The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

Hey journalists! Pick this up:

Next year will see the long-awaited reunion between Axl and legendary GN'R guitarist Buckethead. The reunion will consist of a massive tour of Norway hitting all major markets, including Brønnøysund and Sandnesjøen. The tour will be followed by a live DVD and 2 new records of original material recorded before the release of Chinese Democracy in 2008.

You can quote me on that. That's Soul Monster with capital S and M.

Hope they play Vinstra contry festival;)

Well, do I have lucky news for you! I can't go out with specifics on this, but industry rumours are saying that the opening slot for the Norwegian sensation Hellbillies on the first and only day of Vinstra country festival has not been booked yet, and that there is a preeeeety good chance it will be GN'R! This is further strengthened by the fact that GN'R will play at the open air Fårikålfestivalen at nearby Ringebu only two days before Vinstra, and that the band is speculated to take on a residency at "Skifer'n Bar & Restaurant" in Otta the week after.

That site is so dreadful.

Next year will see the long-awaited reunion between Axl and legendary GN'R guitarist Buckethead. The reunion will consist of a massive tour of Norway hitting all major markets, including Brønnøysund and Sandnesjøen. The tour will be followed by a live DVD and 2 new records of original material recorded before the release of Chinese Democracy in 2008.

I love Buckethead. I was just in Norway. Beautiful country. very nice people. Hated the food. How anybody can eat reindeer and pilot whale is beyond me. But to each their own.

I'll go to England this summer if this proves to be right...

This is my first post in years. Speaks volumes about the current optimism.

Even my non-GNR friends mentions this reunion. It's gone mainstream.

Axl is also "on a strict" diet, according to Slash's brother. Why would he care so much about his weight and condition all of a sudden? If it wasn't to run about on stage and snakedance as much as possible for a 50+ man.

I truly think Axl would put a 110% effort into it. His personal pride never really shone through in New GnR.

Ill think you'll find Slash's brother was being smart arse

I think he was being kind of a douche.

thats me (with the blonde girl) on the bottom right hand corner

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Actually that baby grim reaper is my Day of the dead tribute to Eazy E.

I love Buckethead. I was just in Norway. Beautiful country. very nice people. Hated the food. How anybody can eat reindeer and pilot whale is beyond me. But to each their own.

I am sorry to hear they didn't prepare Rudolph and Willy properly for you, usually they taste delicious!

I am sorry to hear they didn't prepare Rudolph and Willy properly for you, usually they taste delicious!

Didn't eat them . Actually didn't eat much of anything on that trip.

I'd be surprised if a European tour turned out to be the usual festival circuit. I might be wrong, but i'd have thought they stand to make more money by signing an exclusive with one promoter. A lot of legacy acts have turned to the festival circuit over the years due to saturation in the market, but a reunion surely merits its own standalone tour.

I get why they'd do the two biggest festivals; Glasto and Coachella, as headline spots generate so much buzz and actually influence the sales of a bands back catalogue and tour dates surrounding the appearance, but aside from that, i'm sure they'd be better off just doing their own sell out stadium shows instead of doing the usual rounds such as Reading, Rock AM Ring etc etc

As much as i hate Wembley Stadium for gigs, there would be something very special about a sell out two nights.

Oh wow.. Quoting people on a forum. What did you people start lmao?!?!

Think I've lost all respect for alternative nation now and it goes to show their may be no truth whatsoever to these hybrid rumors..

Out of all these links the Bristol post is the only one that's legit, off the record. So... I guess the waits over then according to this. 8 Am Friday we should be getting a reunion announcement.

Looks like Santa finally came and put our presents under the Christmas tree. Wonder if we'll get to Christmas morning with no one peaking...

Edited by Billsfan

I'd be surprised if a European tour turned out to be the usual festival circuit. I might be wrong, but i'd have thought they stand to make more money by signing an exclusive with one promoter. A lot of legacy acts have turned to the festival circuit over the years due to saturation in the market, but a reunion surely merits its own standalone tour.

