Which Slash's songs post the GNR Era would you like to hear with Axl on vocals?

On 1/14/2016 at 10:55 AM, Free Bird said:

I don't wanna these songs be covered as they are.

I would like to here Axl's lyrics xnd melodies to some of them.

agree maybe snakepit stuff will work but Slash's stuff with Myles im not so sure about

allot of those songs seem taylor made for Myles' vocals/melodies not sure how much justice Axl could do to them..they just don't sound Axl-ish to me

maybe im totally wrong on that and Axl would kill them but i'd have to see/hear it first

Edited by -W.A.R-

Beggars was potentially GN'R's masterpiece of the mid '90s - dududu dudu dudu dudu, dududu dudu dudu dudee, what a bloody riff - yet W. Axl. Rose, dispensed with that magnificent riff (and his lead guitarist) and instead chose to spend the best part of the next twenty years adding flatulent sound FXs to piano ballads, and not releasing them regardless, so even if you prefer flatulence and piano over great rock n' roll you are not hearing it so sorry!

That riff is a beast of a riff. If Axl denied that Snakepit stuff he was an idiot, and if Duff did, he was still slugging Black Death Vodka. Any guitarist would sell his soul to write a riff as good as Beggars.

10 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Beggars was potentially GN'R's masterpiece of the mid '90s - dududu dudu dudu dudu, dududu dudu dudu dudee, what a bloody riff - yet W. Axl. Rose, dispensed with that magnificent riff (and his lead guitarist) and instead chose to spend the best part of the next twenty years adding flatulent sound FXs to piano ballads, and not releasing them regardless, so even if you prefer flatulence and piano over great rock n' roll you are not hearing it so sorry!

That riff is a beast of a riff. If Axl denied that Snakepit stuff he was an idiot, and if Duff did, he was still slugging Black Death Vodka. Any guitarist would sell his soul to write a riff as good as Beggars.

Beggars has a generic hard rock riff. Don't Damn Me has a beast of a riff.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sonofnazareth said:

Been There Lately, Back To The Moment, Mean Bone, Life's Sweet Drug.

Those are good choices, I wanted to pick a few of them, but I can't imagine Axl handling them. Rod was so huge, it's a shame another album didn't come from that line-up.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/3/2016 at 6:11 PM, -W.A.R- said:

agree maybe snakepit stuff will work but Slash's stuff with Myles im not so sure about

allot of those songs seem taylor made for Myles' vocals/melodies not sure how much justice Axl could do to them..they just don't sound Axl-ish to me

Totally agree