11/17/17 - Las Vegas, NV - T-Mobile Arena

gunsguy

6 minutes ago, ironmt said:

What an excellent show last night. It was my 9th GNR show and my second favorite behind the 1992 Use Your Illusion show. I am not a fan of Chinese Democracy material In anyway, but I was pleasantly surprised at how good they sounded live last night with Prostitute and Madagascar being my favorite. It may be time to give Chinese Democracy another chance and It Is certainly time to start looking for tickets to Los Angeles.  Anyone else run Into the Axl and Slash look a likes? I first met them In Los Angeles at Dodger stadium last year and ran Into them again last night. 

Glad you had a great time last night, didn't realise you were going!  

That's bloody awesome you're giving CD a chance and nice to know those songs are sounding as great live as they do on the videos.  It's worth mentioning that the way Slash and Duff have been playing on the CD songs of late has encouraged everyone in the band to lift their game (my opinion anyway) and that's probably why those songs are coming across so well.  Hopefully, you'll still appreciate the album versions.  Thanks for review! ^^

Edit: how did Axl sound to you?

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ironmt said:

What an excellent show last night. It was my 9th GNR show and my second favorite behind the 1992 Use Your Illusion show. I am not a fan of Chinese Democracy material In anyway, but I was pleasantly surprised at how good they sounded live last night with Prostitute and Madagascar being my favorite. It may be time to give Chinese Democracy another chance and It Is certainly time to start looking for tickets to Los Angeles.  Anyone else run Into the Axl and Slash look a likes? I first met them In Los Angeles at Dodger stadium last year and ran Into them again last night. 

Glad you had such an amazing time. For some reason I felt missing out on the Vegas show was a big loss, that it was going to be special . Can you share how it was different ? What reasons you liked it best from this tour? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ironmt said:

Oh,the Axl and Slash  lookalikes i see they in everywhere😆glad me what you enjoy@Irontm✌

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Pishy said:

Glad you had such an amazing time. For some reason I felt missing out on the Vegas show was a big loss, that it was going to be special . Can you share how it was different ? What reasons you liked it best from this tour? 

Thank you very much. I just think that the atmosphere for this particular show was the best that I have ever experienced, other than the UYI tour. Slash was dead on withe his solos and I thought Axl sounded great. Every section of the arena seemed to be on their feet for the entire 3.5 hour show. I also didn't think that the show was hampered In anyway with Chinese songs and the crowd responded well to them all. I actually had the worst seats that I have ever had for a Guns show and It turned out to be my second favorite show out of 9. I am sorry that you missed out, but your assumption of missing them In Las Vegas, Is correct. It Is a special venue and a special crowd, with people that I met coming from Germany and Mexico to see them.  I don't drink, so this Isn't alcohol talking, It far exceeded my expectations and I have actually become a fan of a few Chinese songs.  

Edited by ironmt
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Glad you had a great time last night, didn't realise you were going!  

That's bloody awesome you're giving CD a chance and nice to know those songs are sounding as great live as they do on the videos.  It's worth mentioning that the way Slash and Duff have been playing on the CD songs of late has encouraged everyone in the band to lift their game (my opinion anyway) and that's probably why those songs are coming across so well.  Hopefully, you'll still appreciate the album versions.  Thanks for review! ^^

Edit: how did Axl sound to you?

Thank you very much. It was a tremendous show that exceeded my expectations by miles. They could tour for the rest of their lives and I would continue to show up. Their Is not a touring act that comes close, In my opinion. We are paying premium prices, for a premium show. I think you are spot on with the Chinese material, they sounded great live and the people are responding to them. 

25 minutes ago, ironmt said:

Thank you very much. I just think that the atmosphere for this particular show was the best that I have ever experienced, other than the UYI tour. Slash was dead on withe his solos and I thought Axl sounded great. Every section of the arena seemed to be on their feet for the entire 3.5 hour show. I also didn't think that the show was hampered In anyway with Chinese songs and the crowd responded well to them all. I actually had the worst seats that I have ever had for a Guns show and It turned out to be my second favorite show out of 9. I am sorry that you missed out, but your assumption of missing them In Las Vegas, Is correct. It Is a special venue and a special crowd, with people that I met coming from Germany and Mexico to see them.  I don't drink, so this Isn't alcohol talking, It far exceeded my expectations and I have actually become a fan of a few Chinese songs.  

