Are Axl's current vocals enough?

I think of Axl's voice of that of an elite Olympic athlete.

What, out of breath and grateful to be heard? :lol:

No,, something that is so special and intense like Hussein Bolt being the fastest man on earth. He may not be able to keep up that caliber of running his entire life, but he will always be a great runner.

I think you lost your grasp for reality.

Once, there was this movie with this guy crushed in a girl. To him she was the beauties woman around but in reality she was that fat, ugly girl.

It's like the distorted image you have of Axl. Time to wake up and smell the coffee, girl.

No,, something that is so special and intense like Hussein Bolt being the fastest man on earth. He may not be able to keep up that caliber of running his entire life, but he will always be a great runner.

Once, there was this movie with this guy crushed in a girl. To him she was the beauties woman around but in reality she was that fat, ugly girl.

It's like the distorted image you have of Axl. Time to wake up and smell the coffee, girl.

Actually SHALLOW HAL was a movie about seeing a persons inner beauty and the truth of a situation. In the end Hal and Rosalie got married.

Actually SHALLOW HAL was a movie about seeing a persons inner beauty and the truth of a situation. In the end Hal and Rosalie got married.

Dream on.

He got considerably better from March to June last year. By the last concerts there was more rasp, and it was almost as thick as it was in 2010, and he was using his chest voice again where he had been using head voice. I'd say that's a good sign.

Edited by MrSoftie

If he sounds amything like he did for the majority of 2011-2014, he will absolutely be the weakest link in whatever happens next.

I know you have been to more shows than me, the shows I went to, he sounded great in them, I know his voice has been shitty in many shows, but I watched those shitty shows on youtube, so like live also does it really sounds that bad, like is it obvious?

I think I saw them around 6 times between 2011 & 2012. I recorded most of the shows I went to and usually found that Axl didn't sound anywhere near as good as I thought he did when I was there.

I didn't record the worst show or the best show though which I'm kinda bummed about because I'd like to compare them.

I love your palace 2011 recording. Thanks for that. Great show and i think he sounds good on that one

If he sounds amything like he did for the majority of 2011-2014, he will absolutely be the weakest link in whatever happens next.

I know you have been to more shows than me, the shows I went to, he sounded great in them, I know his voice has been shitty in many shows, but I watched those shitty shows on youtube, so like live also does it really sounds that bad, like is it obvious?

I think I saw them around 6 times between 2011 & 2012. I recorded most of the shows I went to and usually found that Axl didn't sound anywhere near as good as I thought he did when I was there.

I didn't record the worst show or the best show though which I'm kinda bummed about because I'd like to compare them.

I love your palace 2011 recording. Thanks for that. Great show and i think he sounds good on that one

You're welcome!

I thought Axl sounded pretty good that night. My favorite part in that recording is when Better starts. You can hear my buddy scream "YES!!!" because he really, really wanted to hear it.

You guys are entitled to your opinions but Axl sucked at GG, a disastrous embarrassment he was. :)

Golden Gods along with RIRIV and Bridge School were truly awful moments. I found myself actually feeling bad for the dude at points in each. I've seen the guy be capable of so much more through the years.

Agreed with this completely. I think the 2011-2014 era were not good times for axl and it makes ya wonder how much he prepared for those shows (I know LOL) and it makes you wonder. I thought initially in both the 2006 and 2009/2010 runs he sounded fine.

That being said, I think hearing things like axl being on a strict diet tells me hes doing everything he can to prepare for this tour. So I would imagine he knows his voice needs to be better, and I would like to think he'd know enough not to reunite with the original lineup of GNR knowing the entire world would be watching just to present you with his best Mickey Mouse impersonation. He must believe it's possible given the right preparation that it'll all work out and he could get his voice to a solid point, at least enough to pull off this tour.

Or at least I hope so.. But we'll see. Gonna be a lot of pressure on him as well as the rest of the band to sound like the GNR we came to know and love.

Edited by Billsfan

You're welcome!

I thought Axl sounded pretty good that night. My favorite part in that recording is when Better starts. You can hear my buddy scream "YES!!!" because he really, really wanted to hear it.

Got a link to these videos Russ? I think I've finally found a gig I haven't heard/seen :P

You're welcome!

Got a link to these videos Russ? I think I've finally found a gig I haven't heard/seen :P

It's just audio but it's the entire show. I can throw it on my Dropbox folder tomorrow and shoot you a link.

You're welcome!

It's just audio but it's the entire show. I can throw it on my Dropbox folder tomorrow and shoot you a link.

Cheers dude!

Hussein, yes :lol:

Jesus

Christ

I'm surprised that people still answer to LEA, though

He is definitely an algorhitm programmed by TB

He's going to hit the stage breathing fire like a fucking dragon like he did in 2010! Only difference is this time Slash & Duff will be beside him!

That would be the best possible scenario

other than that, i would take a new UYI DVD over an half assed weak Axl vocals reunion any day of the week

If they releasing new music, i'm still not holding my breath to any great live performance in the future

You guys are entitled to your opinions but Axl sucked at GG, a disastrous embarrassment he was. :)

Golden Gods along with RIRIV and Bridge School were truly awful moments. I found myself actually feeling bad for the dude at points in each. I've seen the guy be capable of so much more through the years.

Who would have thought that one of the best frontmen in rock n' roll history would turn into a joke? The man is not 80 years old. He's still got time to kick some ass if he wanted to.

Rock In Rio and Bridge School were terrible performances, just terrible. People laughed at him. It was so embarrassing that I even felt bad for him at some point.

Who would have thought that one of the best frontmen in rock n' roll history would turn into a joke? The man is not 80 years old. He's still got time to kick some ass if he wanted to.

Rock In Rio and Bridge School were terrible performances, just terrible. People laughed at him. It was so embarrassing that I even felt bad for him at some point.

Axl is not a joke. And nobody has programmed me to do anything.

He is.

Not sure what programmed bullshit you're talking about.

He is.

Not sure what programmed bullshit you're talking about.

She talked about my discovery

:lol:

I am sure that he prepares himself vocally for a show.

That Rio show with all the rain was crazy. Personally I think it was too dangerous to perform on a stage with electrical equipment in all that rain.

Here's the thing though: every other band was able to perform just fine.

One thing I think people miss about the users on this board is that we all WANT to root for Axl. But when these flimsy excuses come up instead of just owning up to things it makes it really hard.

Funny how that works

You hit the nail on the head. Every other band was able to perform at a high level.

And how would some rain make a singer forget lyrics?

And Russ - what we have to do is remember that fans like LEO are operating on their own and have no connection with Axl or the band.

What posters like her DONT realize is the amount of negativity they bring to the fanbase and the band.

All of us are diehard GnR and Axl fans. But when posters like LEO make these absolutely ridiculous and outrageous excuses, it causes rational thinking people to react with a negative answer.

Even the biggest Axl fan in the world should be able to say that Rio, GG, MTV awards and the Neil Young shows were embarrassingly bad. That doesn't mean you aren't a fan. It means you speak the TRUTH.

Praising things that were clearly failures just makes the entire fan base start arguing.

It divides us all.....which is sad. Because we are all fans and we all want Axl to success.

• Like 2