British Politics

Gracii Guns

39 minutes ago, downzy said:

I read the British government expects GDP to be lowered by 3.9 percent if the deal goes through; a hard exit will shave over 9 percent of GPD.

Probably one of the worst self-inflected wounds I've ever seen.  Well, maybe save for the 2016 U.S. elections, but for Britain, definitely one of the worst.  

Yeah, but at least we can stop all the darkies coming now! DEY TOOK OUR JERBS!!!!!! :facepalm: 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Kate is upper middle class English Rose who tows the line (she is popular with the Queen). Meghan is Yankee movie celebrity who has no comprehension on these strange customs and odd behaviour indulged by these old Hanoverians. 

Meghan will get a bigger shock when she finds out they open their presents on Christmas Eve!!

I bet they give each other really shit presents aswell. It seems like a really "Royal" thing to do, just very modest shit gifts. I bet none of them has ever given Harry the latest xbox game or given the queen a new horse.

Thank christ for Amazon. With a few random clicks and christmas shopping is over. Royals probably have human forms of automation. The butler just says You give this vial of blood from the commonwealth to the Queen. And a carton of Rothmans King Size. Everything’s wrapped, I even signed it for you. Now which sock do you like to put on first?

37 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

I bet they give each other really shit presents aswell. It seems like a really "Royal" thing to do, just very modest shit gifts. I bet none of them has ever given Harry the latest xbox game or given the queen a new horse.

Novelty gifts by all accounts. I remember Harry receiving from William a ''grow your own woman'' kit - stuff like that. 

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Novelty gifts by all accounts. I remember Harry receiving from William a ''grow your own woman'' kit - stuff like that. 

Exactly as i thought. I knew it. 

I find the Royals and the British upper upper class fascinating. It's like they go beyond posh somehow into a different sphere where they are actually quite scruffy. It's why Kate can never really fit in because as immaculate as she is and however well spoken her parents are, a PROPER posh person can drive up in a muddy range rover wearing an old private school rugby top and out posh her effortlessly.

The Eton Wall game, old duffers falling asleep in the House of Lords or indeed at Lords. I love it it's a different world.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Oldest Goat said:

It's those well rehearsed little traditions that less us now they're such *reads my cue card*...charming, modest people.

What’s weird is working class people aspire to be charming, modest people. Whereas middleclass people are well I’m sure someone here can fill you ins ijust came for the gin n post count. 

26 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

The royals/class system is weird. It is a festering wound with gaudy glitter sprinkled over it. I'm half English and to my utter dismay found out some of my relatives were the groundskeepers for the Duke of such and such. 

You’re all slave owners. You can’t escape. 

5 hours ago, wasted said:

What about immigration in May’s deal. I mean that’s what people voted on. Now it’s all about trade but will immigration drop 80%?

So far it has been nothing more than a cat fight. Contempt of Parliament over Attorney General legal advice that the Government wants to hide. 

14 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Farage is leaving

For this guy his life is a neverending leaving :lol:  The real news would be the day he says he is remaning somewhere 

1 hour ago, Padme said:

So far it has been nothing more than a cat fight. Contempt of Parliament over Attorney General legal advice that the Government wants to hide. 

For this guy his life is a neverending leaving :lol:  The real news would be the day he says he is remaning somewhere 

But basically the establishment gets some power back. Seems like trade will be fluid mostly. But will immigration be curbed at all?