07/20/17 - NYC - Apollo Theater

alfierose

11 minutes ago, Lio said:

Never mind him. He's just here to tell you Axl sucked, even if he didn't watch/listen to the thing and hasn't been to a show in years. That's his role here apparently. I suppose he's part of the furniture here, always saying the exact same thing :shrugs:

9 minutes ago, slitherz said:

Yeah, got that after reading his comments... dudes living in his own dark world :D

You guys are unable to debate without using personal attacks. Pathetic. Attack the post, not the poster. Be an adult for fucks sake. Stop acting like One Direction fans for once in your so happy and good lives.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

That gig could have been a true celebration of afd, but it wasn't...

Slash duff and axl should have paid izzy and Steven a cold million each. Rehearsed for a few days , played an epic afd 30th show, released a DVD of it....  pretty simple really...

fuck man I should be managing this motherfucker.

Are you sure you're cut out for the job?

*TEAM MEETING - Managers, Hanger Ons, Guys with manbuns and stubble*

"Hey guys, how should we celebrate AFD30 and promote the Apollo show?"

"We don't want to confuse the two...you know how stupid Guns fans are!"

"Right??!?!?!? I KNOW....Let's buy a billboard outside the Apollo that has the AFD cross and says #Appetite30th! That should sort that out!"

"DONE and DONE!"

giphy.gif

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, maynard said:

Can't wait for Rock in Rio. 127th time GNR will play the same setlist in Brazil.

I pray to God he will sound great in Brazil. Specifically Sao Paulo. Going to Brazil for the first time and seeing them for the first time. I dont care about the setlist since this is my first show. Just hope Mickey dont show up often!

Watching Bon Jovi and Aerosmith too. Im wondering who will sound better- Jon or Axl, cuz both of them have been criticized by their fans a lot.

Just listened to a bit. His vocals are definitely not nearly at the levels they were at in 2016. They are more like 2011 and 2012 again... 

When youre at the show it doesnt matter that much imo, but its apparent to me on recordings. I hope if a live album and movie comes out its of a 2016 gig. I also am kind of glad they didnt do a half ass AfD celebration and ignore Steven and Izzy in the process. A few more deep cuts from AfD could have been welcome, though

I also think there are WAYYYYYY too many covers now. Holy shit, we now have Rosie, BHS, and The Seeker, and that doesnt even count the jams and LALD/KOHD. Trim the fat, that is way too many songs that can just kill momentum. A cover or so is fine, but god damn

Edit- Band also sounds great from what I heard. 

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, maynard said:

You guys are unable to debate without using personal attacks. Pathetic. Attack the post, not the poster. Be an adult for fucks sake. Stop acting like One Direction fans for once in your so happy and good lives.

You're not here to debate. You're saying Axl sounds like shit and his voice is bad, regardless of if you've heard the footage or have been to a show. You don't care about other people's opinions or having a debate, you just ridicule people who enjoy the shows and try to rile people up. That's how I see it anyway.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Lio said:

You're not here to debate. You're saying Axl sounds like shit and his voice is bad, regardless of if you've heard the footage or have been to a show. You don't care about other people's opinions or having a debate, you just ridicule people who enjoy the shows and try to rile people up. That's how I see it anyway.

Hmmmm... Yeah, my opinion is that if Axl doesn't use his trademark raspy voice he sounds bad. What do you mean I don't care about having a debate? Just look at how the conversation goes on:

randomposter: Axl sounded great.

me: Did he use his raspy voice? If he didn't, I think he didn't sound great at all. I think he sounded like shit.

What's wrong about this approach? Why does it offend you so deeply you have to call me names instead of just saying he does sound good and I'm wrong? Or simply ignoring me?

You can find it all annoying but you can't deny I keep it civilized and polite. I never insult or attack anyone.

I don't want another warning point for just sharing my thoughts so we can keep discussing it via PM if you are interested. Seeing how you always post about ME and not my opinions, it seems you have some interest.

Edited by maynard

9 minutes ago, FuriousStyles said:

Are you sure you're cut out for the job?

*TEAM MEETING - Managers, Hanger Ons, Guys with manbuns and stubble*

"Hey guys, how should we celebrate AFD30 and promote the Apollo show?"

"We don't want to confuse the two...you know how stupid Guns fans are!"

"Right??!?!?!? I KNOW....Let's buy a billboard outside the Apollo that has the AFD cross and says #Appetite30th! That should sort that out!"

"DONE and DONE!"

giphy.gif

Just need the original 5 in a room, Tom zutaut, Alan Niven, David Geffen and me. Shit would happen.

