04/08/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

James Bond

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I didn't care that this wasn't the first show.. But after last nights events I am wishing I didn't get tickets.. I would have been more than content with just the one hometown show.

Really...why?  I thought Axl sounded great/good.   (From the snippets I have heard).   Tiny stage so no one could do much moving around,  1st time together in 23 years....   I think Vegas is gonna be magical. So are you selling your tickets?

im not gonna lie i was fuckin salty as hell when they annouced the show last night.  ibreally wanted to see theb1st show of them together.  But now i feel it has me even more excited.  Slash looked a little stiff up there so i think it was a good thing.  Just think when we see them they will be playing dl the amount or songs in an arena.  gonna be fuckin nuts.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gunsfanoldie said:

I agree I really thought Adler would be there. I can't tell now whether I think this means he's more or less likely to show up in Vegas. I know we weren't promised either of them in Vegas, but for a while it seemed Izzy probably would, now he's more out than in it seems. Then the possibly of Adler got stronger so that sort of made up for it. But now I'm not sure either shows up.

What I still don't get is WHY Adler didn't show up. Not because he should.... because it's always been "the three" announced.... but because I don't get why he is keeping so quiet then. It's so out of character and how he's been in the pat. I feel it must mean that either he is still going to show up (at Vegas I guess).... or maybe he's relapsed? But then if that were the case I think he'd be shouting his mouth off all over the place. Even though he wasn't there last night, I still feel like he will show... otherwise him being completely silent doesn't really add up to me.

6 minutes ago, Gilla999 said:

What I still don't get is WHY Adler didn't show up. Not because he should.... because it's always been "the three" announced.... but because I don't get why he is keeping so quiet then. It's so out of character and how he's been in the pat. I feel it must mean that either he is still going to show up (at Vegas I guess).... or maybe he's relapsed? But then if that were the case I think he'd be shouting his mouth off all over the place. Even though he wasn't there last night, I still feel like he will show... otherwise him being completely silent doesn't really add up to me.

My thoughts exactly. I think he has to show up SOMEWHERE at one of these April gigs. Like you said, I just wouldn't get the silence. Matt and Izzy have seprately answered questions on this, no matter how small and Steven has said nothing. There's no way NO ONE is trying to talk to him.

Either he has to be quiet cause he's in, he's NOT in and he's being paid to keep quiet and not whine about it, or worse case is that he's just relapsed, although I really think that ISN'T the case. Either way, I agree with you that the fact that he's not talking while the other two have has to mean something.

• Like 1

I think they will show and we'll see

the original lineup together. They are using the faces of original GnR for promotions. I remain hopeful Vegas has a surprise for is. Rumor last night was a back problem/surgery for Adler kept him sidelined. Who knows tho

22 hours ago, mikebones said:

I texted Eddie trunk on Twitter about his plans for Vegas and that's what he has told me about it 

hahaha he's gonna have drinks with the band in Vegas is what I am reading between the lines! any guesses as what bar Eddie will be at? and does anyone know where the band is staying? I promised Del on twitter i'd look for him and buy him a drink so....:P

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose
left out a word

As an update to my stub hub ticket fiasco. The ticket replacement team called me after having the issue escalated and has sent me a what I assume is valid ticket. He said this one came from one of their larger brokers with years of history so I'm sure it will be fine.

As I said earlier, the guy who sold this ticket had at least 6 others when I bought mine so i feel sorry for the other guys who don't know better who will show up at the arena on Saturday and have no choice but to accept a refund. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GNRSkidRow1 said:

He's saying the band won't be there with him..

guessing you don't do reading between the lines? js.... when someone specifically says something like that and was not asked there is a very good chanced they mean the opposite, and others have also made this comment so it could very well happen! hey I always believe the best is gonna happen, so putting it out there that I hope to run into Del, Eddie and maybe one or more GN'R members can't hurt! :P;):lol:

With all the excitement of GNR I had forgotten to book a hotel room for my first 2 nights in Vegas :rofl-lol: Just booked the Excalibur as it looks close enough to NYNY for the fan meetup, and Im staying at the NYNY on the night of the gigs so thought I'd book a different resort for my other nights. Can someone get me in the MGM Grand if we're having a meetup in there as I'm travelling solo and won't know anyone. Don't wanna miss out on the fun :)

Also somewhat worrying is that I haven't yet worked out how the hell I am actually gonna get home. I have a return flight to Dublin booked and land at midday on Monday, but there is no possible way for me to get back to Orkney that same day. I can get to the mainland UK alright, but the boat to my island doesn't leave until 5pm the following day so I'll need to camp in the Scottish Highlands for a night. Either that or stay in some shitty hotel charging more than the Vegas hotels for a fraction of the service. This is gonna be one hell of a journey lol. About 5 days of travel for 4 days in Vegas :lol:

