How much did Get In The ring hurt the band.

When that song came out print journalists had a lot more influence and especially people like Bob Guccione. I loved that song when i was 11 listening to the album when it came out but listening to it now I can't believe it was written by grown adults. It seems so petty. It's hard to think that the people behind them publications that got a thorough sagging wouldn't hold a grudge I think it's a big part of why gnr went out of fashion.

Ive got a book by Mick Wall called the most dangerous band in the world and he comes across as a passionate devout fan and he gets great access to the band. He does nothing but praise them and how great they are. He wrote about Axl offering out Vincent Neill but that's because it happened and he is a journalist so he reported it. I don't know what the others did to piss gnr off so badly but i think writing a song specifically about a group of journalists was a bit stupid and u necessary.

Most of the journalists were flattered to feel that they had annoyed Axl that much that he felt the need to name them on a gigantic multi platinum selling album. For anyone who has reached puberty, the song is excruciatingly embarrassing and childish.

• Like 3

I imagine if Axl ever wrote Get In The Ring Part 2 at this point it would take up an entire side of the album.

Then when he finally reaches a point of some self awareness, Get In The Ring Part 3 will last for 12 seconds and just be him saying "Actually I think the problem may be with me"

• Like 2

Get In The Ring Part 3 will last for 12 seconds and just be him saying "Actually I think the problem may be with me"

"I'm sorry to you and sorry for me, my mommy turned me against you and won't set me free."

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1

Get In The Ring Part 3 will last for 12 seconds and just be him saying "Actually I think the problem may be with me"

"I'm sorry to you and sorry for me, my mommy turned me against you and won't set me free."

Because she don't want to do it

Wasn't the song put together by Duff and somebody else and they talked Axl into singing it?

As Duff said, it was his song first, then Axl added some lyrics and made it to this personal little war song against people in the press he had problems with.

Axl has talked about this in an MTV interview and he said he was encouraged to the rant about media people by none other than Duff and Slash.

Axl went on to say when GITR was put out on the UYI albums and he stared getting heat for it everyone else in the band stepped away and let him take all the heat.

Yes Axl did say this but is it true I don't know.

As far as what fucked GNR was in the end GNR not the media. Two huge egos being Axl and Slash in the same band will do one of two things work together and make great music or implode and implode is exactly what happened. Slash and Axl both are to blame for that not just the popular choice of saying Axl was the one who broke GNR up. When Izzy left the band the voice of reason between Axl and Slash was gone and they couldn't make it work, it is not Izzy fault he done what he felt he had to do but neither Axl or Slash stepped up to make it work.

• Like 2

When that song came out print journalists had a lot more influence and especially people like Bob Guccione. I loved that song when i was 11 listening to the album when it came out but listening to it now I can't believe it was written by grown adults. It seems so petty. It's hard to think that the people behind them publications that got a thorough sagging wouldn't hold a grudge I think it's a big part of why gnr went out of fashion.

Ive got a book by Mick Wall called the most dangerous band in the world and he comes across as a passionate devout fan and he gets great access to the band. He does nothing but praise them and how great they are. He wrote about Axl offering out Vincent Neill but that's because it happened and he is a journalist so he reported it. I don't know what the others did to piss gnr off so badly but i think writing a song specifically about a group of journalists was a bit stupid and u necessary.

Axl mentioed on a recent interview (if my memory serves me well) that he felt like he was left alone by the band when it came to taking the shit for this song... maybe someone can find that quote, I am not sure where to find it

I think that hurted the band more than anything that you mention

I still think it is a great song

Get in the Ring is not the best guns n roses songB

But still sounds a million times better than pretty much anything recorded by any rock band on the last 20 years...

The instrumental demo shows how great the song is even without Axl vocals...

• Like 1

Get In The Ring didn't hurt the band at all at the time. If anything, the kids loved it and it gave the band more PR.

Axl mentioed on a recent interview (if my memory serves me well) that he felt like he was left alone by the band when it came to taking the shit for this song... maybe someone can find that quote, I am not sure where to find it

This is where you find song quotes: http://www.a-4-d.com/t126-get-in-the-ring#144

• Like 2