07/06/16 - Cincinnati, OH - Paul Brown Stadium (Steven Adler 2 Songs)

downzy

43 minutes ago, lassie said:

To be honest, Matt has said some very negative things about Axl over the years, and yes so has Slash, but it is not the same, Matt was just a filler for a few years, i don't think we will see him with Guns N Roses

I don't see Matt as just a filler. That makes him seem somewhat irrelevant and unimportant to the band. Gilby, Frank, Ashba etc. (people who didn't really contribute anything other than playing the parts live) were/are fillers to me. The way I see it Matt played a fundamental part to the UYI albums and the following tour, and therefore I consider him an important part of GNRs' legacy.

Obviously if it was between Adler and Sorum, I would choose the former. Appetite is the best rockalbum ever imo and he is the original drummer. Simple. But that doesn't remove anything from Matt and his contributions. UYI would have been very different without him, and his more techincal yet hard-hitting drumming fit perfectly for that. And honestly, I don't think Axl would consider the drummer for GN'R classics such as November Rain, Estranged etc. as just a filler. He's the original drummer for those songs.

Slash, Duff and Steven obviously has no problem with Matt so it really boils down to Axl. If he's able to settle it with Slash, who was the number one enemy for decades, I believe he's able to make peace with Matt. Just my two cents. And I could be wrong.

Edited by Jeez

That's fantastic.  I was just loosing hope that this would happen and wham!   I really thought the Detroit opener would have had some sort of surprise guest.  I don't want to see bucket or bumble or even Matt.  Bring on Izzy and all is good.  I still can't believe this is actually happening.   

14 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Just watched the videos and I have to say that Axl sounds fucking great, Rocket Queen, Coma, Jungle, the Adler's songs :drool::drool::drool:. No one can say that he's not giving it all.

It was great seeing how hyped they all were playing with Steven again :hug:. The video will definitely get the most views.

Btw. Am I the only one who's waiting for Izzy's "response"? :popcorn:

No, You are not the only one :D

7 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

that was literally one of the best moments of my life <3

I'm so glad we all got to share it. I was at work and decided to tune into one of the periscopes after missing the last few gigs. Only tuned in at YCBM, talk about timing!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Billsfan said:

Yeah that makes sense. Get angry at the guy informing us about the policy not the idiots making the dumb policy to begin with.

Lol. Not mad at all. Just can't help but roll my eyes at how many times Eddie has said pretty much the same thing. Just dangling the proverbial carrot in front of all the small group of of die hards. We get it, you're friends with the band and privy to info the rest of us arent, no need to make mention of it every darn time, that's all. 

3 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

4 out of 5

Really man Steven has a million dollar smile

Every time I replay the video of them playing last night, I'm shaking my head and thinking to myself how much better they fucking sound. That fucking groove that he has on the drums... insane:drool:

4 minutes ago, Zizy said:

Every time I replay the video of them playing last night, I'm shaking my head and thinking to myself how much better they fucking sound. That fucking groove that he has on the drums... insane:drool:

Agree! It sounds a million light years better. Why don't they bring in Steven permanent??