1 minute ago, maynard said:

Hmmmm... Yeah, my opinion is that if Axl doesn't use his trademark raspy voice he sounds bad. What do you mean I don't care about having a debate? Just look at how the conversation goes on:

randomposter: Axl sounded great?

me: Did he use his raspy voice? If he didn't, I think he didn't sound great at all.

What's wrong about this approach? Why does it offend you so deeply you have to call me names instead of just saying he does sound good and I'm wrong? Or simply ignoring me?

You can find it all annoying but you can't deny I keep it civilized and polite. I never insult or attack anyone.

I don't want another warning point for just sharing my thoughts so we can keep discussing it via PM if you are interested. Seeing how you always post about ME and not my opinions, it seems you have some interest.

:lol: It's okay, I've said what I wanted to say about that. :heart:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I haven't complained about the set list this tour but to just throw the same set out last night just makes no sense.. 

At least with the "same old, same old" set list I felt a little better about not getting a SiriusXM subscriber invite email. :) 

Edited by Blackjacker
  • Like 2

Just to inject a little positivity into the thread, has anyone taken the time to listen to Rocket Queen from last night?  Fucking epic.  Axl sounds ok, but the players are absolutely outstanding, a pure joy to listen to from start to finish.  I know mistakes were made during Nightrain, but hearing this track alone makes me think those guys must be having a good time up there at least, and not just going through the motions.  

12 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Just to inject a little positivity into the thread, has anyone taken the time to listen to Rocket Queen from last night?  Fucking epic.  Axl sounds ok, but the players are absolutely outstanding, a pure joy to listen to from start to finish.  I know mistakes were made during Nightrain, but hearing this track alone makes me think those guys must be having a good time up there at least, and not just going through the motions.  

That was a damn good Coma too.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Just to inject a little positivity into the thread, has anyone taken the time to listen to Rocket Queen from last night?  Fucking epic.  Axl sounds ok, but the players are absolutely outstanding, a pure joy to listen to from start to finish. 

I think RQ has become a sprawling mess.  Nothing against it being drawn-out and having an enormous Slash solo in the middle, but at points it seems directionless and they just decide to button it up and finish it.  On the last couple SMKC tours, they'd extend the intro, Slash would do a 10-minute solo in the middle, and it was glorious.  Last night, not so much.

Now Coma... that works as a 'sprawling mess' - it's written that way, and when they really get into it live it starts to feel like it could fly off the rails at any moment, which comes off as fantastic.  RQ (my favorite GNR song, so perhaps I'm overly critical) does not benefit from that same treatment.

Edited by Blackjacker
Trimmed quote
  • Like 1

I never complain bout the setlist. Never say "too many covers" etc... Im always defending the band everywhere! I look to justify their actions like a blind teenager in love... but how can last night be ok? Smh... I heard the whole while driving from Rhode Island To North Carolina w my kids... was actually JEALOUS of the people that got tix last night... by the end of it I was glad I didn't go. It would've slowed down my trip... Unless 7/27 is something different... Not gonna worry bout seeing them this year... There's no justification of last night. None. Throw in Out Ta Get Me and Think About You and that alone would've been worth it! We GNR fans are that easy... but no... another "opportunity" lost... 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Blackjacker said:

I think RQ has become a sprawling mess.  Nothing against it being drawn-out and having an enormous Slash solo in the middle, but at points it seems directionless and they just decide to button it up and finish it.  On the last couple SMKC tours, they'd extend the intro, Slash would do a 10-minute solo in the middle, and it was glorious.  Last night, not so much.

Now Coma... that works as a 'sprawling mess' - it's written that way, and when they really get into it live it starts to feel like it could fly off the rails at any moment, which comes off as fantastic.  RQ (my favorite GNR song, so perhaps I'm overly critical) does not benefit from that same treatment.

I do like a sprawling mess every now and then, so guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that one.  Agree about Coma and the way it's written lends itself to chaos, it sounded fantastic last night, too.  

7 minutes ago, Blackjacker said:

I agree that Rocket Queen was anything but Epic.. Axl didn't sound good and the rendition this band just sucks... Even the little anticipation before Slash's slide is ruined by the stupid little riff Fortus does.. Fortus and Frank ruin that one for sure... Also one of my favorite Guns songs and it is a shame. This band isn't good enough to play it anything but like the album version. They should strip it down.

7 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Hi guys I just got back and I've read through every god damn page because I'm a loser. :facepalm::lol:

So things went pretty downhill and no special surprises eh? That sucks! The show started off strong and we had a really good vibe going.

P.S. Eddie Trunk is human garbage.

#FireFrank

stealing part of your Sig