Toys for Christmas

dontdamnmeuyi2015

I went to Toys R US yesterday and it was a mad house.

Shopkins seems to be the hot new toys. I know my daughter loves them. I wish I had thought of this? Damn

Barbie seems to be a vet now and an eye doctor and a dentist. Great for her. We were looking for a teacher Barbie since my daughter loves school and her teacher, but no teacher Barbie. Someday?

We got a new Star Wars monopoly game. It has BB8. Had to get that. I still love board games and so does my daughter and family.

Anyway, got some good discounts because my mom has a toys r us card.

Also the ROTC were out in full force collecting money for Toys for Tots. I very worthy cause.

Anyway, I know that thing with the hatching toy is hot. Don' t care about it. I have real cats. lol Anyway, didn't see any of them. Probably have to wait until after Xmas.

I love shopping for toys. It makes me feel like a kid again. Speaking of which, I had all the Strawberry shortcake dolls when I was a kid and now my daughter has them too. Wish I would have saved them and not cut their hair!

Happy Holidays everyone!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

My wife is desperately trying to find one of those Hatchimal things for a friend of hers daughter. She's put in a ton of effort and come up empty handed. 

has she tried the Uk sites? There doesn't seem to be a shortage of those Hatchimals here.

edit. £60!!!! that's a lot of cash for what it is.

Edited by janrichmond
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, RussTCB said:

My wife is desperately trying to find one of those Hatchimal things for a friend of hers daughter. She's put in a ton of effort and come up empty handed. 

that sucks! I mean how do these people know what the "hot" toy will be?

When I was little it was the Cabbage patch dolls and the Firehouse from the original Ghostbusters movie that you couldn't get.

Toys R Us said they had them, but I didn't see them in the store nor anyone with the toy.

The sad part is you know after Xmas, there will be tons of them in all the stores.

I hope your wife has luck. I bet there are tons on ebay.com for much more than they are worth.

22 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Yeah, they're like $60 here which I still think is entirely too much. 

Aren't they like $85? I thought they were at least over $50 bucks. Are there different sizes?

Crazy! I know there are people who have tons of them and selling them for double they are worth.

My daughter has asked for a Hatchimal for Christmas. This is the only time I haven't got her what she wants, if it was about £30 I'd get it but no way I'm paying £60.

I just know two days after it's hatched it'll be at the bottom of the toy box with 'light up singing Elsa' and the 'little live pets' that she absolutely needed!

Also, I have Shopkins all over the place in my house :lol:

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DR DOOM said:

I get my kid relatives Lego for their birthdays and Christmas every year.

lol, Geez, I sure hope they like Lego!

8 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

My friend recruited me for a shopkins hunt for ones her daughter didn't have..we were literally shoulder deep in bins rooting around for some obscure Idontevenknowwhatthenamewasnow.. haha! I enjoyed myself though :lol:

• Like 1

On 12/12/2016 at 1:11 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

that sucks! I mean how do these people know what the "hot" toy will be?

When I was little it was the Cabbage patch dolls and the Firehouse from the original Ghostbusters movie that you couldn't get.

Toys R Us said they had them, but I didn't see them in the store nor anyone with the toy.

The sad part is you know after Xmas, there will be tons of them in all the stores.

I hope your wife has luck. I bet there are tons on ebay.com for much more than they are worth.

Aren't they like $85? I thought they were at least over $50 bucks. Are there different sizes?

Crazy! I know there are people who have tons of them and selling them for double they are worth.

Oh, fuck if I know lol. We don't even need one. I only know of them because my wife is going way out of her way to help two of her friends find them for their daughters. I thought she said they were $60, but I could be wrong.

20 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

My daughter has asked for a Hatchimal for Christmas. This is the only time I haven't got her what she wants, if it was about £30 I'd get it but no way I'm paying £60.

I just know two days after it's hatched it'll be at the bottom of the toy box with 'light up singing Elsa' and the 'little live pets' that she absolutely needed!

EXACTLY! I said exactly this to my wife last night! I understand that these things are hyped and I know that a bunch of kids are gonna be mad if they don't get them but I also know that those who do get them will be done with them before it hits noon on Christmas day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DR DOOM said:

I get my kid relatives Lego for their birthdays and Christmas every year...because my previous tendency to give them a bag of Starburst and a day trip in the back of my transit van led to my being legally disqualified from being in the company of children unsupervised and my having to sign a register every time i move town.

Fixed :D

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Oh, fuck if I know lol. We don't even need one. I only know of them because my wife is going way out of her way to help two of her friends find them for their daughters. I thought she said they were $60, but I could be wrong.

EXACTLY! I said exactly this to my wife last night! I understand that these things are hyped and I know that a bunch of kids are gonna be mad if they don't get them but I also know that those who do get them will be done with them before it hits noon on Christmas day.

It doesn't even look like it could last Christmas Day out, at least the Furbies look like a kid could play with them without the thing dropping to bits. 

There is a whole load of other stuff my daughter wants as well as the Hatchimal. I got her everything else, so I know she can't be disappointed, she can carry on just fine without a Hatchimal :lol:

51 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

lol, Geez, I sure hope they like Lego!

My friend recruited me for a shopkins hunt for ones her daughter didn't have..we were literally shoulder deep in bins rooting around for some obscure Idontevenknowwhatthenamewasnow.. haha! I enjoyed myself though :lol:

Theres thousands of them lol. My little girl watches the YouTube thing that's all the rage - opening blind bags and boxes. Some adult sits there opening all these toys and it gets millions of kids watching :lol: They open Shopkins, My Little Pony blind bags and Funko stuff..

I have to do one of these things now for Xmas. Got a box and got all these Funko toys and MLP and Shopkins to go in it. It's sad but I've really enjoyed collecting all these little things to go in it haha. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my god, my daughter watches the hell out of those things on Youtube. I think it is probably better marketing than paying for expensive commercials. Just send a few out for free to these people and let them make a 30 minute unboxing video and kids love it. It is pretty ridiculous. I bought way too many shopkins, my little pony and other for Christmas lol. My daughter loves them 

• Like 1