The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

does anyone think its funny that everyone is concearned about how Axl will look, hopin he has gone under a rigerous training program.. Yet he tweets his love for Taco Bell, which i presume is a fast food restaurant.

Edited by Axl_morris

But how much touring has he done since he left GN'R? plus that's from 1992 it doesn't mean that he still feels the same way and history shows us that he probably doesn't considering that most of the time he just appears as someone else's guest.

He has said he'd want to be part of any reunion, I'll try to find the quote. But he was positive about the idea.

he said it in 2008. i don't know if he still feels the same, or if he was sincere.

http://chinese-democracy.blogspot.com.es/2008/11/exclusive-interview-with-izzy-stradlin.html

Edited by supercool
  • Like 1

If Musicians do one thing, its PERFORM. You don't lose it or get over the idea, sometimes you need a break but that music is always there with you. The reason Izzy only guested was because he didn't want to step on the toes of the then current GNR members. The reason he didn't join Velvet Revolver is because he wanted to sing and not deal with an ego driven singer and the others wanted a more versatile singer than Izzy. Izzy is totally down to tour and be apart of this. He said himself that he's gotten a bad rap for the touring thing and its not true, I posted that 24 year old video because that's when people started to say he doesn't like to tour at the same time he said he has no problem touring.

If Musicians do one thing, its PERFORM. You don't lose it or get over the idea, s

Bullshit, I know so many musicians that hate touring and aren't even that fond of performing, but love creating music and writing songs.

I'm not saying that's the case with Izzy, I don't know the guy.

• Like 1

But how much touring has he done since he left GN'R? plus that's from 1992 it doesn't mean that he still feels the same way and history shows us that he probably doesn't considering that most of the time he just appears as someone else's guest.

Barely any! There was the original 1992-93 Ju Ju Hounds Tour which was fairly extensive in fairness (about 80 dates) then after that, just a minuscule Japanese tour in 2000.

So if he has been unwilling to tour for what 15 years now, aside from occasional dates here and there with ex band mates of GN'R, you seriously expect him to just go out to tour with said ex members around the globe just because... Reasons? I mean he's like a less productive non virtuoso version of Buckethead, he'll release whatever he feels like releasing but will do very little effort to promote it or tour behind it.

If Musicians do one thing, its PERFORM. You don't lose it or get over the idea, sometimes you need a break but that music is always there with you. The reason Izzy only guested was because he didn't want to step on the toes of the then current GNR members. The reason he didn't join Velvet Revolver is because he wanted to sing and not deal with an ego driven singer and the others wanted a more versatile singer than Izzy. Izzy is totally down to tour and be apart of this. He said himself that he's gotten a bad rap for the touring thing and its not true, I posted that 24 year old video because that's when people started to say he doesn't like to tour at the same time he said he has no problem touring.

Totally agree. So as I already said before, there are no reasons for him not being in the reunited band

If Musicians do one thing, its PERFORM. You don't lose it or get over the idea, s

Bullshit, I know so many musicians that hate touring and aren't even that fond of performing, but love creating music and writing songs.

Ask yourself this...has Izzy any reason to extensively tour since Guns? lol

But with that said I bet he's toured more than you all think!

http://www.izzystradlinontour.com/2012.htm

No musician worth a fuck that I know doesn't like to tour! lol

Drummer is the most important thing when it comes to playing live shows. Drummer can NOT fuck up, not one beat. He/she must be the most reliable member of the band. Every other member must have 100% trust to him, especially basist. Guitarist can fuck up and the song goes on etc. If you are the band planning to play stadium shows all over the world......are you gonna hire steven adler to do the job!? Lol.

Frank is the drummer.

Axl

Slash

Fortus

Duff

Fortus

Frank

Dizzy

Pitman

(Mystery Guitarist).

You need to mention the members of REAL Guns N' Roses first, then you mention the hired hands.

Really...That is small minded. You are better than that.

BTW all we know the mystery player could be Izzy.

Slash will bring Bad Obsession, Double Talkin Jive, The Godfather theme surely?

bad obsession would be cool,who should play the harmonica? And Axl ranting about someone in politics maybe before Double Talkin lieeees no more patience you dig what i'm saying homefuck aaaaaawww

Totally agree!!! I'm a musician, already recorded three albums and at the time i'm releasing singles every month and i'm not that fond of performing live, because, different factors (maine one, stage fright) but i love creating music. Writing songs and the idea of explore different sounds and create something new is the most regarding thing to me. so...

