07/20/17 - NYC - Apollo Theater

alfierose

Just now, TheSeeker said:

No - longest was 3 hours 37 minutes at Tokyo in 2009

Tonight was around 3 hours 20 minutes

This show was like 3 hours and 8 minutes. It started at 1030 not 10pm and GNR played a show that was over 4 hours in the 90s

18 minutes ago, Tadsy said:

I'm trying my hardest not to be a whinging c***, but fuck me, I'm going to have one anyway! 

Here goes: 

to fernando, beta, whoever runs this shit show marketing this crap you should be ashamed. 

Months of seeing hints, flyers and what not in Times Square, down town LA about appetite turning 30 and this is what you dish up! 

It's actually worse than not doing anything at all. They make mugs of the fans, like us who follow this band every single day. They promote it as being special but in reality they dish up the same old tripe. They've squandered every opportunity to really give this album and the fans the celebration it's deserved. 

ill cop Izzy and Steven not being on this tour (reluctantly) but this was a chance to do something special, and all they've done us turn up with the same shit they've fed us for 15 months now! It's embarrassing. 

I mean, if this is a case of not being on speaking terms with Izzy... Fix it. Did Axl not learn anything from the slash situation??? Doesn't look like it. And Steven? Well a blatant dislike for him by AXL isn't good enough either. It's a piss poor effort to dish this shit up like another show. That's one thing... But promoting it as special and then making mugs out of everyone is actually worse. 

Couldny muster a fucking interview for 15 months, couldn't be bothered to throw the fans a bone in that time, but happy to take the $188 bucks for a cat c ticket in a stadium 100 metres from the stage for show after show to line their pockets. 

It's embarrassing to say the least, duff and slash are bigger sell outs than I ever thought they were, they've been complicit in this crap too. 

Anyway, fuck it... What's the point. We are going to get 12 months more of NITL and then some sort of version of the same or nothing, and that will be it. 

anyone who thinks new music is coming needs a doctor, get checked out, these pricks can't even play appetite front to back on its 30th birthday, and by the time it's 40, kiss it good bye because these guys will be sitting under a palm tree counting their cash! 

What a missed opportunity. 

rant over

Making way too much sense, Tadsy. Half the nuts here actually believe this is bullshit.

Just now, colonizedmind said:

No, it was Tokyo 2009...
Axl mention "The record towards the end"

Oh weird, I remember reading back in the day in some magizine GNR played a show over 4 hours in the early 90s. Must have been a typo.

Grade - Probably B-, C+ if I'm gonna be 100% honest. Started off real good, in the middle axl lost it went full helium for a while, songs that he was able to use non-rasp worked well, band was musically on fire, Seeker was actually one of the best in the set list  (every one was firing on all cylinders on that one),  no surprises/normal NITL set list which is, let's be honest with ourselves (and in the face and the eve of the anniversary if their FUCKING DEBUT 30 years ago) is a tad disappointing. But I love this band, always will and we just got a live concert to like or dislike in the books. Final note - if there is literally not ONE WORD from anyone in the GNR camp tomorrow about the importance of the day, then I'm actually going to be pissed. Night yall.

How long til the people who were there say it was awesome and are then told how much it sucked by the people at home? "Ah,well you see I know you were at the show but I was on my keyboard furiously typing away and I noticed they played The Seeker yet again so in conclusion I had a terrible time streaming this free ,soundboard quality concert" 

• Like 4

Well, I enjoyed it. Of course, I wish they would've done AFD in full (or at least something like You're Crazy/Think About You), but it is what it is. Keep your expectations low, and you'll be satisfied.

Axl kinda fell off after RQ/YCBM (which I thought he actually did quite decent on, compared to some performances), but he picked it up again from SCOM through the encore. Glad we'll be able to get such a good soundboard out of it.

On to the lame-ass security in St. Louis!

• Like 2

Just now, PirateRadio said:

Making way too much sense, Tadsy. Half the nuts here actually believe this is bullshit.

Haha cheers man! 

Min just really bummed. 

The sensible part of me knew this was going to happen. 

I didn't think izzy and Steven would actually be there, I think it's a disgrace they weren't but I knew it was long odds. 

What I am more bummed about is that there was no difference between this show and any other. 

There was no effort on GNR's part to differentiate this show at all. 

I thought they might have at least played appetite front to back. 

For example: 

Then, they could have done something different like play patience or don't cry acoustically and thrown in a few others from their back catalogue that haven't been seen so far this tour to make this show stand out. 

But nope, we get a play by play NITL show. 

And bs yeah the show itself might have sounded great but that's the minimum expectation for any fan paying BIG money in my book 

anyway, I promised myself I wouldn't be a whinging c*** haha 

but if anyone wants answers on this band being creative ever again, tonight you got your answer!  

7 minutes ago, bc rich said:

These guys really don't give a fuck about the fans......just another bullshit show designed to try and sell a few more tickets to undecided casual fans so they can line their pockets with more loot. #disaf'nppointed!

As per his rock n roll hall of fame speech, Duff wants you to know that he's here doing this because of the fans and because he's heard your voice around the fucking world.

And he honors you...and his bank account.

Thank you Duff.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gnfnr2k said:

Oh weird, I remember reading back in the day in some magizine GNR played a show over 4 hours in the early 90s. Must have been a typo.

It was the Great Western Forum show in Los Angeles California. August 2nd 1991.  That is the longest show by Guns ever.  Don't let these people fool you with these 2009 Japan nonsense.

3 minutes ago, Gunner927 said:

Well, I enjoyed it. Of course, I wish they would've done AFD in full (or at least something like You're Crazy/Think About You), but it is what it is. Keep your expectations low, and you'll be satisfied.

Axl kinda fell off after RQ/YCBM (which I thought he actually did quite decent on, compared to some performances), but he picked it up again from SCOM through the encore. Glad we'll be able to get such a good soundboard out of it.

On to the lame-ass security in St. Louis!

Exactly how I feel about tonight's show.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SWINGTRADER said:

It was the Great Western Forum show in Los Angeles California. August 2nd 1991.  That is the longest show by Guns ever.  Don't let these people fool you with these 2009 Japan nonsense.

The article I read was talking about that concert, the article said they played close to 4 hours.  But that was the show i was thinking about that was the longest 

Well, I shared my view before the show, about how it would have been great to have something extra special for the anniversary. But I did very much enjoy what we got. I thought it was a good show, and I am grateful to @Gibbo and GN'R SudAmerica for streaming it. Thank you. :)

Definitely bed time now. Nearly 7 am. :lol:Night all!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

How long til the people who were there say it was awesome and are then told how much it sucked by the people at home? "Ah,well you see I know you were at the show but I was on my keyboard furiously typing away and I noticed they played The Seeker yet again so in conclusion I had a terrible time streaming this free ,soundboard quality concert" 

"I know that while I was there, I couldn't stop screaming "I LOVE YOU, AXL! I LOVE YOU, AXL! I LOVE YOU, AXL!," but upon further review of the Youtube footage, I'd like you to allow me to re-recorded myself screaming "WHERE'S THE RASP, AXL? WHERE'S THE RASP, AXL? WHERE'S THE RASP, AXL (AND WHERE'S IZZY, TOO?)""

Yep out come all the upset posters, who seem to think it's everyone else is to blame as there dreams and wishes did not come true.

Blame band members for selling out, blame the band for providing for their  families and paying their morages, blame band management, blame Eddie, blame Frank etc.

Dont no way people take it personally as it does nit affect there life....

If it's so bad i.e axls vocals, the way the band is managed and promoted,  future show and tour sales or the relationships of past or present members as it will only affect these people personally and financially.