Pets!

pinkforgirls

17 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

oh poor puppy! is he panting overmuch and not drinking? if so i'd take him straightaway to the vet. or not panting enough...dogs don't "sweat" so panting is their way of sweating. prayers for your doggy...

Thanks. I've been keeping cool water by him and damp paper towels under his feet when he is laying down during the worst of the heat (dogs also expend heat through their paws).

He has been doing his best to stress us out this year as his health has been up and down. But other than the hour or two before the house starts cooling down he seems to be doing fine. He doesn't act overly distressed then either.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, janrichmond said:

My cat Colin

IMG_0113-1.JPG

Oh my! What a cute big ball of fur! Sweet kitty. :)

15 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

We were donated a playmat for the new kiddo yesterday. It's the cat's new favourite thing to sleep on! 

Photo on 18-07-2017 at 14.39.jpg

But of course! That is a cat for you. You just need to buy another one now lol! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, soon said:

How have people celebrated pets birthdays?

My cat turns one sometime in the next week or so.  I feel moved to have a celebration, but having never had pet before dont know what to do.  Any ideas? 

Well, with cats you simply can't get away with just an ordinary celebration. It will expect you to not only remember its day, but a party scaled to the eternal bond of love between the two of you. With only one week to go I fear things will be rushed. I hope you can take some days off from school or work to get it all right. What about a masquerade party where all its fuzzy friends can come dressed as their favorite tv characters? You can have a pinata formed as a giant ball of yarn filled with its favorite cat treats. A band is required. Just imagine the joy in the little furry face as it realizes you both remembered and threw her an awesome party!

No, I am just kidding. It's a fucking cat. It won't notice and neither should you. It cares almost as little for you as it does for her birthdays. If you feel guilty for being as indifferent to her birthdays as she is, then give her a token extra portion of Kit Kat for dinner.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Well, with cats you simply can't get away with just an ordinary celebration. It will expect you to not only remember its day, but a party scaled to the eternal bond of love between the two of you. With only one week to go I fear things will be rushed. I hope you can take some days off from school or work to get it all right. What about a masquerade party where all its fuzzy friends can come dressed as their favorite tv characters? You can have a pinata formed as a giant ball of yarn filled with its favorite cat treats. A band is required. Just imagine the joy in the little furry face as it realizes you both remembered and threw her an awesome party!

No, I am just kidding. It's a fucking cat. It won't notice and neither should you. It cares almost as little for you as it does for her birthdays. If you feel guilty for being as indifferent to her birthdays as she is, then give her a token extra portion of Kit Kat for dinner.

hahahaha!  good one!

Hes a good, attentive and caring ball of fur.  A gem in the kingdom of cats.  I want to celebrate him.  And if he could notice the extra attention that'd be a desirable bonus.  He's too chubby to be celebrated in food, lol

• Like 2

23 hours ago, soon said:

hahahaha!  good one!

Hes a good, attentive and caring ball of fur.  A gem in the kingdom of cats.  I want to celebrate him.  And if he could notice the extra attention that'd be a desirable bonus.  He's too chubby to be celebrated in food, lol

i always celebrate my fur babies bd's! a couple of presents, some canned food ( they mainy get dry according to what my vet says is best for them. ) i put a cande in it and sing Happy Birthday to them.

the best ever was my love of my life dog. at Christmas she loved getting her stocking! she would take it in her mouth then prance around with it before "we" opened it together! she was so smart and good and precious...a real one of a kind :wub:

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

12 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i always celebrate my fur babies bd's! a couple of presents, some canned food ( they mainy get dry according to what my vet says is best for them. ) i put a cande in it and sing Happy Borthdat to them.

the best ever was my love of my life dog. at Christmas she loved getting her stocking! she would take it in her mouth then prance around with it before "we" opened it together! she was so smart and good and precious...a real one of a kind :wub:

That sounds incredible!  What a precious friend indeed!

This guys capable, in his cat way, of something like that too.  He's interactive and thoughtful.  When you said about how she carried the stocking in her mouth it reminded me how much this guy loves carrying corn stalks and tassels in his mouth.  His first day home was mid harvest and he was on my lap as I was processing the corn at home.  He'd take tassels in his mouth and take of like a bandit and hide them under couch, then come back for more.  Was the only time he'd leave my lap.  I have some still that I haven't got to cutting the pith out of yet.  He's definitely getting some corn tassels!!  

Thanks for sharing, inspiring and informing his birthday plans!  If you have any more ideas, keep em coming!!

Edit: and Ill put some pots containing chives on floor, he loves nibbling them!!

Edited by soon
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...