Mitch Lafon tweeted that he predicts Dave Kushner will be involved.And Dave tweeted some mysterious shit last days. Dave has nothing to do with GNR, I really like the guy though.But I just think that if Axl wanted so bad to have a 3rd guitarist, why not Gilby ?

Mitch Lafon tweeted that he predicts Dave Kushner will be involved.And Dave tweeted some mysterious shit last days. Dave has nothing to do with GNR, I really like the guy though.But I just think that if Axl wanted so bad to have a 3rd guitarist, why not Gilby ?

VR without a vocalist

GNR without 2 guitarrists

"Hybrid line up"

Dave Kushner rumor about him being onboard

Could them just mix it up and put a 2h30 show with axl singing some VR tunes, Slash/Duff playing some CD songs, AFD with Steven, UYI songs with Sorum. A big party, like King Of Chaos?

Edited by RnT
  • Like 1

VR without a vocalist

"Hybrid line up"

Could them just mix it up and put a 2h30 show with axl singing some VR tunes, Slash/Duff playing some CD songs, AFD with Steven, UYI songs with Sorum. A big party, like King Of Chaos?

if matt and kushner are on board it's more a vr reunion...that would be the funniest thing ever...imagine axl telling kimmel that he will join velvet revolver for a reunion tour...

gnr with matt, kushner, slash and duff is nearly impossible cause he has no supporters in conflict situations in that squad...it would be team brazil vs. velvet revolver.

Edited by maxpax

VR without a vocalist

"Hybrid line up"

if matt and kushner are on board it's more a vr reunion...that would be the funniest thing ever...imagine axl telling kimmel that he will join velvet revolver for a reunion tour...

gnr with matt, kushner, slash and duff is nearly impossible cause he has no supporters in conflict situations in that squad...it would be team brazil vs. velvet revolver.

He's got mother goose, and his vote trumps all.

Drummer is the most important thing when it comes to playing live shows. Drummer can NOT fuck up, not one beat. He/she must be the most reliable member of the band. Every other member must have 100% trust to him, especially basist. Guitarist can fuck up and the song goes on etc. If you are the band planning to play stadium shows all over the world......are you gonna hire steven adler to do the job!? Lol.

Frank is the drummer.

Axl

Slash

Fortus

Duff

Fortus

Frank

Dizzy

Pitman

(Mystery Guitarist).

You need to mention the members of REAL Guns N' Roses first, then you mention the hired hands.

Really...That is small minded. You are better than that.

BTW all we know the mystery player could be Izzy.

No, it isn't. There's an order for things, that's called "hierarchy." It's like mentioning the one who cleans the toilet before the ones who run the company. :)

If Izzy is there, Fortus won't be there. REAL Guns N' Roses never needed a third guitarist. I find it very weird that Izzy would pop up as a guest but wouldn't reunite with the guys for a tour.

If there is a 3rd guitarist, then this thing will be just NuGNR hiring Slash and Duff. There was no need of a 3rd guitarist, a bald drummer and a retarded man on a wobbling keyboard in the Guns N' Roses which I knew.

• Like 2

Izzy has released eleven solo albums between 1992 and 2010 and only one of them possessed a tour: the first one. Not including an one off gig or two in Japan in 2000, that would seem to suggest that there were ten reasons ''to extensively tour since Guns'' that were unfulfilled.

Izzy is my favourite band member and I have every one of his solo albums and I am in no doubt that he has an aversion to touring. I have been waiting for him to play live for years.

I just have to ask... what the fuck are you laughing out loud for?

Also, apparently you don't know many musicians, a lot of them don't care for touring and it's not up to you to make a judgement call. Don't be ignorant.

Edited by EvanG

The Kushner and Matt thing make me want to just wait till the official announcement. By all accounts, that came out of nowhere, so it just proves how out of the loop some people are or how easy it is to lie about this stuff. It has annoyed me over the months when stuff happens and all of a sudden people are like "well that makes sense with the information I was given." I get that some people know, but stuff like Dave and Matt people are lying if they heard they were on board. No one was reporting that. And it makes me think there could be other things reported wrong, which is why its just easier to wait and see what Axl says cause I don't think I'd trust anything else.