01/29/17 - Tokyo - Saitama Super Arena

RussTCB

Forgot to mention, I really like the Fortus solo + Slash talkbox solo in Rocket Queen. At the Slash and Myles gigs in 2014 I thought Slash's RQ solo was about 5 minutes too long but the solos are well-timed in these GNR shows.

Edited by Amir
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, Amir said:

Forgot to mention, I really like the Fortus solo + Slash talkbox solo in Rocket Queen. At the Slash and Myles gigs in 2014 I thought Slash's RQ solo was about 5 minutes too long but the solos are well-timed in these GNR shows.

Glad to hear that, because I thought Slash's solo was way too long when I went to seevhim in 2012/2015. My 12yr old self would have been disgusted on me, but I was pretty bored about 2mins into it.

They should cut the "blues jam". Having the godfather theme and a huge instrumental section in RQ is enough for me to see Slash (daddy) is home. The fact that he plays 95% of the guitar solos also showcases him pretty well too.

On 1/30/2017 at 9:13 PM, Tom2112 said:

Glad to hear that, because I thought Slash's solo was way too long when I went to seevhim in 2012/2015. My 12yr old self would have been disgusted on me, but I was pretty bored about 2mins into it.

They should cut the "blues jam". Having the godfather theme and a huge instrumental section in RQ is enough for me to see Slash (daddy) is home. The fact that he plays 95% of the guitar solos also showcases him pretty well too.

I'm on the other side of the fence on that one. Rocket Queen was the highlight SMKC shows and the longer the better it was for me. Hell the first 2 minutes were like he was just warming up and finding his groove. Once the groove was found they morphed into some of his greatest solos of all time. And they were different every time. Hell a couple of them like one New Years reached 30 minutes! I thought it was absolutely phenomenal. Obviously I can see how that would be a bit much for some.  The RQ solo he does with this band doesn't do a a whole lot for me. It is just kind of mehh.. The whole jam is kind of meh... Can't deal with Frank and Fortus on that one..

Did you say they are doing a Blues jam? I did not realize that. I thought they just did the Godfather every night.

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I'm on the pother side of the fence on that one. Rocket Queen was the highlight SMKC shows and the longer the better it was for me. Hell the first 2 minutes were like he was just warming up and finding his groove. Once the groove was found they morphed into some of his greatest solos of all time. And they were different every time. Hell a couple of them like one New Years reached 30 minutes! I thought it was absolutely phenomenal. Obviously I can see how that would be a bit much for some.  The RQ solo he does with this band doesn't do a a whole lot for me. It is just kind of mehh.. The whole jam is kind of meh... Can't deal with Frank and Fortus on that one..

Did you say they are doing a Blues jam? I did not realize that. I thought they just did the Godfather every night.

long RQ solos are the best

• Like 1

Sneaked into A section yesterday. My tickets were in the nose bleed area  too so was happy about that. Axl is was phenomenal, it was very inspiring to see someone with so much vocal control. His stage craft is the best I've ever seen. Last time I saw guns was at download festival back in 2002 I think. Tokyo was better. Slash was also excellent. Duff killed it. If they add some new songs to the set I would go again in an instant too support them. Time will tell if that happens though. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

any GTA IV fans here that used to blast the fuck out of the Seeker when it came on Liberty Rock Radio??? 

I used to listen to CD demos like Catcher when driving down that railway tunnel. When I bought that mansion on the hill it had all this chinese decorations so I was looking for secret panels that might reveal a CD leak. 

Edited by wasted
  • Like 2