Is the CD-era over?

Are they trying to add songs to it so it's stronger? Include Ballad of Death, Better remix, Goin' Down, Fortus/Slash song.

Perhaps not even songs. Layers and layers of Pitmans on Slash's riff idea thingy and you can barely, just barely hear a faint guitar and it's Paul Huge playing the riff backwards.

Edited by Rovim

ha CD era as if there ever was one...besides 2002 which lasted all of 2 months

Agreed. All those epic 2006/2007/2010 shows and the album itself and another ready to go is not enough to be called the Chinese era. From Bucket to Bumble and everything in between was not an era, and it wasn't Chinese.

oh ya totally! im sure all of the orginal GNR fans (90% of true fans)/general population) that thought gnr died after 95 really knew about all those 'epic' shows of hired guns would consider a truly subpar album miliked to the fucking bone an era

yeah buddy....

oh ya totally! im sure all of the orginal GNR fans (90% of true fans)/general population) that thought gnr died after 95 really knew about all those 'epic' shows of hired guns would consider a truly subpar album miliked to the fucking bone an era

yeah buddy....

People still pay to go see Axl's band live. They did in the years I've specified as well, and he delivered. "Buddy".

yeah buddy....

People still pay to go see Axl's band live. They did in the years I've specified as well, and he delivered. "Buddy".

maybe he delivered a bit

but not an era

more of a blip...buddy lol

maybe he delivered a bit

but not an era

I don't know motherfucker... seems to me he was pretty tight vocally in those years yo. He toured Chinese for a while and sang every song well. I guess you could say it was a Chinese Blipmocracy.

Edited by Rovim

maybe he delivered a bit

but not an era

I don't know motherfucker... seems to me he was pretty tight vocally in those years yo. He toured Chinese for a while and played every song well. I guess you could say it was a Chinese Bliptocracy.

lol

sure, now change the topic to Chinese Bliptocracy.Era Over? LMAO

But we know Axl has said he finds it hard to let go. His quote to Del says it all "Depends how you look at it" it's never really finished you just have release it eventual, or not.

Brian May said that Axl reminds him of Freddie in that he is "utterly meticulous". Brain talked about how Axl spotted a tiny mistake in his drumming.

Alice Cooper has said on laying down his vocals to The Garden that he thought to himself "at some point it's got to be good enough" after doing many, many takes.

And Chinese sounds like the work of a man that could barely let go of it. Robin had to convince him to release This I Love, probably because of it's deep meaning to Axl, almost intimate.

Maybe that's a good example that shows how attached he is to his songs, and maybe to the process itself. Even if he described getting Chinese done as a nightmare.

Edited by Rovim

But we know Axl has said he finds it hard to let go. His quote to Del says it all "Depends how you look at it" it's never really finished you just have release it eventual, or not.

Brian May said that Axl reminds him of Freddie in that he is "utterly meticulous". Brain talked about how Axl spotted a tiny mistake in his drumming.

Alice Cooper has said on laying down his vocals to The Garden that he thought to himself "at some point it's got to be good enough" after doing many, many takes.

And Chinese sounds like the work of a man that could barely let go of it. Robin had to convince him to release This I Love, probably because of it's deep meaning to Axl, almost intimate.

Maybe that's a good example that shows how attached he is to his songs, and maybe to the process itself. Even if he described getting Chinese done as a nightmare.

i thought of this today actually when listening to nighttrain, you can hear axl humming almost in barritone as an extra bass, this was an extra touch that is awesome indeed, post adler, axl lost his head a bit and was too finicky it seems, chinese democracy is crap, overproduced

i actually really liked the live beaten down versions prior to the CD release such as madagascar in RIO 2001

if you look up the word overproduction in the dictionary - there is a picture of CD

You can't just remove Bucket and Robin from the material without paying them some royalties.

I don't care what legal "employee" fuckery Axl pulled in the past, he can't get out of that.

