Vicky Hamilton" I was texting with Slash and he says the GN'R tour isnt happening"

Right, because I'm sure if a reunion really was happening that Slash would be willing to just come clean and admit that there was to anybody who just happened to ask him.

Obviously, even if a reunion was happening, nobody in the band would admit it until an official announcement was made. All these supposed comments mean absolutely nothing.

Slash is currently in a divorce. Of course he will deny it. He cannot say a damn thing for legal reasons. Perla's lawyers would be all over it for more money!

This is probably the most plausible thought about Vicki's "comments" in this entire thread.

Yep. from what i've heard it's been a nasty divorce that they have kept away from the media. I've heard some details but i'm not going to spill them on a forum. They are keeping things civil for the kids but have very little face to face contact.

Yep this is what I was thinking as well. My theory is they had been planning the reunion for a long time, finalized it recently and was going to make an announcement soon. Then the divorce lawyers smelled the blood in the water and got greedy hearing about all the excitement around the world and how much it could potentially make. That put the breaks on everything and it's going to be on hold for a while. Hope I'm wrong. Always follow the money.

I think I know how these rumors get started, offeres come in and their lawyers start going back and forth with the numbers and details and their co workers see or hear about it and start talking about whats on the table to a friend and then it gets to the tabloids and they run with it. Also you have other musicians that will speculate and people think that they know what their talking about because they might know some of the members of the band.

• Like 1

Slash is currently in a divorce. Of course he will deny it. He cannot say a damn thing for legal reasons. Perla's lawyers would be all over it for more money!

This is probably the most plausible thought about Vicki's "comments" in this entire thread.

smartest thing i've ever heard in this forum ----- misinformation to cover the assets

didnt someone just say that once the divorce is filed you cant claim on money past that point? You cant tell me one of you hasnt got divorced. mygnr should be ashamed. Nobody listened to YCBM and was inspired to become a divorce lawyer?

• Like 1

smartest thing i've ever heard in this forum ----- misinformation to cover the assets

Real life has a lot to answer for when you are only just trying to move on i guess

Yep. from what i've heard it's been a nasty divorce that they have kept away from the media. I've heard some details but i'm not going to spill them on a forum. They are keeping things civil for the kids but have very little face to face contact.

there is no way she can claim part of his _future_ earnings.

even if we assume that marriage is a job (which is not, but for sake of an argument; as in mind of a gold-digger it is) - once you get fired you don't get a paycheck, right?

my impression is that Vicky is talking about immediate/any day now announcement/tour. most of the rumors, except for the recent one ("in a matter of days") were referring to 2016 or future (months). so she texts him in the context of "right now" and got the reply. also, Slash is a dude who lives in a moment, so if the time frame is ambiguous, he is thinking "right now"...

Gotta love private texting into a public post....

Do you know that Slash didn't tell her to post it?
Couldnt Slash just tweet that himself? Why would he have Vicky do it? Just doesnt really make sense.
Possibly.

Or possibly not.

It's all complete speculation.

Maybe Slash's twitter finger is injured.

one day Axl is going to show up on stage at a slash show...and it will be great. It would be awesome. People of the world would be happy. planets will align.

Sadly, I think that will happen before we see what Axl has produced in the last twenty years besides ChiDem.

I'd rather see Axl sing with Adele. EPIC.

slash is smart. he does one-offs with very popular singers.

Axl should do an Adele song. make your jokes

Rolling in the Cringe.
  • Like 1

didnt someone just say that once the divorce is filed you cant claim on money past that point? You cant tell me one of you hasnt got divorced. mygnr should be ashamed. Nobody listened to YCBM and was inspired to become a divorce lawyer?

Generally once there is a legal date of separation one spouse has no claim on money earned after that date.

Generally once there is a legal date of separation one spouse has no claim on money earned after that date.
This guy right here, I believe this guy.

Couldnt Slash just tweet that himself? Why would he have Vicky do it? Just doesnt really make sense.

Idk, he just tweeted last night. Seems to be working fine.

He is a trooper.

Did he post a rant about Vicky betraying his trust? Surely he must have addressed her blatant lie.

He is a trooper.

Did he post a rant about Vicky betraying his trust? Surely he must have addressed her blatant lie.

Im never said shes lying. Slash may very well have told her that, but he also could have been telling her a little white lie. Like i said, with a $100 million dollar reunion, hes not gonna have Vicky Hamilton break the news that its true if it is. There will be a proper announcement with full details before you see anyone like Slash, Duff, or even Axl confirm it themselves. This is how Guns have operated for the last 20 years. Complete secrecy. Nothings confirmed until its 100% in place. Why would that change now for a reunion? Nevermind maybe one of the biggest in rock for the last 10-15 years. Edited by ChineseIRS

He is a trooper.

Im never said shes lying. Slash may very well have told her that, but he also could have been telling her a little white lie. Like i said, with a $100 million dollar reunion, hes not gonna have Vicky Hamilton break the news that its true if it is. There will be a proper announcement with full details before you see anyone like Slash, Duff, or even Axl confirm it themselves. This is how Guns have operated for the last 20 years. Complete secrecy. Nothings confirmed until its 100% in place. Why would that change now for a reunion? Nevermind maybe one of the biggest in rock for the last 10-15 years.

?

tbh as big of a fan as I am, I'm not really up for reunion

mickey axl is just gonna embarrass himself and slash will look like he's playing the worst shows ever

Axl really is the wild card here.. We know the band can still play but Axl is a far cry from what he used to be.. His voice and stage presence have been awful.. If it happens I just hope he gets in shape and gives it all he's got.. Hopefully he is working out with Duff right now!

tbh as big of a fan as I am, I'm not really up for reunion

mickey axl is just gonna embarrass himself and slash will look like he's playing the worst shows ever

Axl really is the wild card here.. We know the band can still play but Axl is a far cry from what he used to be.. His voice and stage presence have been awful.. If it happens I just hope he gets in shape and gives it all he's got.. Hopefully he is working out with Duff right now!

I agree, I'd love to see him in great shape. And I've always said they've never reunited cause Axl knows he'll be the worst of the bunch.

Honestly, I don't know how that won't be possible. And as sad as it is, I'd like to see them play together and Axl sound terrible than not play ever again at all. Maybe not tour if Axl sounds horrible, but I want to see Axl and Slash on the same stage. Maybe thats irrational, but I don't care how they sound, but I want to know they've moved past the feud. I'd be able to live with it even if Axl sounded bad. But maybe I'm a special case in that regard. Just the want to see them together outweighs them actually sounding good.

There's a bootleg from the 70s of the only time John Lennon and Paul McCartney recorded together. And it sounds like crap and they're coked out of their minds. But it exists, and to means a lot. Its not a great comparison, because thats a special case where they sound bad, but its just getting to the point that it would be nice to have some sort of recording of them playing together one more time.

• Like 1

What if the planning for those earnings occurred before the separation?

In other words, if the processes of a reunion tour began before they separated, could Perla have any access to any revenue? Could that be what the lawyers are working through?