Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

5 hours ago, mikeman5150 said:

Put this legs lithos in cheap frames for now. Really liking these design81E1BEB4-3B44-4EEE-95F5-5402C2C702F2.thumb.jpeg.678c666b3f1f5508b5cd2ea18d37ed43.jpeg

Looks great! Do you have any others? Out of curiosity, what made you get those 3? Are they shows that you attended, you really like the art work, you found them at reasonable prices ect...

Yeah I have 10 from the NITL tour and then these 3. I only have them of shows I’ve attended. 

I have 6 of them hanging throughout the house, I can post pics if anyone is interested in seeing them. I posted the pics of this leg because even in the cheap frames, I thought they looked a lot better than I thought. 

Vegas 16’ night 1

DC 16’

Pittsburgh 16’

Philly 16’

Metlife 16’ night 1

Hershey 17’

Buffalo 17’

Philly 17’

DC 17’

Louder than life 19’

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mikeman5150 said:

Yeah I have 10 from the NITL tour and then these 3. I only have them of shows I’ve attended. 

I have 6 of them hanging throughout the house, I can post pics if anyone is interested in seeing them. I posted the pics of this leg because even in the cheap frames, I thought they looked a lot better than I thought. 

Vegas 16’ night 1

DC 16’

Pittsburgh 16’

Philly 16’

Metlife 16’ night 1

Hershey 17’

Buffalo 17’

Philly 17’

DC 17’

Louder than life 19’

Nice collection! Can you post a pick of DC 2016?

• Like 1

On 10/5/2021 at 2:59 PM, mikeman5150 said:

That’s one of the four I don’t have framed yet.  Along with MetLife, Hershey 17’, and DC 17’. I’ll probably get some more frames this weekend and I’ll get a pic of it

Would you sale DC 2016?

On 10/7/2021 at 10:47 PM, Ixtlan said:

Would you sale DC 2016?

No. I’ve been fortunate enough to get one at each show I’ve been too, so I’m going to hang onto them. It does seem like that one is pretty hard to find. Keep checking ebay, one might eventually pop up. Good luck! 

3 hours ago, DaneisKing1389 said:

I’m always on the lookout for the 2x 2016 Metlife ones. I have everything from the other shows I attended.

Pretty sure the 2nd night, un-numbered Devil, is on ebay right now.

Nvm, it sold last month in auction for a whopping $80

Edited by Coma16

5 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

Well another leg of the never ending tour has come and gone. Frankly I'm surprised they got through it with the way lockdowns are coming back, but enough of that shit...we got a brand new crop of lithos to discuss!  And I for think this is the best batch in a long time!  Certainly better than the 2019 series which was clearly running out of gas.

Lots of them took inspiration from movies, and I'm OK with that cause I love movies and I love GNR...what could go together better?

I'm gonna list just a few that I thought were awesome...I'm taking pics from amaninjapan's amazing blog "lithorati" of course....your number one stop for everything you ever wanted to know about GNR lithos but were afraid to ask.....

First up is Detroit.

I'm a child of the 80s and RoboCop is one of my favorite movies of all time and favorite characters.  What a match made in 1980s heaven....GNR and RoboCop!!

An added bonus is the "homemade" airbrushed look like you'd see on the back of a jean jacket at a county fair.  There's no nice way to say this....it just screams WHITE TRASH and I love it!   Love the subtle GNR references too, like GNR replacing the OCP logo from the movie.  It's so bright and garish and 1980s.  Love it...my favorite!

2021-08-08-Detroit.jpg

Next is Missoula, from the undisputed king of GNR lithos, Mr. Arian Buhler himself.  He stands head and shoulders above all other litho artists for good reason...dude is just a beast!

It's a gorgeous rendition of the rotting remains of Evel Knievel in his trademark stars n' stripes helmet.  Now I don't think I'd wanna hang it on my wall and have it be the first thing I see every morning when waking up, but the draftsmanship is impeccable.

2021-08-13-Missoula.jpg

Next one just kind of speaks for itself....Hollywood!!  Take one of the single most iconic movie posters of all time, and make it a GNR poster.   What do you get?  Forget it Jake, it's Chinatown.   Absolutely lovely and the colors are gorgeous.  Hats off once again to the one and only Arian Buhler.  This one should appeal to both music and movie collectors cause it's a given that the Chinatown movie poster is probably in the top ten of all time.

2021-08-19-Los-Angeles.jpg

And now, one of the most flat out fun, whimsical, and just plain CUTE lithos on this leg or ANY leg going all the way back to 2016.....the St. Paul "Peanuts" tribute.  If you don't think this is adorable, you need a hug.

Slash's goofy signature Charles Schultz grin, Duff not giving a fuck on bass, and Axl as Shroeder in deep concentration on the keys, with his motorcycle/piano hybrid.   I love it.  I just love it.  It's 100% FUN, the way rock concerts and posters should be!  And it really stands out in a sea of skull imagery!!  What a winner!  (And again...Buhler is the man!)

