04/08/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

James Bond

39 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

"You think Axl will now do paid meet and greets? I don't."

sadly I have to agree with this :(

And like someone once told me- you never want to meet your "hero".  It takes away the whole mystique etc....  Plus i think most big "stars" shy away from M & G's.  Jon BonJovi still does them though I guess, you are basically cattled in for a quick picture and gone.  Bieber just cancelled his because too many people were going all psycho on him.  Axl- a M & G just isn't how he rolls.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

My excitment for this show went from a 15 to a 2 over night.

Yep, same here. Especially with the announcement of 3 shows all within driving distance of me. From what I've seen, they sound great and I suspect Vegas will be even better, but its like the wind got knocked out of my sails. I don't know if its because I was expecting to see the first reunion show or if its the fact of what was supposed to be a solo trip has become a family vacation.  I'm sure once I get to Vegas my enthusiasm will go back up! 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, buzzsaw said:

I think the prices dropping is greatly exaggerated at this point - at least on Stub Hub.  None of the good seats are selling anywhere near face value.  $224 is the cheapest for Friday and Saturday was even higher.  If I get to Vegas though and I can pick up great seats for face value or less, I'd jump all over that even if I ate the price of my 226 seats.

We need our resident ticket salesman @Saltzy to chime in on the subject!

10 minutes ago, Ak1nney said:

Ticket prices coming down the week of is normal. Has nothing to do with the warm up gig ruining anything. 

I definitely think the fact that people now realize they have a show coming to their area has definitely affected those that might have jumped a last plane to Vegas. Again, maybe that hit isn't for the worse, but I definitely thought it would have an affect. The allure of Vegas is kind of gone for those that didn't have tickets as soon as you know they are coming to your town for the same price.

19 minutes ago, systronic said:

Yep, same here. Especially with the announcement of 3 shows all within driving distance of me. From what I've seen, they sound great and I suspect Vegas will be even better, but its like the wind got knocked out of my sails. I don't know if its because I was expecting to see the first reunion show or if its the fact of what was supposed to be a solo trip has become a family vacation.  I'm sure once I get to Vegas my enthusiasm will go back up! 

I understand why, but I'm still really excited for Vegas. Honestly, now that stadiums are announced and we know the prices, I'd rather see the Vegas shows, in an arena, first time back, if its gonna be the same price. That still seems like it'll be a much better show. I honestly have no plans to go to the shows near me because its just too much money in a massive stadium. If I already have the arena experience, I don't think they could top that.

1 hour ago, buzzsaw said:

I think the prices dropping is greatly exaggerated at this point - at least on Stub Hub.  None of the good seats are selling anywhere near face value.  $224 is the cheapest for Friday and Saturday was even higher.  If I get to Vegas though and I can pick up great seats for face value or less, I'd jump all over that even if I ate the price of my 226 seats.

Stubhub is still high because they take a percentage of your ticket. 15%. So you have to list it for that much more to just break even. Thats why you have so many tickets up there for $400. Cause those people still aren't making a profit. Tickets wouldn't go up for face value because then the seller is losing like $50 or so per ticket, which would suck for them. If you check Craigslist, which has no fees or anything, most are selling for close to face or under. The prices did drop GREATLY in the last week.

25 minutes ago, Original said:

And like someone once told me- you never want to meet your "hero".  It takes away the whole mystique etc....  Plus i think most big "stars" shy away from M & G's.  Jon BonJovi still does them though I guess, you are basically cattled in for a quick picture and gone.  Bieber just cancelled his because too many people were going all psycho on him.  Axl- a M & G just isn't how he rolls.  

Yeah, I'd never want to meet him in that setting. I don't really want to meet my heroes anyway, but I'd definitely prefer it to be a "run in" as opposed to something I paid for that they are obligated to attend.

I don't get the people that are disappointed that Vegas won't be "the 1st time they've played together in 23yrs" anymore.   YouTube video doesn't count for me, I will be LIVE in Vegas.   Also Friday night was 200 people, and I guarantee that wasn't their "1st time".   They no doubt have been rehearsing these last few months...in front of people (probably 10-20 friends, managers, family, TB etc...) so does the Troub not count too?    If anything after seeing the clips of the Troub I'm more excited for Vegas....if that's possible!

