06/29/16 - Kansas City - Arrowhead Stadium

downzy

12 minutes ago, Eddie Money said:

What's happening my friends. You can all probably see this right now at home but I'm confirming live that Axl isn't sounding good.  I hope he apologizes after the show for having strep throat or something.   Upset that I didn't make Detroit for a better voice and of course Russ's party. 

:(

Just now, rock4eva said:

Just now, killuridols said:

With AC/DC he didn't move around so much and when he was singing from the throne, those were the best shows.

He has to stay more quiet and lose that huge beer belly. That's the problem: the beer, the belly and the running around out of shape.

In all fairness.....with ACDC, he sounded great when he was mobile...the reason is those songs are WAY easier to sing compared to GnR stuff (like it's so easy is a very easy to song to sing, no pun intended).  Estranged, RQ, Coma, YCBM, Yesterdays, etc....those are a bitch to sing.   

• Like 1

The truth is it sounds closer to 2011-2014 than it does to the rest of 2016 and Axl/DC. I'm not even shitting on Axl, it just worries me as fan. He's lost his voice completely twice previously in his career, and never fully recovered from the second time.

Just now, cheesecake said:

Oh okay, I apologize then Eddie. I thought you were listening in like some of us. Is he really that bad? 

tbh I can't listen or watch on periscope at work, but i think everyone's just been so over the moon with his vocals lately that the slightest little imperfection can make it seem worse than it actually is, or at least make it clear to us forumers that he's having an off night or is sick or whatever whereas the casual concert-goer may not notice. But as I said, I can't listen atm so my opinion is moot!

• Like 1

Just now, killuridols said:

With AC/DC he didn't move around so much and when he was singing from the throne, those were the best shows.

He has to stay more quiet and lose that huge beer belly. That's the problem: the beer, the belly and the running around out of shape.

I tend to agree the beer doesn't help, but I disagree with the ACDC thing, the London show was crazy good vocally. 

I just think it's not his night tonight. I don't see this as a trend or anything but he's just a bit off tonight and not trusting his voice at all 

Why don't more bands record albums by live streaming to a computer where they record it and burn it to disk. They would save so much money by avoiding all that expensive technology and just using their phone and google chrome 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I don't know why some of you are acting as if the sky is falling. Jesus Christ, some of you are a bit dramatic.

Axl will have bad nights and good nights. Still, i think he has done pretty well on some of the songs thus far.

Exactly.  I guess he Isn't allowed to have an off night. Maybe some of these people bitching should go back and listen to his Rio 2011 voice. The same songs and parts that he Is weak In almost every night are the same ones he has been weak on tonight.

3 minutes ago, tajandreas said:

I agree it's not as strong as the previous two shows, but do you guys REALLY expect him to uphold the same amount of vocals the whole entire tour? Let's be realistic. 

Specially when he has gigs each three days. With AC/DC, he usually had something like one week to rest a bit. This schedule for this NITLT is crazy. I hope he gets the pace thought it. :shrugs:

1 minute ago, ironmt said:

Exactly.  I guess he Isn't allowed to have an off night. Maybe some of these people bitching should go back and listen to his Rio 2011 voice. The same songs and parts that he Is weak In almost every night are the same ones he has been weak on tonight.

Maybe we are a bit scarred, as in 2011 he had an off night that ended up lasting five fucking years.

Edited by Pedrolg

Just now, tsinindy said:

In all fairness.....with ACDC, he sounded great when he was mobile...the reason is those songs are WAY easier to sing compared to GnR stuff (like it's so easy is a very easy to song to sing, no pun intended).  Estranged, RQ, Coma, YCBM, Yesterdays, etc....those are a bitch to sing.   

Maybe he should pick songs he's more capable of then? I don't know.. if a singer struggles with certain songs, then the band should change those songs out. It's worse when they sound like he's struggling to even force out the words. I want to hear the songs you mentioned for sure, but if he can hit the notes to Hells Bells with no issue, then the can sing his own songs I'd think. I'm really not trying to hate. The Troubadour show, Vegas shows, Coachella, Detroit, and DC were all good. It's just tonight he's not sounding good at all.

2 minutes ago, MrSoftie said:

1 minute ago, ironmt said:

Sure he's allowed...but we aren't allowed to call a turd a turd when it's right in front of us?  He's having an off night, that's what we are saying lol