07/20/17 - NYC - Apollo Theater

alfierose

1 hour ago, Tadsy said:

We know for a fact that slash was on here on the second afternoon of the Sydney shows, they KNOW what we are saying and yet nothing changes! 

I missed this. Could you tell me what the deal was, what was he reading etc? Didn't know he even had an account. 

As for the show. I understand why people are so pissed and frustrated from various points of view. When you have artists like Springsteen who play literally hundreds of different songs over a tour, play multiple records in their entirety, play two whole records back to back at small, special shows like this etc it does seem staggeringly lazy. The only thing that surprises me at this point, however, is that Slash and Duff haven't tried influencing at least a little surprise here or there.

Every single guage we can use suggests Axl would be as perfectly amenable to it as he sounded during China Exchange and the Duff interview. I doubt they would dare broach the subject of vocals as something so sensitive could potentially disrupt an incredible 15 months of harmony. Then again, Slash and Duff probably have the very top people in the business from Live Nation and their management telling them that everything is perfect and they don't need to do a thing except keep Axl on the train tracks.

As far as the media, general ticket buying public, record company, Live Nation and Ticketmaster are concerned a total of 15 months of the most unlikely best-case-scenario is ongoing and the grumblings of a few hardcore holdouts o the internet mean absolutely jack shit. 

To everyone who is pissed off with the lack of acknowledgement that we exist i'd suggest to just chill for the next four and a half months until the end of the tour. In the meantime we've got Canadian shows which have tended to involve some sexier setlists, a Rio pro-shot and SA stadiums, Phily and two MSG shows.

If they then go radio silent for months until some vague announcement is promised that turns out to be more NITL shows in arenas in a market they've already played then i'll be the first down the front on the barrier with a bunch of signs heckling the fuck out of them.  

Edited by Jordan Rose

6 minutes ago, Tadsy said:

Slash came on here under his username and quoted a wolf mother song an hour before he jumped on stage and played it with them... it went largely unnoticed until he played the song with them, 

it was defo slash

No, it wasn't. That same poster came online afterwards and said something that was nonsense. I believe @RussTCB confirmed it certainly wasn't Slash?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

Bamboozle their fans into what?  Signing up for a free trial of SiriusXM if they didn't already have it?  Turning to channel 41 to listen?  You couldn't purchase tickets to the show so what could you be bamboozled out of?

Expecting one thing, and getting something else. I'm not the only one here who saw the AFD cross promo for this show and thought there was an outside chance of an AFD 5 reunion. That kind of reaction would imply that their marketing is not conveying the message clearly enough.

As far as the marketing, I posted a few days ago that the spot running on SiriusXM was advertising "Axl, Slash, Duff McKagan and the rest of Guns n' Roses."  No mention of classic members.  Just essentially a reference to GNR and their backing musicians.  

Didn't see that. That's still not implicitly stating that Izzy and Steve won't be there either. Again, seeing the AFD cross promo - it's not unreasonable for fans to expect something "special" to go down at this show. Only thing I would add to this would be Beta responding to a fan and clearing this up but that should have been done days earlier imho to clear up any confusion.

Suppose we'll have to agree to disagree here but I do see your point.

7 minutes ago, Tadsy said:

Slash came on here under his username and quoted a wolf mother song an hour before he jumped on stage and played it with them... it went largely unnoticed until he played the song with them, 

it was defo slash

It wasn't Slash although it was clearly someone who knew something whether that was overhearing a soundcheck or an association to one of the bands. 

Lets not derail going over this topic though.

Called it, just another show. I also called the bitching too but this is on another level, why the hell did anyone expect more? You only have yourselves to blame, anyone disappointed is just a mug at this point.

Looking forward to hearing the soundboard though! 

Just now, AlexC said:

Called it, just another show. I also called the bitching too but this is on another level, why the hell did anyone expect more? You only have yourselves to blame, anyone disappointed is just a mug at this point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNKic7yDaB4

19 minutes ago, Tadsy said:

it was defo slash

11 minutes ago, Lio said:

No, it wasn't. That same poster came online afterwards and said something that was nonsense. I believe @RussTCB confirmed it certainly wasn't Slash?

:lol:

Not sure where this theory is coming from but Slash, to my knowledge has never visited our board. This is the very first time I'm hearing anything at all about a supposed account of his on here.

6 minutes ago, alfierose said:

It wasn't Slash although it was clearly someone who knew something whether that was overhearing a soundcheck or an association to one of the bands. 

Lets not derail going over this topic though.

I stand corrected. 

That verification must have come some time later and I've missed it?? Because on the day that post was made, it wasn't until slash hit the stage with wolf mother that we realised that slash (or someone with his moniker) had given a huge hint that he was going to be on stage playing that song later because the post itself went largely unnoticed at the time.

anyway, I apologise for my incorrect info on the score. Would love to know how you guys figured it out it wasn't slash? 

Also, it's well known that Fernando does Pop his head in here as he does regularly at HTGTH, my point remains, our grievances aren't bothered with lol 

2 minutes ago, AlexC said:

I've been calling this reaction since about 10 minutes after this whole thing was announced. :lol:

• Like 1

They play a show thats over 3 hours long with all the hits and more. It's the first soundboard recording of this tour. That's why I was looking forward to this gig. 

I'm surprised people expected something else. Obviously I would be happy if they had dropped the covers for some deepcuts but I didn't expect that at all.

It was a great show from what I've heard till now.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

:lol:

Not sure where this theory is coming from but Slash, to my knowledge has never visited our board. This is the very first time I'm hearing anything at all about a supposed account of his on here.

Hey mate, 

Here is the link to what im on about 

iii]; )'

quote "by the sword fuckers" 

not slash?