by though.

Bucket is still pissed about that, thats why he doesn't wants to do anything related to CD

Izzy released his Down By The Ocean (Box) song on a solo album.

Most of the VR album was written with Izzy before he left, I doubt anything other than Falling To Pieces is a holdover from those GNR sessions, and even then it was probably just a riff or chord progression, not a full song.