I get why they'd do the two biggest festivals; Glasto and Coachella, as headline spots generate so much buzz and actually influence the sales of a bands back catalogue and tour dates surrounding the appearance, but aside from that, i'm sure they'd be better off just doing their own sell out stadium shows instead of doing the usual rounds such as Reading, Rock AM Ring etc etc

As much as i hate Wembley Stadium for gigs, there would be something very special about a sell out two nights.

my guess at a potential euro tour (excluding festivals)

London (Wembly Stadium)

Manchester (Etihad Stadium)

Glasgow (Hampton Park)

Cardiff (the indoor stadium)

Ireland (Slane/Croke Park/Aviva Stadium)

Paris (Stade De France)

Madrid

Lisbon

Berlin

Munich

Warsaw

Amsterdam

Rome

Milian

Moscow

Oslo

Helsinki

Stockholm

Bucket and Finck's silence is very telling. Maybe one of them will be playing with the hybrid line up in Vegas for the AFD residency.

I could see a last minute announcement for The Joint on New Years or an unannounced club show (but word would spread fast).

I read they're not doing another Sunset Strip Music Festival because they've been losing money but a GNR reunion being the last band to do it would be pretty cool.

It seems to me this is still all based on Slash saying he was friendly with Axl, followed by one source saying a reunion is happening. All the other sources seem to be copying that, and throwing a little bit of the GNR twitter account at it. I really don't think is going to happen.

• Like 1

It seems to me this is still all based on Slash saying he was friendly with Axl, followed by one source saying a reunion is happening. All the other sources seem to be copying that, and throwing a little bit of the GNR twitter account at it. I really don't think is going to happen.

Yeah, it's a little out of hand.

Holy mother of god. Some of you are actually posting your fantasy reunion touring schedules, which others here are then taking as fact.

This is psychotic. Slash said he's cool with Axl now.

Literally NOTHING else has been said or done. Nothing!!

• Like 3

Holy mother of god. Some of you are actually posting your fantasy reunion touring schedules, which others here are then taking as fact.

I've said this countless times and gotten repeatedly flamed. Don't bother trying to bring reason to a speculation fight. You'll lose every time.

Now that we know the music press is using us as a source we want to see what ridiculous stuff we can get them to report as fact ;)

Out of all these links the Bristol post is the only one that's legit, off the record. So... I guess the waits over then according to this. 8 Am Friday we should be getting a reunion announcement.

Looks like Santa finally came and put our presents under the Christmas tree. Wonder if we'll get to Christmas morning with no one peaking...

The article has been pulled (which even raises my eyebrow, and I'm as cynical about this as anyone) - what did it say? Did it actually have new info, or just more of the same speculating?

What if Axl is afraid of if the reunion with slash scheduled, he will die before the day they play together on stage. Because, before, he said that reunion is "not in this lifetime".

Knowing that somehow, Axl may believe superstition like that would really happen. After they made the Don't Cry video, there is a footage of Axl (in 'Making Fuckin Video' or so) which Axl broke his fake tombstone, fearing that he will be dead soon if he did'nt destroy it.

Lol, i don't know i'm joking or not, but it made sense.... probably...

Yeah just maybe........

Bristol Post don't even get their local articles right, let alone something like that.

I'll knock on their door on my lunch break on Friday if there is no announcement.

Since my post got deleted without reason, without messaging me.

Calling TeamBrazil on their 2-4 months - it's 4 months on Saturday.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/212248-2-4-months-whats-the-news/page-1

Bristol Post don't even get their local articles right, let alone something like that.

I'll knock on their door on my lunch break on Friday if there is no announcement.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/212248-2-4-months-whats-the-news/page-1

If you believed that 2-4 month shit, I have a bridge to sell you. #4HourMeetingStartsNow

If you believed that 2-4 month shit, I have a bridge to sell you. #4HourMeetingStartsNow

I don't, I just enjoy calling out bullshit. I bumped that thread to do exactly that, but the powers that be decided I should be silenced.