GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

2 hours ago, dgnr said:

awww so Axl helped Meegan in the celebration of Slash's sobriety :wub::wub::wub: Probably just because there was cake, but still awww :P 

36568083_2023220704378965_30041166876633

Thank you :hug: Yes, they were always passing at almost every song. That's why security started to give us water, it was so hot.

July 19 is Slash birthday too.Good see he celebrate his sobriety too:slash:🎂

12 hours ago, RocketQueen1985 said:

I haven't posted on here in years but now I just had to because of all the love for Duff I'm seeing. It's so true that he's amazing during the shows, he's incredible with the fans. There were small children on the rail at the show I went to (probably about 4-5 years old) and one was dressed like Slash and Duff just loved it. He started throwing picks to them all but ran out before all the kids got one and he told them "I'll be back!" and later on I did see him giving them more picks. 

I also had a moment with Duff as I was wearing the sweatband he gave me when I met him in 2014. I held my arm up for him to see it and he smiled at me, yelling "Is it mine?" and I yelled back "Yes, you gave it to me" and he flashed me the biggest smile. That moment and Axl waving to me at the hotel made it the best GN'R trip ever. 

I don't understand why people bring little children to shows like this. It's not like they'll remember it later on anyway. That's very sweet of Duff though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I don't understand why people bring little children to shows like this. It's not like they'll remember it later on anyway. That's very sweet of Duff though.

maybe they have no family or babysitter available and have to bring them to the show in order to be able to attend. 

I will try it with my daughter when she is 7 or 8 , so next year. 

i wanted to go to the novarock festival this year but had no babysitter , my husband had to work, my mother just was operated in hospital so I had 2 choices: bring her with me or not attend at all. 

As novarock explicitely doesn t allow children below 8 I didn t want to risk and didn t go but the lineup was cool this year.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, RocketQueen1985 said:

I haven't posted on here in years but now I just had to because of all the love for Duff I'm seeing. It's so true that he's amazing during the shows, he's incredible with the fans. There were small children on the rail at the show I went to (probably about 4-5 years old) and one was dressed like Slash and Duff just loved it. He started throwing picks to them all but ran out before all the kids got one and he told them "I'll be back!" and later on I did see him giving them more picks. 

I also had a moment with Duff as I was wearing the sweatband he gave me when I met him in 2014. I held my arm up for him to see it and he smiled at me, yelling "Is it mine?" and I yelled back "Yes, you gave it to me" and he flashed me the biggest smile. That moment and Axl waving to me at the hotel made it the best GN'R trip ever. 

Great story and Duff :heart:

This was exactly my plan for saturday. I ll be in Leipzig and I will put on the wrist band he threw to me at the vienna concert last year. Funny you had the same thought!! I 'll also show the t shirt I made to Axl again. I am curious if he remembers it. I wrote "GNR is my Bad Obsession" on it and Axl laughed when he saw it. Gio then took it away from me but he gave it back after the show finished....

What new memories will Leipzig and Chorzow bring for me??? 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Natty said:

What new memories will Leipzig and Chorzow bring for me??? 

This will be the most memorable weekend we've ever had, 3 days - 2 shows ! I fear our craziness will overwhelm us:lol:

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, EricA said:

This will be the most memorable weekend we've ever had, 3 days - 2 shows ! I fear our craziness will overwhelm us:lol:

I am sure we'll have lots of fun :dance::heart: and stories to remember. 2 days left...

• Like 1

My kids bug me to take them to a rock show too. They are turning 6+8. I think they’re too small still because of the crowd and how some might behave. Exactly because of what @MillionsOfSpiders wrote. There’s a little open air festival soon, some good rock/pop/electronic bands will attend too and I hope to be able to go. Will go with my kids as it is during daytime and not as rowdy as a rock show.

My girl would love to see Izzy one day. :heart: Wonder where she got that from?! :lol: She remembers how much I hoped (without reason to) that he might show up in Munich last year so she thinks he must be worth while attending. :) 

So, Stradlin, do it for the kids, ok? There’s generations waiting for you! Play a show! Preferably in Europe, can’t afford to travel too far. Thanks!! :lol:

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, Tori72 said:

My kids bug me to take them to a rock show too. They are turning 6+8. I think they’re too small still because of the crowd and how some might behave. Exactly because of what @MillionsOfSpiders wrote. There’s a little open air festival soon, some good rock/pop/electronic bands will attend too and I hope to be able to go. Will go with my kids as it is during daytime and not as rowdy as a rock show.

My girl would love to see Izzy one day. :heart: Wonder where she got that from?! :lol: She remembers how much I hoped (without reason to) that he might show up in Munich last year so she thinks he must be worth while attending. :) 

So, Stradlin, do it for the kids, ok? There’s generations waiting for you! Play a show! Preferably in Europe, can’t afford to travel too far. Thanks!! :lol:

some smaller venues or festivals are great to see how it works out I think.

cool so the next rock generation is on its way! 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Have you noticed that the Encore in Nijmegen was made without the shirt in the waist?

That is great!

Even better, it was gone by Nightrain! :awesomeface:

• GNFNR 1

9 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Sorry, double posting. But. :)

I think it is a cool thing to share with your kids. They’re probably listening to the music at home a lot. Also kids remember much more than you might assume. I love seeing children at those shows. I love the idea of generations enjoying the music.

I’d protect their ears with those headphones though. I

At the Metallica concert last year were a lot of kids to, about 8-10 years though, a little older. James Hetfield was loving to see them and talked to one boy and his dad. He asked them their names and how old the boy was and told him he got a cool dad! :heart: The boy was mesmerized! :wub:

I'm short so I don’t dare to go to a rock show with my kids yet as I don’t feel physically capable of protecting them enough in case it gets rowdy. I’m looking forward to when they’re a little older and hopefully still wanna go with me.

• Like 2

When I was about 6 or 7 (don't remember exactly), my parents took me to the show of one of the most popular Mexican artists. I don't remember much from it, other than crowd was crazy and everybody were pushing.

I was little so I felt I was drowning among the adults, they looked like giants to me :unsure:...... Then I guess someone lift me up and that's how I could see better but it was still a mess.

In my opinion, if you're gonna take kids to shows, make it to one that is children-friendly :lol: and if you've got seats, so much better! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I took my girl to see Katy Perry a couple of weeks ago in a small arena, it was weird to be in that kind of crowd :lol: there were thousands of really young girls there with their mums...definitely not what I’m used to, or the music haha.... but those little girls were crazy, they rocked all night! :wow:

My kid loved her so much and loved her live band too, she thought that was amazing :lol:

I think that was a fun first concert, my kid still talks about it all of the time. 

Aww, I was already regretting not taking my daughter to a Katy Perry show :(

Wouldn't take her to a GNR show yet. I've ended up in a moshpit a few times or been squashed against the rail, so I wouldn't do that with her. Maybe if they do an arena tour, a smaller venue might be more doable.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I took my girl to see Katy Perry a couple of weeks ago in a small arena, it was weird to be in that kind of crowd :lol: there were thousands of really young girls there with their mums...definitely not what I’m used to, or the music haha.... but those little girls were crazy, they rocked all night! :wow:

My kid loved her so much and loved her live band too, she thought that was amazing :lol:

I think that was a fun first concert, my kid still talks about it all of the time. 

Awwww! :heart:

tenor.gif?itemid=7175602

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

You are a great,great mother...:lol:👏

• Like 1
  • Haha 1