01/29/17 - Tokyo - Saitama Super Arena

RussTCB

13 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

any GTA IV fans here that used to blast the fuck out of the Seeker when it came on Liberty Rock Radio??? 

I blasted the fuck out WTTJ and k-dst with Axl as dj on San Andreas :P

12 minutes ago, Zzuzzu said:

... Agree :thumbsup: ... And GREAT Paradise City right now :headbang: ...

Yes it was very good!!! I enjoyed the whole show one of the best of the tour! Can't wait to see them live!! Why isn't June yet?!? I want to go to a show so bad  :headbang:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I was too busy playing San Andreas and blasting Welcome to the jungle. ;)

Just now, Nightrain92 said:

I blasted the fuck out WTTJ and k-dst with Axl as dj on San Andreas :P

i was too young when the San Andreas hype was going on... i've been back and played it since and listened to Axl on the radio, but man, when it came out i had to be about 8 :lol: GTA IV just had a bigger impact on me i guess :P

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

i was too young when the San Andreas hype was going on... i've been back and played it since and listened to Axl on the radio, but man, when it came out i had to be about 8 :lol: GTA IV just had a bigger impact on me i guess :P

When San Andreas came out I was 8 or 9 too! I bought it in 2010 or 2011! So cool though :lol:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Nightrain92 said:

Yes it was very good!!! I enjoyed the whole show one of the best of the tour! Can't wait to see them live!! Why isn't June yet?!? I want to go to a show so bad  :headbang:

... the same for me, I am eagerly awaiting the 4th July :thumbsup: ... My FIRST Gn´R concert ever ... Time to make a countdown timer ;) ...

Edited by Zzuzzu
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Nightrain92 said:

When San Andreas came out I was 8 or 9 too! I bought it in 2010 or 2011! So cool though :lol:

I think I bought Vice City when I was 7, then San Andreas when I was around 10.

... it was a good thing my dad never checked game ratings.

Now I'm sad.  The Japan tour is over.  I've been anticipating this for months.  MONTHS.  And in a flash, it came and went.  Like the fleeting beauty of the cherry blossoms, blah blah blah.

I wish I would have been able to spot Del.  Wanted to ask him about one of his stories.  Oh well.  Perhaps another time.

11 minutes ago, Zzuzzu said:

... the same for me, I am eagerly awaiting the 4th July :thumbsup: ... Time to make a countdown timer ;) ...

I made it yet!! Downloaded an app for the countdown :P

5 minutes ago, Gunner927 said:

I think I bought Vice City when I was 7, then San Andreas when I was around 10.

... it was a good thing my dad never checked game ratings.

Yes!!! My parents neither :rofl-lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, t-p-d-a said:

Axl waving hands wtf never seen befor

The crowd continued waving for about another 2 minutes. Pretty weird...

Great show. The first few songs were even stronger than last night, a bit more Mickey in some other songs, but overall still very good performance from Axl. I think Slash and Duff were even more killer than last night. I think it was the end of SCOM where Axl joked to Slash "I thought you were my friend" after Slash killed it on an extended outro.

I can cross Yesterdays off, though I'm not that much of a fan. Very happy to get My Michelle, first time for me with Axl, Slash and Duff (had it once with Axl and Duff in Buenos Aires in 2014, and I think once or twice with Slash and Myles). Happy to get Sorry again, Axl wasn't as strong as in Toronto but Slash delivered. Just please give me TWAT at one of my shows this year, please.... :P

I just watched the beginning of streams for the songs I missed. Some random thoughts:

-I was definitely amused by the woman backstage who was dancing away during Double Talking Jive.

-Better was great. I wasn't the biggest fan of it when they started this thing back in the beginning. Better was never my favorite off the album and I had thought it sounded messy at the beginning of last year. I haven't gone back and watched videos from Las Vegas or Detroit to compare so I don't know if they have improved or I have gained a better appreciation of the song.

-The waving during Sorry was cool. The entire pit swaying without a single person out of sync was cool.

-Axl really seems to love Japan.

- I really hope all the forum members who went to the show had a blast

• Like 2

I'm glad someone mentioned that Axl's voice wasn't excellent. It was good and controlled but a lot of mickeyish vocals going on tonight. I didn't want to ruin everyone's fun though, the comments were all positive on here and I understand it was a good show even on scope. 

With that said I just took a look at the full calendar for shows this year and that's a stacked schedule! I get it why Axl isn't blasting his voice at full right now...so many shows left no reason to kill himself so early. 

They almost have no break from here until September....there will be plenty of great performances from here to there and some so-so ones also. 

The people that are attending are having fun so it's all good

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

I remember being in high school and eagerly snapping up whatever bootleg I was lucky enough to find on cassette back then.  Mostly UYI tour stuff.

Sometimes I'd play the tape and just wince and think "Man, Axl really sounded like shit that night."

Even in his prime, he wasn't "on" every night. 

Honestly, i would argue that his prime was pre-UYI. That said, you are right to say he wasn't on point every night. If MYGNR was around back then, people would have been complaining that Axl was too raspy and not singing like he did in the '80's lol.

• Like 1

I can't believe Japan is already over, I've been anticipating these shows for so long.

Can't wait for Europe now, but then, once it's done, how will I comfort myself?!

I wish this tour never ends.

Edited by Nalbi
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

I'm glad someone mentioned that Axl's voice wasn't excellent. It was good and controlled but a lot of mickeyish vocals going on tonight. I didn't want to ruin everyone's fun though, the comments were all positive on here and I understand it was a good show even on scope. 

With that said I just took a look at the full calendar for shows this year and that's a stacked schedule! I get it why Axl isn't blasting his voice at full right now...so many shows left no reason to kill himself so early. 

They almost have no break from here until September....there will be plenty of great performances from here to there and some so-so ones also. 

The people that are attending are having fun so it's all good

Yup. I would still recommend these shows to anyone. Tonight I went with a couple of coworkers who were fans during the band's heyday, and they loved it. I couldn't really recommend GNR to people in 2013 and 2014, but weirdly not only did my dad like GNR in Abu Dhabi in 2013, he preferred it to their 2010 show. Casual fans don't always concentrate on the same things nutjobs like us do :P Some hardcore fans get pissed when they play ChiDem songs when they could pick UYI tracks, and then there's fans like me who would take TWAT over Yesterdays any day, you can't please everyone :lol:

• Like 1