Axl Joining AC/DC? New pic posted on TMZ

NachoLZ

Just now, Subtle Signs said:

Unless I'm reading it wrong it says AC/DC opening for GNR with Axl singing both sets. That'd be one way to ensure instant sell outs of any stadium.I BET YOU ALL WON'T LAUGH AT THE NIGHTRAIN FAN CLUB MEMBERS NOW IF WE GET FIRST DIBS ON TICKETS! 

The TMZ article is citing a satirical article that was making the rounds over the weekend. But the picture is clear - Axl is leaving the same studio AC/DC members have been seen at.

Besides, there's no fucking way AC/DC would open for GN'R. Way too big a name to open for anyone (Besides the Stones).

• Like 1

I'm shocked, thought it was bullshit! Well this is pretty heavy evidence.

And Axl looks as rounded as 2013 / 2014. That gut don't lie. If he's singing well, I don't care if he has a gut, or not... More specifically, that he sings well for gnr. But his rep will be almost as much on the line with the acdc dates.

1 minute ago, Powerage5 said:

The TMZ article is citing a satirical article that was making the rounds over the weekend. But the picture is clear - Axl is leaving the same studio AC/DC members have been seen at.

Besides, there's no fucking way AC/DC would open for GN'R. Way too big a name to open for anyone (Besides the Stones).

I completely agree with you on this...no way AC/DC opens for guns....or vice versa quite honestly.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I'm not sure what you're saying..but AC\DC have European dates in May and June that have not yet been postponed...the last ten US dates in March and April have been postponed.  Those are facts.  

What I am saying is I don't think AC/DC is going to cancel reschedule the Euro dates, so the U.S. Dates are probably not going to be in May/June....additionally these photos only prove Axl was with AC/DC.  Was he auditioning?  Rehearsing?  I realize the article says rehearsing, but there is noting officially confirming that.

Of course it is likely Axl decided to go hang out with ACDC in Atlanta, for no reason.  As far as dates yes who knows maybe Axl is doing the dates that have not been postoned

2 minutes ago, James Bond said:

No Stevie pictured - is Izzy filling in for rhythm guitar? ;)

What are the chances that they're coincidentally rehearsing at the same studio as Guns and this is all a coincidence? Fucking hell though. I'm excited. Rest in peace wallet.

Actually, that pic is of Stevie and not Angus. TMZ made an error.

7 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

He's not in terms of being a great frontman, but in terms of someone that people like and know and might still pay to see its Grohl. I really hate him but for whatever reason he's the go to rock guy these days so there ya go. His popularity might help them finish the tour without too much backlash. 

Dave Grohl is seriously one of the very best frontmen on the planet today. Is he on Axl's level from Axl's prime no, but Dave Grohl in 2016 can command an audience like very few can, including Axl Rose based on the last time I've seen both. 

My email from the cancelled Cleveland gig just said it will be postponed for "later in the year". I just assumed it would be in the fall.  I thought it was strange that there were no cancelled dates in Europe though.  If Axl is filling in, my guess is that it will just be the 10 US dates.

Edited by KeeKat

At least the black Beanie on axls hat says he was probably  at the gnr rehearsals. Isn't it ridiculous that the first rehearsal pic of Axl in the last 20 years comes from an acdc audition? I still think that Acdc will ruin axls voice...pretty insane that he tries to do both bands after years of isolation. Axl looks fit btw.

The Axl fronted AC/DC opening for GNR is such a bad idea  that it cant be true. First off, doesn't it just ruin the whole mystique/anticipation of seeing Axl before the show? Dont you want the first moment to be him and slash on stage?  Second, doesn't that just tire him out for the lengthy GNR set? I know TMZ is tMZ and that part is likely wrong, but if that happens then it is so poorly conceived it might hurt the whole thing 

Edited by bt88
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, bt88 said:

The Axl fronted AC/DC opening for GNR is such a bad idea  that it cant be true. First off, doesn't it just ruin the whole mystique/anticipation of seeing Axl before the show? Dont you want the first moment to be him and slash on stage?  Second, doesn't that just tire him out for the lengthy GNR set? I know TMZ is tMZ and that part is likely wrong, but if that happens then it is so poorly conceived it might hurt the whole thing 

Heaviermetal.net is a rock satire website and they wrote the article about ADCD opening for GnR as a complete joke.  They always stir the pot in rock circles.  So, at least we know that part of the story is not true. On the other hand, Axl filling in could possibly be real.

22 minutes ago, James Bond said:

No Stevie pictured - is Izzy filling in for rhythm guitar? ;)

What are the chances that they're coincidentally rehearsing at the same studio as Guns and this is all a coincidence? Fucking hell though. I'm excited. Rest in peace wallet.

Someone on ACDCFans did some digging and that studio only has one room. If Axl was there, it means he was rehearsing with AC/DC.

Speaking of ACDCFans, the amount of butthurt over there is hilarious. One person said they were ready to disown Stevie, Slade, and Cliff if they didn't walk out on Angus over this, because it means they're clearly spineless and only in it for the money. Another said Axl looks so fat that by right he should keel over and die a half hour into a show - guess they don't know GN'R do 3+ hour shows ;)

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

I figured TMZ had their own legitimate sources,not that bullshit satire that was making the rounds. If this were to happen ,I'm sure it would be co-headlining but since it probably won't, oh well! But if these AXL/DC shows happen where Axl is singing for AC/DC,I'm there! It seems like a bunch of their hardcore fan base don't like the idea so I'll gladly buy their returned tickets.