would adler be willing

6 minutes ago, Asdiz said:

to learn uyi and chidem songs and become full-time drummer?  if there's one thing i could ask him it would be that question.  he's certainly capable - is he interested?

Adler will be willing to anything. Sure it would be ideal if he becomes full time member. But I'm afraid it's not up to him. He doesn't make that call, not even if he is 120% sober and 140% radio silent. What we had yesterday in Cincy was a miracle. Now we'll where we go from here.

His haters will bring up the fact that he said once that he would only want to play the songs he was on. People forget that every one of these guys have said things in the past that go against what is happening right now.

Steven would and could play everything asked and I am sure would be 100% interested. 

All that said, I'll take what I can get for now. What happened last night was amazing. I hope that they continue to mend fences and get closer and closer to what made this at one time the greatest band in the world. 

• Like 2

Baby steps everyone.  What happened last night was a dream come true for Adler and millions of G N' R fans.  Everything worked out awesome.  They can build from this and maybe they gain more trust in him, each other, etc over time.  But this takes time and if we continue to see him on stage - in any capacity - no one should be complaining.  Period.

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Baby steps everyone.  What happened last night was a dream come true for Adler and millions of G N' R fans.  Everything worked out awesome.  They can build from this and maybe they gain more trust in him, each other, etc over time.  But this takes time and if we continue to see him on stage - in any capacity - no one should be complaining.  Period.

This.

Im out of likes but baby steps people.. The band may feel that Adler still has to prove that he can be reliable enough to be a full time drummer. And even if/when he does, he only played on 1 album. Unless Frank quits I would realistically expect them to keep a second drummer and split the material.

39 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

who's complaining? 

47 minutes ago, Original said:

Funny- his bosses (Axl/Slash/Duff) could simply fire him. 

You would think but idk, how much of a say do they really have as far as who's in the band? I mean, maybe it's just me but if all 3 had equal say on everything, I just can't imagine slash and duff voting on Frank especially since slash had never met the guy when they started this. I mean, does Frank ferrer really seem like a slash and duff selection to you? Rhetorical but idk, if Frank were to be fired I would think they would have done it by now.

I don't think the business end of things would be willing to risk a multi million dollar venture like this on Adler's patchy track record. These aren't club shows you can blow off if someone's dopesick or hungover. Hell even a broken foot doesn't stop the machine these days.

50 minutes ago, Randy Jesus said:

Actually there is only one Boss managed by Team Brazil.

Bingo. Axl is the only boss and Axl won't fire him for Adler.

Like it or not, the core band to Team Brazil/Axl is Axl, Dizzy, Fortis, and Frank. Axl even hinted at releasing new music without Slash if he wasn't interested in being involved. It's Axl's circus and Axl's monkees.

Having Adler on board as the sole drummer is risky. Even if Frank quit, it would be much more likely that Brain would get the call than anyone else. Especially considering his ties to Melissa.

Edited by liers
  • Like 2

Some people seem to forget that most of the Illusions material already existed prior the recordings.

Gosh, Steven even started to record the album with Civil War, there are dozens of demos or live versions of pretty much every song on Illusions with Steven on it.

The guy probably doesnt need to learn anything because he created most of that shit, Matt just made his own arrangements.

Edited by default_
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Billsfan said:

You would think but idk, how much of a say do they really have as far as who's in the band? I mean, maybe it's just me but if all 3 had equal say on everything, I just can't imagine slash and duff voting on Frank especially since slash had never met the guy when they started this. I mean, does Frank ferrer really seem like a slash and duff selection to you? Rhetorical but idk, if Frank were to be fired I would think they would have done it by now.

Agree.  Point being its not up to Frank.  It's out of his hands and in Axl's (and maybe the other 2). 

9 hours ago, Billsfan said:

And even if/when he does, he only played on 1 album. Unless Frank quits I would realistically expect them to keep a second drummer and split the material.

He played on LIES as well. That is 8 more classic songs.. Has also played Civil War, Down on The Farm, Knocking On Heavens Door, Shadow Of Your Love and Don't Cry live as well... Not to mention all the Illusions demos.  His history with the band goes a little deeper than just Appetite as some like to twist it..

It was great to see Steven up there. I don't expect him to get the full time gig back but it would be cool to see his role grow.

46 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

He played on LIES as well. That is 8 more classic songs.. Has also played Civil War, Down on The Farm, Knocking On Heavens Door, Shadow Of Your Love and Don't Cry live as well... Not to mention all the Illusions demos.  His history with the band goes a little deeper than just Appetite as some like to twist it..

It was great to see Steven up there. I don't expect him to get the full time gig back but it would be cool to see his role grow.

Well he didn't record the illusions material. He didn't record Chinese. He didn't record slither. Lies, sure but it's pretty much a side to appetite. It's got nothing to do with twisting anything, that's all fact. Could he play all that material? I think there's a very good chance he could. Should he? Well, why? GNR has been a bigger band since 1992 so if they can afford two drummers, why not just have both?

In a perfect world, Adler plays the appetite era material, sorum plays the illusions era, and Frank plays the Chinese material. 3 drummers is just a tough pay out and a tough sell because they're 3 different drummers. So guess what you do, you COMPROMISE. So, my vote is Adler plays the appetite material and civil war. Frank can take on everything else just fine. Nothing against Sorum but, Frank is dependable and is playing great with these guys. Not that sorum isn't dependable but, Frank has been in GNR for 10 years and doesn't deserve to be punished and tossed to the side just for someone's cheap nostalgic wish that would never be fully fulfilled. He seems to be getting along great with those guys, including Slash. And bottom line, his drum kit is different that sorums and identical to adlers. My vote is Frank and Steven. It's best for business and it's the fairest this thing could be.

Edited by Billsfan

Obviously willing. Able is the question. I don't think there's any way he could handle it full time. Physically for one thing. Playing a 2.5 hour show of this intensity is a pretty tall order. He just doesn't look like he has much strength when he plays 2 songs, let alone 25. I don't think he would sound good at all on something like YCBM. Let's just pump the brakes a little here. It was an awesome moment, and it will be great if this continues like last night. But no way is the full time job ever gonna be all his again...

• Like 1