Axl Joining AC/DC? New pic posted on TMZ

NachoLZ

5 minutes ago, nn18 said:

I don't know guys, that could easily be photoshoped.....:P

That Atlanta sign behind them just seems weird....

CSI:GNR starts NOW!

0328-axl-rose-acdc-tmz-20.jpg

It does. Look at the picture with the ACDC guys: some of the lettering on the window is mirrored and some of it isn't.

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

I generally believe TMZ to be reliable, but there is no guarantee those photos are even from the same day, let alone what time lapse there may be between when they were taken.

i find it interesting the photos were allegedly taken on Friday.  Yet, TMZ just now posts there short 3 graph story with no other facts or sourcing.   Kinda makes you wonder.....

Those pictures seem weird....at least to me. Like someone intentionaly put that Atlanta sign behind them, so that it's obvious that they're taken at the same place

But I'm probably reading to much into this ( I shouldn't have read that analysis about Fernando's balls :awesomeface:)

3 minutes ago, GNRSkidRow1 said:

People go to studios to just rehearse, you know. Nothing has to be recorded.

Not to mention AC/DC has exclusively used The Warehouse in Vancouver as their studio for the last 20 years. If they were laying down any tracks, it would be there.

9 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Not to mention AC/DC has exclusively used The Warehouse in Vancouver as their studio for the last 20 years. If they were laying down any tracks, it would be there.

They've also exclusively used Brian Johnson as their singer for the last 20 years :P

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

The movie is reportedly being produced in Atlanta, so if they are laying a track or two, they would probably use whatever studio is being funded by the production company.

Also, bands typically use rehearsal halls to practice for live shows...not a single room (most likely cramped) recording studio.

5 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

The movie is reportedly being produced in Atlanta, so if they are laying a track or two, they would probably use whatever studio is being funded by the production company.

Also, bands typically use rehearsal halls to practice for live shows...not a single room (most likely cramped) recording studio.

Why wouldn't Brian be able to do the movie though? Surely he's still capable of recording in the studio where all the levels are extremely controlled? That's what's keeping me convinced that this is not just for the movie. It could be a part of it, sure, but if it was just for the film (and only the film) there's no reason from what we know about Brian that he couldn't still do it.

• Like 1

They are probably in Atlanta for the movie but out of convenience to themselves they asked Axl to come down while they are in town to run through a set with them so they can see what they are working with. I think it's just a way to hear Axl, see Axl and make sure he can make a rehearsal. 

• Like 1

Just now, James Bond said:

Why wouldn't Brian be able to do the movie though? Surely he's still capable of recording in the studio where all the levels are extremely controlled? That's what's keeping me convinced that this is not just for the movie. It could be a part of it, sure, but if it was just for the film (and only the film) there's no reason from what we know about Brian that he couldn't still do it.

I'm just going by previous rumors and putting 2+2 together.  I could be totally wrong but the movie rumor makes a lot more sense to me than Axl practicing with AC/DC, in a single room recording studio, a full 7 months prior to their rumored rescheduled dates in October....come on, that makes no sense whatsoever.  Axl just started practicing with G N' R last week for the biggest tour of the summer 2 weeks before the first date.....so y'all think he's practicing with AC/DC 7 months before their shows?  lol.

Also, if you look at Brian Johnson's last few shows in February, it's very apparent his voice is totally gone...and I have a feeling that has more to do with the real reason he is out vs. his hearing loss.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kasanova King said:

I'm just going by previous rumors and putting 2+2 together.  I could be totally wrong but the movie rumor makes a lot more sense to me than Axl practicing with AC/DC, in a single room recording studio, a full 7 months prior to their rumored rescheduled dates in October....come on, that makes no sense whatsoever.  Axl just started practicing with G N' R last week for the biggest tour of the summer 2 weeks before the first date.....so y'all think he's practicing with AC/DC 7 months before their shows?  lol.

Also, if you look at Brian Johnson's last few shows in February, it's very apparent his voice is totally gone...and I have a feeling that has more to do with the real reason he is out vs. his hearing loss.

Well Axl could be joining them in Europe in May/June, so having a more full rehearsal now makes sense.

I think it's fantastic.  I think Axl could really do a great Bon Scott homage.  He respects AC/DC and will be kind of free from the pressure of his own band, so I don't think he will be late or throw tantrums.  And I'm sure AC/DC would have a contract with him, that he has to show up on time, or he won't get paid. 

I think he'll rock it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kira said:

I think it's fantastic.  I think Axl could really do a great Bon Scott homage.  He respects AC/DC and will be kind of free from the pressure of his own band, so I don't think he will be late or throw tantrums.  And I'm sure AC/DC would have a contract with him, that he has to show up on time, or he won't get paid. 

I think he'll rock it.

I don't think Axl is doing AC/DC for the money. That's the kind of gig anyone in their right mind would take for free.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

That's fair enough. The timing of the photos is indeed weird. We've all but got confirmation that Axl is rehearsing with Guns currently so it suggests that these photos are unrelated or previously unpublished. I'm not totally believing either side yet, but the pictures do make the whole thing all the more exciting! I'm definitely leaning towards they want Axl for the tour, maybe even including Europe. I'm all for it, but we'll see.

Sadly, as cold-hearted as it would seem on Angus' part, it's known he wants to continue so maybe there really is truth to the "Brian was fired" rumours - in part due to his voice. It's weird how fast he lost it though - check the 2015 videos. He was great!

• Like 1

Just now, tsinindy said:

Well Axl could be joining them in Europe in May/June, so having a more full rehearsal now makes sense.

That was never rumored....the rumor was Axl was just doing the last 10 US shows.  

Now, rumors are rumors so who knows what to believe....but him playing with AC/DC in front of a hostile crowd (AC/DC fans don't like him much to begin with), a few weeks prior to the biggest reunion tour in decades...makes absolutely no sense.  Axl could be perfect in those shows and I can still see AC/DC fans complain about it.  Why would he risk negative publicity when he needs to sell out 21 stadiums a week or two later?  From a business perspective, it's potentially suicidal.

I can believe him playing in October to be possible but him playing with them before the GN'R tour makes no sense.b

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Axl always brings his "A" game. He wouldn't do anything less. Axl is his biggest critic, so you know he'll rock it.

I'm not even concerned  about the Vocals here, he's just not into it. At all. 

Edited by cooker
  • Like 2