Thanks for the review . I saw the first Vegas show so I have an idea of how it is but I kept thinking is it that it's back to where it all started sort of thing or that they put more of an effort when in Vegas or LA? I do recall it was the best crowd for sure . So I have no doubt it was great and it is a fun arena . The acoustics far exceed MSG. Vegas has its charm for sure .

I notice they perform differently at certain venues , I would say NYC , LA and Vegas . Where they know other musicians will be attending or 'important' arenas, or where it will be recorded for radio...

A lot of people from around the world made it to NYC as well and I suspect it will be the same for LA. I agree that makes it extra special . There is something fun about Vegas , wonder what it's like to live there , lol!

i heard the weather was nice as well. 

Glad you got in and it went so well!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Pishy said:

I notice they perform differently at certain venues , I would say NYC , LA and Vegas . Where they know other musicians will be attending or 'important' arenas, or where it will be recorded for radio...

I wish that were true. See rock in rio or apollo for examples

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rockphantom said:

I wonder the same thing about Margott and Tako. They may be "trustfund babies".

Yes. They have to be. More money than sense and obviously none of it self earned. The tickets alone, going VIP every night, must have cost them way over 30 grand. Nevermind the repeated airtravel and travel back and forth and the hotels. And being on the road for over half a year. In a way it is kinda sad. Where is the personal life?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Pishy said:

Thanks for the review . I saw the first Vegas show so I have an idea of how it is but I kept thinking is it that it's back to where it all started sort of thing or that they put more of an effort when in Vegas or LA? I do recall it was the best crowd for sure . So I have no doubt it was great and it is a fun arena . The acoustics far exceed MSG. Vegas has its charm for sure .

A lot of people from around the world made it to NYC as well and I suspect it will be the same for LA. I agree that makes it extra special . There is something fun about Vegas , wonder what it's like to live there , lol!

i heard the weather was nice as well. 

Glad you got in and it went so well!

They certainly have come full circle. They always seem to give 100%, but some shows just seem to be better than others and I have to believe that fan Interaction and response plays a role In motivating the band. Certain songs last night seemed to get the crowd jumping more than others, with Nightrain leading In that category. Axl also made a point to let the crowd know that he was satisfied with their participation on KOHD by commenting on how loud everyone was. As you said L.A, NYC and Las Vegas seem to be the "Important arenas" and they brought their A game. Speaking of the weather, It was PERFECT. 

Edited by ironmt
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, jonah said:

I wish that were true. See rock in rio or apollo for examples

Apollo was my favorite , lol! But it was because it was a very small venue, it felt like they were in my living room , nothing can top that GnR experience . I saw slash on a whole other level and of course already thought highly of him . It was incredible and yes , that had to be experienced live , no two ways about it 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

32 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Because he's a hipster dude, it's the latest thing everybody wants one.

Out of likes,but 😂😃😅👍

5 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Can't wait to see a bunch of cunts knocking round Shoreditch with a 50" plasma hanging off their manbuns! :lol:

Out of likes,but 😀😅😃👍

13 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Anyway, last night we went to see the Guns N’Roses show at T-Mobile Arena here in Las Vegas. I have not seeing a show since my husband played with them in that same Arena a few years ago.

Really? DJ played with GnR at the T-Mobile Arena? Is this the same T-Mobile Arena that wasn't even built when DJ was still in the band? :lol:

You're correct, I just posted something similar. 

I was thinking "Lady, your husband never played that place. He played the place that's about 4 blocks east and less than 1/4 the size" :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

You're correct, I just posted something similar. 

I was thinking "Lady, your husband never played that place. He played the place that's about 4 blocks east and less than 1/4 the size" :lol:

I was thinking that I'm sure I was at both of the previous T-Mobile shows and don't remember seeing DJ there. :lol:

• Like 1