What Goes With French Fries / Chips ?

soon

4 hours ago, username said:

Try them and you'll never want ketchup again. Ketchup on fries is for McDonalds where the mayonnaise is as shitty as the fries. 

Come over to the dark side. We have condiments. 

I tried the fries in Amsterdam and they reminded me of the frites in Brussels only really bad. I'm pretty sure I must have just had a bad experience but for me Belgian frites with champignon sauce  are the best hands down. :)

Edited by Dazey

31 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I tried the fries in Amsterdam and they reminded me of the frites in Brussels only really bad. I'm pretty sure I must have had a bad experience but for me Belgian frites with champignon sauce  are the best hands down. :)

There are hardly places selling good fries in the centre of the city, it goes for every food basicly.

12 minutes ago, MB. said:

There are hardly places selling good fries in the centre of the city, it goes for every food basicly.

This. Amsterdam is too touristy for decent food. Most food in the centre is shit. Unless you're a local and really know where to go and where to avoid. 

26 minutes ago, username said:

This. Amsterdam is too touristy for decent food. Most food in the centre is shit. Unless you're a local and really know where to go and where to avoid. 

Yeah I figured that was probably the case. Gotta say I really enjoyed a lot of the city but the food was disappointing and the constant smell of weed really got on my tits. 

4 hours ago, soon said:

Chocolate Shake?

I love fries with milkshake, hadn't thought of that for here yet though.

I can't believe there are 6 pages on what goes with fries :lol:

(and having said that, I don't understand the mayonnaise :scared:)

But this post reminds me... I had a chocolate Malt shake at the Shake Shack in Vegas...oh my, it was soooo delicious. with fries of course. vinegar, salt and pepper for me.

5 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

I can't believe there are 6 pages on what goes with fries :lol:

(and having said that, I don't understand the mayonnaise :scared:)

But this post reminds me... I had a chocolate Malt shake at the Shake Shack in Vegas...oh my, it was soooo delicious. with fries of course. vinegar, salt and pepper for me.

Fries and GNR is what brings us all together :lol:

The malt in the shake makes all the difference imo!  That sounds delicious with vinegar and shake, will have to try!

• Like 1