British Politics

Gracii Guns

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

Brexit will not affect the UK's involvement in NATO. 

Brexit will effect an EU Army.

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I am not sure what episodes since 2000 implies that USA in NATO cannot be relied upon.

Trump for one. The repeated threats to withdraw and his way of dealing with Russia.

Afghanistan before that.

Raab's the kind of person who looks he's about to vomit everytime he talks about the poor. He's talked more bullshit down the years on TV than Boris or a Peter Bone type.

Ann Marie is just, your standard Brexiteer.

As for Esther, she's worse than your bullshiteer types. She's pure evil I'm convinced. Awful human being.

This PMQ is like the country is at war. 

Edited by AtariLegend

1 hour ago, AtariLegend said:

Raab's the kind of person who looks he's about to vomit everytime he talks about the poor. He's talked more bullshit down the years on TV than Boris or a Peter Bone type.

Ann Marie is just, your standard Brexiteer.

As for Esther, she's worse than your bullshiteer types. She's pure evil I'm convinced. Awful human being.

This PMQ is like the country is at war. 

Now it is irrelevant what kind of persons Raab, Ann Marie or Esther are. Does Theresa May have enough support in the UK Parliament to move forward with this Brexshit deal? If the answer is no. Then she has to resign. Or, as she put it yesterday, go hard Brexit or no Brexit at all

1 hour ago, AtariLegend said:

She's getting kicked out the door, this deal isn't going anywhere. Just worried about who's replacing her.

Wonder what she's saying at 5. A normal PM would be resigning.

You worry after parliament vote. I agree It doesn't look good for her. And at this moment I don't think she can pull it off. But she can still get support from DUP for the right amount of $$$. She could still get Tory votes telling them that the alternative is Corbyn as PM. And she could still get hard brexiters on her side if she threat them with no Brexit at all. She came up with this kind of things before.

I think in history books it will say in 2018 in the UK there were men and they dicks didn’t work, so they left the EU, then they thought no maybe not, then a lady said yes we will. And they checked they nuts and guess no they had no nuts and they retreated to play cricket and drink gin in fields of sheep. 

On 15/11/2018 at 6:33 PM, Padme said:

You worry after parliament vote. I agree It doesn't look good for her. And at this moment I don't think she can pull it off. But she can still get support from DUP for the right amount of $$$. She could still get Tory votes telling them that the alternative is Corbyn as PM. And she could still get hard brexiters on her side if she threat them with no Brexit at all. She came up with this kind of things before.

One interesting twist on all this is that apparently there's an unofficial Tory Party rule that anybody who survives a vote of no confidence cannot be challenged again for a year.

Johnson cannot "challenge" May for the leadership. The only way the Tories can change their leader is through a confidence vote. It would take 48 letters to Graham Brady, the chair of the 1922 Committee, to trigger one. If May won, she would be granted a year's immunity from further challenge, if she lost, then she would be forced to resign and be barred from standing in the ensuing contest.

So perversely this may well mean that if she is challenged and wins a leadership contest that she will be bulletproof for the next 12 months and thus in a better position to push though her Brexit deal. 

Edited by Dazey

1 hour ago, wasted said:

When does this end?

When we have abandoned the town's and cities and retreated to the woods. Living like starving animals. We'll have communities of small tribes but anyone who can't hunt, build shelter or nurture to younglings will be eaten. 

Then eventually He will come to unite the tribes and restore order to the island...Neil Kinnock.

4 hours ago, Dazey said:

One interesting twist on all this is that apparently there's an unofficial Tory Party rule that anybody who survives a vote of no confidence cannot be challenged again for a year.

Johnson cannot "challenge" May for the leadership. The only way the Tories can change their leader is through a confidence vote. It would take 48 letters to Graham Brady, the chair of the 1922 Committee, to trigger one. If May won, she would be granted a year's immunity from further challenge, if she lost, then she would be forced to resign and be barred from standing in the ensuing contest.

So perversely this may well mean that if she is challenged and wins a leadership contest that she will be bulletproof for the next 12 months and thus in a better position to push though her Brexit deal. 

Lets just say she survives her Party revolt. Tories don't have a majority. I think DUP is her bigger problem. Unless those DUP MP complaints happen to be a mere charade. 

1 hour ago, spunko12345 said:

When we have abandoned the town's and cities and retreated to the woods. Living like starving animals. We'll have communities of small tribes but anyone who can't hunt, build shelter or nurture to younglings will be eaten. 

Then eventually He will come to unite the tribes and restore order to the island...Neil Kinnock.

No, Little Britain is going to become Little Norway. There is a transition period. During that period May is going to negotiate a new trade agreement with the EU. I wouldn't be surprised if she is already doing it.

3 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

I’ve played Dead Island so I’m ready to kill zombies and live off canned food. I have 100 cans of beans in my garage and a chainsaw. 

23 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

If Britain is moving backwards in history now with the Brexit deal, could we introduce the Danegeld again?

I want Beowulf back!

AAA research note: Ritchie Blackmore is perhaps the closest guitarist personality to the Axl vocalist. Can you imagine trying to manage a band with them in?