2021-09-21-St-Paul.jpg

Next up is a delightful mish-mash of some cool styles....Baltimore.   Obviously inspired by Edgar Allan Poe and the Raven, you get a three headed raven in the forefront representing GNR's "big three" but I also love the Ralph Steadman inspired font for the logo, and I'm a sucker for anything to do with Estranged, my all time favorite GNR song, supposedly being written out in fancy script by hand by the corpse of our pal Poe.  It's a little bit busy, but I still like it and it's unique enough to stand out from the rest.

2021-09-26-Baltimore.jpg

And last but not least, I like the double spread from Hollywood.....FLORIDA?  The fuck, there's a Hollywood in Florida now??

Anyway, these two lithos don't really break any new ground....but they do the job.   Fun, big, bold, exciting, gets the point across.  What I'd consider a solid "B +" rock poster.  Something you'd like having hanging on your wall after the show.  Giant GNR robots are fun....almost a 70s throwback thing.   That's all really, I just think they were well executed and I like 'em!

2021-10-02-Hollywood.jpg

So how'sabout you, fellow litho fanatics?  Agree, disagree, have your own radically different opinions?

I personally liked these the best;

Boston -because I love the baseball card effect. 

Indy- Very cool that they used Axl’s favorite childhood pizza joint

Milwaukee- if anyone can say they are as cool as Axl Rose, it would be Arthur Fonzerelli ehhhh

Columbus- Loved all the Freddy movies! Great memories of watching them back when I was first getting into GNR. 

Baltimore- Love estranged! And so glad they didn’t do anything with the Baltimore ravens football team. That would’ve been the first one I’d have to pass on. Although, the prototype we saw from the artist who was supposed to do it, was pretty cool too. 

6 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

Well another leg of the never ending tour has come and gone. Frankly I'm surprised they got through it with the way lockdowns are coming back, but enough of that shit...we got a brand new crop of lithos to discuss!  And I for think this is the best batch in a long time!  Certainly better than the 2019 series which was clearly running out of gas.

Lots of them took inspiration from movies, and I'm OK with that cause I love movies and I love GNR...what could go together better?

I'm gonna list just a few that I thought were awesome...I'm taking pics from amaninjapan's amazing blog "lithorati" of course....your number one stop for everything you ever wanted to know about GNR lithos but were afraid to ask.....

First up is Detroit.

I'm a child of the 80s and RoboCop is one of my favorite movies of all time and favorite characters.  What a match made in 1980s heaven....GNR and RoboCop!!

An added bonus is the "homemade" airbrushed look like you'd see on the back of a jean jacket at a county fair.  There's no nice way to say this....it just screams WHITE TRASH and I love it!   Love the subtle GNR references too, like GNR replacing the OCP logo from the movie.  It's so bright and garish and 1980s.  Love it...my favorite!

2021-08-08-Detroit.jpg

Next is Missoula, from the undisputed king of GNR lithos, Mr. Arian Buhler himself.  He stands head and shoulders above all other litho artists for good reason...dude is just a beast!

It's a gorgeous rendition of the rotting remains of Evel Knievel in his trademark stars n' stripes helmet.  Now I don't think I'd wanna hang it on my wall and have it be the first thing I see every morning when waking up, but the draftsmanship is impeccable.

2021-08-13-Missoula.jpg

Next one just kind of speaks for itself....Hollywood!!  Take one of the single most iconic movie posters of all time, and make it a GNR poster.   What do you get?  Forget it Jake, it's Chinatown.   Absolutely lovely and the colors are gorgeous.  Hats off once again to the one and only Arian Buhler.  This one should appeal to both music and movie collectors cause it's a given that the Chinatown movie poster is probably in the top ten of all time.

2021-08-19-Los-Angeles.jpg

And now, one of the most flat out fun, whimsical, and just plain CUTE lithos on this leg or ANY leg going all the way back to 2016.....the St. Paul "Peanuts" tribute.  If you don't think this is adorable, you need a hug.

Slash's goofy signature Charles Schultz grin, Duff not giving a fuck on bass, and Axl as Shroeder in deep concentration on the keys, with his motorcycle/piano hybrid.   I love it.  I just love it.  It's 100% FUN, the way rock concerts and posters should be!  And it really stands out in a sea of skull imagery!!  What a winner!  (And again...Buhler is the man!)

2021-09-21-St-Paul.jpg

Next up is a delightful mish-mash of some cool styles....Baltimore.   Obviously inspired by Edgar Allan Poe and the Raven, you get a three headed raven in the forefront representing GNR's "big three" but I also love the Ralph Steadman inspired font for the logo, and I'm a sucker for anything to do with Estranged, my all time favorite GNR song, supposedly being written out in fancy script by hand by the corpse of our pal Poe.  It's a little bit busy, but I still like it and it's unique enough to stand out from the rest.