He can do whatever he wants with it. He owns it. He already paid Bucket and Robin for their services. And Izzy said Axl asked him to give him Down By The Ocean.

i thought of this today actually when listening to nighttrain, you can hear axl humming almost in barritone as an extra bass, this was an extra touch that is awesome indeed, post adler, axl lost his head a bit and was too finicky it seems, chinese democracy is crap, overproduced

i actually really liked the live beaten down versions prior to the CD release such as madagascar in RIO 2001

if you look up the word overproduction in the dictionary - there is a picture of CD

Personally I love the production on Chinese. I think it sounds great. Only song I would trade productions with is Catcher, but the studio version has it's qualities as well and I love it, even if it's not as magical as the demo was imo.

Edited by Rovim

The record company technically owns the material.

It depends on the legal language of their contracts but for the songs that Robin/Bucket wrote, they'll be credited at a minimum.

I wouldn't be surprised if he did remove them in non-essential parts but it's hard to imagine wholesale re-recording on those "Bucket" and "Robin" songs.

We'll see.

Axl has total control of what makes it to the album and everything recorded in the vault is under his full artistic control. Example: last moment inclusion of This I Love. I trust Axl to use what's good.

Edited by Rovim

The record company technically owns the material.

It depends on the legal language of their contracts but for the songs that Robin/Bucket wrote, they'll be credited at a minimum.

I wouldn't be surprised if he did remove them in non-essential parts but it's hard to imagine wholesale re-recording on those "Bucket" and "Robin" songs.

We'll see.

Axl has total control of what makes it to the album and everything recorded in the vault is under his full artistic control. Example: last moment inclusion of This I Love. I trust Axl to use what's good.

pro tools is not artistry, the 5 in that shitty rehearsal room of hookers is

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

You would assume so - all this hinges on the contract of course - however record companies can piss and moan through AaR representatives and such like and have in the past been known to veto releases. According to Stinson, this was one of the reasons why Chinese Democracy was delayed.

The recording studio is an instrument too. Pro Tools is at the center of it for many musicians. So yes it is, at least in some way.

Did what Axl and caram accomplished with copy/paste and Catcher's guitar solo was art? I think it was. They said something musically which was constructed using a software, but there was an artistic process there as well like note choices and all sorts of shit.

Edited by Rovim

The recording studio is an instrument too. Pro Tools is at the center of it for many musicians. So yes it is, at least in some way.

Did what Axl and caram accomplished with copy/paste and Catcher's guitar solo was art? I think it was. They said something musically which was constructed using a software, but there was an artistic process there as well like note choices and all sorts of shit.

i don't understand how anyone who loved gnr back in the day could ever love CD as well

i don't understand how anyone who loved gnr back in the day could ever love CD as well

There are enough Guns elements I enjoy in CD and new elements to Chinese that compensate the lack of Slash, Izzy, Duff, and Steven.

Axl's voice is unique, so even if that was the only thing there to enjoy, I would have probably still liked the album. But I think it's got everything a great album needs to have, regardless of the differences between it to old Guns.

Edited by Rovim

There are enough Guns elements I enjoy in CD and new elements to Chinese that compensate the lack of Slash, Izzy, Duff, and Steven.

Axl's voice is unique, so even if that was the only thing there to enjoy, I would have probably still liked the album. But I think it's got everything a great album needs to have, regardless of the differences between it to old Guns.

yes but were talking music though

its an axl solo CD with mass over production

not quite easy to listen to regardless of his unique voice

Uh, maybe a broad music taste could explain it? Besides GNR I like stuff like Aphex Twin and all kinds of different music styles. IMO CD isn't that different compared to old GNR. It has pretty much everything that I loved about old GNR except rawness.

All I'm bothered about is as much music as possible. Good, bad, indifferent... I just want at least the opportunity to hear more Guns material and be able to debate its merits, or not.

Best scenario for me therefore would be "CD2" or whatever it's called released, either as an album or box set, with Robin and Bucket, then (assuming the reunion is true) a reunion album after that.

• Like 1

All I'm bothered about is as much music as possible. Good, bad, indifferent... I just want at least the opportunity to hear more Guns material and be able to debate its merits, or not.

Best scenario for me therefore would be "CD2" or whatever it's called released, either as an album or box set, with Robin and Bucket, then (assuming the reunion is true) a reunion album after that.

Yeah, I'd like "the vault" to be cleared out UYI style, and keep it as original/streamlined as possible...as in, no Ron, Frank and #demented.