Disheartening Adler interview - Slash/Duff doubt sobriety

Here was what stands out to me with his clearly damaged outlook

"I would probably feel like I would wanna kill myself, but I wouldn't. I would probably just kill them. [Laughs] 'Cause if I'm not doing it, they're not doing it. If I'm going down, they're going down."

Sounds like something a sane sober person would say

• Like 3

I love that Adler admitted he would not be able to keep it a secret. My guess is they will give him a shot and have him play on some Appetite tunes with Sorum doing extra percussion like on the HAF performance. I suspect Sorum would do most of the heavy lifting for the tour.

Basically just to see all those original guys get on stage to perform together one more time is good enough for me.

I like how were are assuming that a reunion is a reality.

but really what else do we got to look forward to?

NuGNR is dead in the water and i don't see Axl scouting talent anymore

i think its reunion or bust at this point

Edited by -HollywoodRose-

I like how were are assuming that a reunion is a reality.

but really what else do we got to look forward to?

NuGNR is dead in the water and i don't see Axl scouting talent anymore

i think its reunion or bust at this point

wise words. And if there would be a full retirement of Axl and his GN'R he would tell the world... i mean he always tells when something needs to be told

Brian is just flat out amazing even comparing him to any other GN'R drummer is insulting to his skills.

I doubt Axl will sign to make it AFD lineup reunion

- he will be one against whole band

- Adler is just unreliable

- Izzy isn't a safe bet either

So I guess it will be something like Axl, Slash, Duff + Frank/Brian + Fortus with some Izzy guest performances. If it happens of course.

How could anybody have faith in Adler he is just crazy and I get an impression that he is just 8year old child in old body. I think if there is a deal for reunion they will have to eliminate guys like Izzy or Adler as they can blow out whole thing.

Edited by eye2eye

Adler is like Dave Mustaine.

He's just always going to be hurting, showing signs of rejection and going back and forth between being vulnerable and arrogant. It'd be cool if Duff got him to do that whole routine he did for Scott Weiland.

Edited by Ant
  • Like 2

He was great in Guns, his big smile etc....but drugs ruined his whole deal. Still like him and wish him the best, but no way he could survive a tour sober. Maybe a guest appearance at a gig or 2, that's it. Wouldn't be healthy for him.

And yeah- I doubt it's been 21 months sober. *I have no idea,. Don't know the dude, but just based on his track record.

Sadly I think leaving him out would not be healthy for him either. Can you imagine what would happen to Adler if the others reunited without him? Adler has literally been dreaming of a reunion since he was sacked!

Yeah well Axl would rather go with Matt than Steven.

Steven is a nice guy, I love him as a drummer, but he really needs to keep quiet in many cases, I can understand where he is coming from, he see's a friend in Slash and when Slash ignores him for whatever reasons, then Steven feels bad.

My suggestion to Steven would be that if you are actually sober and not going crazy, then give a call to duff and try to meet him, arrange for a couple of shows and show you are sober and all well.

I guess after reading this, Slash and Duff will keep more distance with Steven.

and the people who are saying Axl din't come to HOF cause of Steven, well I don't think so, he wouldn't have come anyways.

per haps but after adler caled the current lineup at the time scabs, until then axl was open minded to it

No, it was negotiations coming to a standstill with the rock hall about some inclusion of the current band that stopped Axl from going along to it. I'm sure he wasn't overly impressed by the scabs comment, but it was nothing new so I doubt he took too much notice or offence by it.

He was great in Guns, his big smile etc....but drugs ruined his whole deal. Still like him and wish him the best, but no way he could survive a tour sober. Maybe a guest appearance at a gig or 2, that's it. Wouldn't be healthy for him.

And yeah- I doubt it's been 21 months sober. *I have no idea,. Don't know the dude, but just based on his track record.

Sadly I think leaving him out would not be healthy for him either. Can you imagine what would happen to Adler if the others reunited without him? Adler has literally been dreaming of a reunion since he was sacked!

There's truth to that, but if you're gonna put that band back together do you really want a member who's that unstable joining you? I think they would have enough trouble with the rest of the guys (mainly Axl). I don't think holding a reunion hostage to Stevens sobriety / sanity is fair though! IF Steven proves himself trust worthy and in the event of a reunion, he would most likely end up on stage with them at some point or another, maybe a once off or a full run... but he would need to exercise some restraint before that can happen - no shooting his mouth off, and no drugs or alcohol.

Awwwww poor Steven...

Seriously? Own up to yourself. No way he could jandle a reunion tour.

I still like Steven and was happy for him at the HOF, but his comments around then were terrible. And after all hes been through, he shouldn't act like 21 months is an accomplishment. Well, maybe he should, but why should others after all his relapses?

Stoll wish him the best

Edited by ZoSoRose

I think they would have to put him on suicide watch and I'm not kidding at all.