2021-09-26-Baltimore.jpg

And last but not least, I like the double spread from Hollywood.....FLORIDA?  The fuck, there's a Hollywood in Florida now??

Anyway, these two lithos don't really break any new ground....but they do the job.   Fun, big, bold, exciting, gets the point across.  What I'd consider a solid "B +" rock poster.  Something you'd like having hanging on your wall after the show.  Giant GNR robots are fun....almost a 70s throwback thing.   That's all really, I just think they were well executed and I like 'em!

2021-10-02-Hollywood.jpg

So how'sabout you, fellow litho fanatics?  Agree, disagree, have your own radically different opinions?

I agree with all your points. This is the best leg for US lithos so far. And the colors are beautiful.  I’m really looking forward to Europe. 

3 hours ago, Ixtlan said:

I agree with all your points. This is the best leg for US lithos so far. And the colors are beautiful.  I’m really looking forward to Europe. 

Definitely beautiful colours, but that seems to have contributed to how delicate these ones are. Seems like they are scuffed up by the time you get home from the show...

Great summary @estrangedtwat.

This leg had a ton of "fun" lithos. I wish I could have caught a show this round. I came close to going home for bottlerock, but well laid plans. 

I love these new lithos, and hope to get my hand on a peanuts one someday. My kids can fight over it when I am dead haha. 

Shifting to lighter themes and the movies/sports tie ins just made for a lot of great pieces, while still giving the city pride. Great stuff by the artists. And Buhler is just a fucking legend.

Edited by owenstar
Spellchecker
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Coma16 said:

Definitely beautiful colours, but that seems to have contributed to how delicate these ones are. Seems like they are scuffed up by the time you get home from the show...

I haven’t seen a gem mint Columbus as of yet because of the fragility of the darker areas of the new lithos. But, I think the change was needed and appreciated by me.

18 hours ago, Kylewhodat said:

Were you in a coma for 2016? 

I believe this leg is consistently better than 2016 US lithos. 

• Like 1

Is there any way to really know if the Lithographs are counterfeit or not? It seems like it could be fairly easy for a person to create counterfeits with the right equipment  and given how much they often sell for on Ebay I wouldn't be surprised if they are, like do they put a watermark or something in the paper that can make it hard to duplicate? There are a few lithos I am looking at on Ebay and I am hesitant to buy because these people seem to have many, not necessarily from the same show but from many different shows

18 minutes ago, k12 said:

Is there any way to really know if the Lithographs are counterfeit or not? It seems like it could be fairly easy for a person to create counterfeits with the right equipment  and given how much they often sell for on Ebay I wouldn't be surprised if they are, like do they put a watermark or something in the paper that can make it hard to duplicate? There are a few lithos I am looking at on Ebay and I am hesitant to buy because these people seem to have many, not necessarily from the same show but from many different shows

It's definitely an issue. Rule of thumb is that if the price is too good to be true (under $100) then it probably is questionable (especially when the same seller pops up once every 2 months with the same batch). And then there's that guy in Ohio with spme really nice rare ones (and a few with pinholes) - no clue if they are real or not. GNR fans are some of the easiest marks out there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Coma16 said:

It's definitely an issue. Rule of thumb is that if the price is too good to be true (under $100) then it probably is questionable (especially when the same seller pops up once every 2 months with the same batch). And then there's that guy in Ohio with spme really nice rare ones (and a few with pinholes) - no clue if they are real or not. GNR fans are some of the easiest marks out there.

That pinhole guy from Ohio is exactly who I am looking at, he has a Detroit from 2016 I have been in the market for, selling at $200 total, it seems legit, but who knows, if you have a printing press and know what you are doing I am sure these are easy to replicate, I wish the bands took the precautions to put a hologram or something to make counterfeiting almost impossible 

Dude, I am selling the Detroit from Ohio, a lot of these lithos I kept in a book and some I pinned in my rec room in basement, at the time I didn’t know they made poster tape, I am paring down my collection and do not have the capability or artistic ability to do a stick figure let alone a poster.

• Like 1

At the time I had no intention of selling and this was the easiest way to adhere to the basement Rec  room wall, as they are my posters, I can do with them as I wish, now on the secondary market, they will take a hit on price.  That is between buyer and seller in a free economy.

13 minutes ago, Mcs953 said:

At the time I had no intention of selling and this was the easiest way to adhere to the basement Rec  room wall, as they are my posters, I can do with them as I wish, now on the secondary market, they will take a hit on price.  That is between buyer and seller in a free economy.

well my apologizes, but as said it has been speculated counterfeiting is or could be an issue and I know you have a bunch of different posters from all kinds of markets and a thing like they could be a flag to a person who is looking to buy especially when spending hundreds of dollars to do so