All of this because I thought there was a very slim chance that Izzy and Adler would appear, but last nights show has deflated all of my optimism that I'll be seeing the AFD5 :(

Edited by downliner

3 hours ago, downliner said:

With all the excitement of GNR I had forgotten to book a hotel room for my first 2 nights in Vegas :rofl-lol: Just booked the Excalibur as it looks close enough to NYNY for the fan meetup, and Im staying at the NYNY on the night of the gigs so thought I'd book a different resort for my other nights. Can someone get me in the MGM Grand if we're having a meetup in there as I'm travelling solo and won't know anyone. Don't wanna miss out on the fun :)

Also somewhat worrying is that I haven't yet worked out how the hell I am actually gonna get home. I have a return flight to Dublin booked and land at midday on Monday, but there is no possible way for me to get back to Orkney that same day. I can get to the mainland UK alright, but the boat to my island doesn't leave until 5pm the following day so I'll need to camp in the Scottish Highlands for a night. Either that or stay in some shitty hotel charging more than the Vegas hotels for a fraction of the service. This is gonna be one hell of a journey lol. About 5 days of travel for 4 days in Vegas :lol:

All of this because I thought there was a very slim chance that Izzy and Adler would appear, but last nights show has deflated all of my optimism that I'll be seeing the AFD5 :(

I still have hopes we may see them, you never know.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kasanova King said:

I still have hopes we may see them, you never know.

I'll still have a blast at the forum meetup and 2 shows I'm sure :) I got a great deal on flights and gig tickets (both thanks to this forum ~ thanks @downzy & @Gilla999) and we were never promised Adler or Izzy so I can't be disgruntled if they don't show.

Izzy himself says he won't be involved, but some random dude on an internet forum that I've never met is saying otherwise..... fucking book that shit right now, just in case :lol:

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, downliner said:

Cheer up- we have the UYI line up with a diff drummer and no Gilby.  Calm down dude.....or stay home.

1 minute ago, Original said:

Cheer up- we have the UYI line up with a diff drummer and no Gilby.  Calm down dude.....or stay home.

What did I say wrong? :lol: My next post actually said I was looking forward to the gigs regardless of the lineup, and my original post didn't say anything in the slightest bit negative, just that I'd booked it hoping for the AFD5 ;)

• Like 2

15 hours ago, downliner said:

I'll still have a blast at the forum meetup and 2 shows I'm sure :) I got a great deal on flights and gig tickets (both thanks to this forum ~ thanks @downzy & @Gilla999) and we were never promised Adler or Izzy so I can't be disgruntled if they don't show.

Izzy himself says he won't be involved, but some random dude on an internet forum that I've never met is saying otherwise..... fucking book that shit right now, just in case :lol:

The more I think about it, the more I'm starting to realize that if they were to be involved in the tour as guest performers, how playing at the Troubadour may not have made sense at the time....from maybe the band's perspective.

I think we saw Guns N' Roses' official lineup last night and they want it to be known that this is the current incarnation of Guns N' Roses and that if they were to have others play with them, it would be as guest performers.  Now had they had Izzy and Adler play with them, fans would automatically assume they were in the band and would expect them as full time members in all their future tour dates.  By having one or maybe both make an appearance at Vegas,with a full production show, where they can clearly announce them as guest performers, would alleviate fan expectation of them being back in the band full time. 

Just a wild guess on my part and basically grasping at straws in order to keep my hopes up.....but like you said, I have no expectation of seeing either of them in Vegas.  I think having these three reunited is already extremely special and nothing many of us expected to happen less than a year ago.

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Ak1nney said:

All of you guys going to Vegas should be pumped. Last night was just a teaser, you're getting the real, full deal first. It will be worth it.

This. And we'll probably be hearing November Rain, don't cry, Estranged and many more for the first time 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Just a wild guess on my part and basically grasping at straws in order to keep my hopes up.....but like you said, I have no expectation of seeing either of them in Vegas.  I think having these three reunited is already extremely special and nothing many of us expected to happen less than a year ago.

That's funny, I said almost the exact same thing to my gf earlier today and she just laughed at me and said I was grasping at straws ^_^

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KiernanProud said:

This. And we'll probably be hearing November Rain, don't cry, Estranged and many more for the first time 

that is true.  we are going to hear alot of songs that havent been played together for 20+ yrs.  good stuff

• Like 1