10/15/17 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden

gunsguy

42 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

now that would be an interesting song for Slash to play! :slash:

Slash playing Shacklers in his own tone would be incredible. It's one of those songs they can have fun with bc the chorus melody along with the rhythm carry themselves so well. If they had time to work it out it could be really cool. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

Really like Melissa and Duff backing vocals on this song. They nail it. Axl's vocals on the first minute were incredible..nothing crazy, just good, solid, powerful, vocals that carry and project well! I love it. After that I think his voice sounds a bit tired bc it changes slightly, however I'm not at all saying it changed to something bad. It was overall one of the best vocal highlights this year. But that voice on the first minute is perfect 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Man! I hope some point of this arena tour someone can record a full concert from the screen and, especially, can sharing w all of us without any drama. Those screens across the arenas are perfect to that, we can´t miss this chance to get this kind of bootlegs.

1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

Really like Melissa and Duff backing vocals on this song. They nail it. Axl's vocals on the first minute were incredible..nothing crazy, just good, solid, powerful, vocals that carry and project well! I love it. After that I think his voice sounds a bit tired bc it changes slightly, however I'm not at all saying it changed to something bad. It was overall one of the best vocal highlights this year. But that voice on the first minute is perfect 

Wowza, awesome Madagascar. His voice wobbled/cracked whatever you wanna call it because where he would normally switch into clean (even in 2006) he kept going raspy and lost it for a sec but powered through. Night 3 could be really fucking great. 

Love how into the final verses Slash gets. He always jumps into it but he was really animated here and with Axl stood next to him, hand on his shoulder....crazy times. 

3 hours ago, Gibbo said:

I really wish that after this video, or after every “I Feel Good” performance, we stopped saying that Axl’s mid range is gone... He’s just not using it. His voice is clearly shot and tired, and this performances show that he’s not done. He will recover with a long break. There WILL be a point in wich he won't be able to recover some of the voices he uses, but not now. This performances prove it.

Awesome performance of Madagascar. Hope Angus guests tomorrow! 

Edited by GNRfanMILO
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, nikosgnr said:

Best Maddy so far.. Now lets bring Shackler's back too..

Yes, good usage of the "deep voice", Axl actually sounds like he cares when he sings this...Just cause of these

reasons, I'd like to see more from C.D, simply as Axl gets more fired up singing it, he must get a bit of kick out

of having Slash and Duff play these songs, sort of like, "They finally came round to my way of thinking"...
They never wanted to do that industrial album but here we are 25 years later, they're playing my songs...
I wonder if that ever goes thro his mind ! It would be nice to see him sing a V.R track as a tip of the hat 

and thank you....
Anyways, definitely the best Madagascar...Hope it sticks around and that the middle riff/solo only get a bit

more meatier....
To the person that said - Shacklers, would be interesting, that could have a complete makeover, I guess...

2 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Yes, good usage of the "deep voice", Axl actually sounds like he cares when he sings this...Just cause of these

reasons, I'd like to see more from C.D, simply as Axl gets more fired up singing it, he must get a bit of kick out

of having Slash and Duff play these songs, sort of like, "They finally came round to my way of thinking"...
They never wanted to do that industrial album but here we are 25 years later, they're playing my songs...
I wonder if that ever goes thro his mind ! It would be nice to see him sing a V.R track as a tip of the hat 

and thank you....
Anyways, definitely the best Madagascar...Hope it sticks around and that the middle riff/solo only get a bit

more meatier....
To the person that said - Shacklers, would be interesting, that could have a complete makeover, I guess...

Axl has said he enjoys performing CD material the most, and i can understand why given he has been singing the AFD and UYI stuff for many more years than he has the CD material. I would wager he sounds better on these songs simply because he enjoys singing it more. When it comes to something like Madagascar specifically, it's something new to the setlist and a song which he can not simply phone in.

6 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

and thank you....

more meatier....

Shacklers is a song nobody really has an attachment to. But it can be a monster live.  So for those reasons it could be incredibly interesting to hear with a touch from Slash

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Axl has said he enjoys performing CD material the most, and i can understand why given he has been singing the AFD and UYI stuff for many more years than he has the CD material. I would wager he sounds better on these songs simply because he enjoys singing it more. When it comes to something like Madagascar specifically, it's something new to the setlist and a song which he can not simply phone in.

That and the fact it was recorded after his vocals changed and aged a bit...so not such a stretch to match ! Actually on the 2010 tour, most of the live vocals of Chinese songs sounded a lot better than the recorded vocals, If you ask me and I do love the record !

7 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Shacklers is a song nobody really has an attachment to. But it can be a monster live.  So for those reasons it could be incredibly interesting to hear with a touch from Slash

Yea, I remember really enjoying it live in 2010, Axl nailed the different voices...Loved the Chorus with the meaty rasp ! Bumble's solos were pretty sweet too...
So, If we're gonna add more C.D to see what Slash does, I'd say that, IRS and The Blues would all be cool...The Blues with Slash's solos and licks could be

great, up his street....

7 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

That and the fact it was recorded after his vocals changed and aged a bit...so not such a stretch to match ! Actually on the 2010 tour, most of the live vocals of Chinese songs sounded a lot better than the recorded vocals, If you ask me and I do love the record !

Yea I could have enjoyed If the World if it wasn't Mickey'd on the album