• Like 3

I was never into trying to score backstage passes or anything along those lines.  I've been in many VIP sections of clubs over the years and have met my fair share of celebrities.  But other than a casual hi, nice to meet you type thing, I never hung around and bombarded them with questions, etc.  I work with a quasi-celebrity now and treat her like anyone else.  You need to look at it from their point of view...anything you say to them, they've already heard a million times over and depending on the situation, they may not really be into hanging out with you.  So that's why I've always felt going nuts trying to score backstage passes, for a chance to meet and talk to someone that may not necessarily want to talk and hang out with me, is sort of awkward.  But I totally understand why many fans would die for the opportunity.  To each, their own.  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Original said:

I don't get the people that are disappointed that Vegas won't be "the 1st time they've played together in 23yrs" anymore.   YouTube video doesn't count for me, I will be LIVE in Vegas.   Also Friday night was 200 people, and I guarantee that wasn't their "1st time".   They no doubt have been rehearsing these last few months...in front of people (probably 10-20 friends, managers, family, TB etc...) so does the Troub not count too?    If anything after seeing the clips of the Troub I'm more excited for Vegas....if that's possible!

Yeah these Debbie downers are annoying. April 8th will be their first real show with a real set and pyro and stage set up etc. Troubadour was their first time together but that was a preview show. Vegas will be twice the length and have the debut of a ton of songs. 

Edited by KiernanProud
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, KiernanProud said:

Yeah these Debbie downers are annoying. April 8th will be their first real show with a real set and pyro and stage set up. Troubadour was their first time together but that was a preview show. Vegas will be twice the length and have the debut of a ton of songs. 

If you think Vegas will be twice the length of how long they played at the Troub, you will be extremely dissapointed.   

3 hours ago, tsinindy said:

If you think Vegas will be twice the length of how long they played at the Troub, you will be extremely dissapointed.   

How long do you think it will be? I'm thinking 2 1/2 hour-ish...maybe 3 if Axl takes an extended break sometime during the show?

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

I think they would play 2 and a half to 3 hours. That's what past shows have been when you include Richard and Dizzys solos and all. Troubadour was 1 and a half hours. 

22 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

There seem to be ALOT of tickets left on vivid seats and stub hub..will they sell this close to the date? It would be horrible if they weren't playing to a packed arena..

700 tickets out of let's say for the sake of argument a 14000 seat arena (which is very conservative...probably closer to 20000 than 15000), but for my argument, that's 5% of the seats.....not exactly "a lot" and at least half of those will be sell by the day of show with another half of those gone by showtime.  I speculate when it gets to 9:30 on Friday (when ticket sales shut off on StubHub), there will be no more than 100 seats left. 

2 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

How long do you think it will be? I'm thinking 2 1/2 hour-ish...maybe 3 if Axl takes an extended break sometime during the show?

I'm hoping for 2 1/2....I'm really worried they may only play two.  But, I'm hoping for 2 1/2, maybe 2 and 45 best case scenario....that's for Friday.

Saturday could be longer if all is going well and they start adding songs and shit to the setlist.  But, I'm not sure Axl's voice can hold out for two back-to-back nights as we saw he faltered during Paradise City the other night. 

But, they aren't playing over 3 hours either night and they played 1 hour and 45 minutes at the Troub.

6 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

700 tickets out of let's say for the sake of argument a 14000 seat arena (which is very conservative...probably closer to 20000 than 15000), but for my argument, that's 5% of the seats.....not exactly "a lot" and at least half of those will be sell by the day of show with another half of those gone by showtime.  I speculate when it gets to 9:30 on Friday (when ticket sales shut off on StubHub), there will be no more than 100 seats left. 

I do hope so! But if not, i'm going to have to find a way to sidle downwards out of my cheap seats..damn the exchange rate!

2 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

I think it's safe to assume Vegas will be at least two and a half hours, if not more.

Thats my assumption too. I guess I could see why it wouldn't be longer than that, but also given that the "warm up show" was, what, 2 hours? And the fact that Axl/NuGuns is used to playing 3 hours? I expect it to be 2 and a half, but it also wouldn't shock me if its 3.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I'm hoping for 2 1/2....I'm really worried they may only play two.  But, I'm hoping for 2 1/2, maybe 2 and 45 best case scenario....that's for Friday.

Saturday could be longer if all is going well and they start adding songs and shit to the setlist.  But, I'm not sure Axl's voice can hold out for two back-to-back nights as we saw he faltered during Paradise City the other night. 

But, they aren't playing over 3 hours either night and they played 1 hour and 45 minutes at the Troub.

I am hoping it is at least 9+ minutes longer.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KiernanProud said:

Also: does anyone know if TMobile Arena can scan bar codes off phones for entrance? Thinking I could maybe upgrade my seat for cheap if someone's desperate to sell by 9ish

Wasn't offered by AXS.